IGNORED

England has it's own Creationist Zoo

tankgirl

Never imagined this. I have only met one creationist in my entire life, and that was one lonely looking guy holding a cross and handing out leaflets outside a Richard Dawkins talk.

Never imagined this. I have only met one creationist in my entire life, and that was one lonely looking guy holding a cross and handing out leaflets outside a Richard Dawkins talk.

I found out recently that my neighbor's son and wife are very much creationists. I was kind of not surprised, based on the evangelical church they attend on an almost obsessive basis. He's got his doctorate in English, and teaches in public schools. Everyone else in the family is non-religious, so he's definitely following his wife's family beliefs.

This strikes me as hilarious. I'm just imagining myself, a professional aquarist (think zookeeper for fish), or any of my colleagues working at an insititution that promotes creationism. It'd sure make for some hilarious lunchtime bitching.

Those poor animals look like they were housed in miserable conditions. You'd hope that the owners of the zoo who want to be better stewards of "God's" creation.

It's not true, btw, that tapirs aren't considered unrelated to any other mammals. They are odd-toed ungulates and related to horses and rhinos.

I enjoy visting zoos etc but this isnt some where i would vist, i dont need religion on a day out. I also doubt kids in the uk, or parents will care about 'the message' they are trying to get across.

I just recently found out my sister in law is a creationist. i must now make it my duty to screw with my niece and nephews as much as possible so they understand science.

I don't think we even have a creation museum in Australia, even though the world has us to thank for Ken Ham.

Speaking of which, I would love a televised debate between Ken Ham & Ian Plimer. Good old Ian hates creationism as much as he hates climate change/George Monbiot.

I don't think we even have a creation museum in Australia, even though the world has us to thank for Ken Ham.

Speaking of which, I would love a televised debate between Ken Ham & Ian Plimer. Good old Ian hates creationism as much as he hates climate change/George Monbiot.

But we do:

http://www.creationresearch.net/index.p ... &Itemid=32

Pretty much everyone I know is a creationist. :embarrassed:

Archived