IGNORED

Artifical Hymen

Ariel

I keep thinking about this historical fiction I read once about Katherine of Aragon - they showed her planning on how to best fool Henry VIII into believing she was a virgin. A bladder of blood, cutting her foot, etc.

Out of curiosity, what if a woman is menstruating on the wedding night? Do they wait until she's not menstruating to consummate the marriage so they can tell if the hymen broke and bled? Sorry if that's a bit gross to think of, but it's a bit odd.

I distinctly remember the bleeding...but I was 4 and had an unfortunate meeting with a fence while on my tricycle. If it happens that easily surely it must be 50/50 at best that anyone can "prove" their virginity by bleeding on their wedding night?

I didn´t bled either but I did a lots of sports in my teenager-years.

I read about the artifical hymen in a german magazin yesterday (Neon), one woman ordered and tested it. She said the "bleeding" was more orange than red. :?

My husband is turkish and he told me that in his youth, intercourse meant normally anal to save the hymen. Nowadays a lot of girls from conservative families are going on a short holiday before the wedding. Which is a synonym for going in the hospital and getting your hymen back. Even if everybody knows, the families honor is restored. :roll:

I bled so much the guy thought I'd started my period. I'd have been totally safe from shame/death back in the day, but he was very large and I'm a pretty small woman. That's your dose of TMI from me today. Sidenote: I'd always thought "vaginal rejuvenation" surgery was to restore that. Learned something new today. :embarrassed:

Just had the what is a hymen conversation with my husband 0o. But I also was one that really didn't bleed much when I lost my virginity.

I can't remember if I bled or not. I know that I had great difficulty losing mine. It didn't help that I really didn't like the guy at all, he was just really pushy.

My daily dose of TMI is that while I don't remember if I bled or not, I distinctly remember a rather loud "popping" sound.

I don't recall bleeding but between using tampons, having several gynecological exams and having a accident on my bike as a kid that might have done something, maybe that's why.

I didn't have a bad experience when I lost my virginity. It was only slightly uncomfortable at first, and I only had a couple of drops of blood (the amount you get when you get your finger pricked for blood tests). Then again, I was 22, was in love with my partner, knew about the mechanics of sex, and had done lots of things except for PIV sex.

just think a fundy man can put this in his hand and have a virgin every night :pink-shock: :cracking-up:

Who knows, some people might be into that :?

Interesting article about hymens (at least I thought so), and somewhat relevant to the discussion...

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/my_corona_the_anatomy_formerly_known_as_the_hymen_the_myths_that_surround_it

That is pretty good.

Of course, the fact that the link says "my corona" made my brain instantly go here:

g1T71PGd-J0

M-m-m-my corona!

I didn't have a bad experience when I lost my virginity. It was only slightly uncomfortable at first, and I only had a couple of drops of blood (the amount you get when you get your finger pricked for blood tests). Then again, I was 22, was in love with my partner, knew about the mechanics of sex, and had done lots of things except for PIV sex.

Yeah, I had a very good experience although now I feel it was insanely, inappropriately, young. But it was the norm for my group of friends so didn't seem wrong at the time.

I don't recall any pain at all and had an orgasm, but thought in my head that it would have been a somehow different and better orgasm than the kind I'd had from other kinds of fooling around. I may have pictured actual fireworks, like on " Love American Style " :embarrassed:

oooh, i might get one of those. i never bled when i lost my virginity, so i wanna know what being "pure" feels like.

Me, too. And mine didn't really hurt, either.

For me, being in love with my partner made a big difference. For me sex isn't a sport. It's something special between two people who love each other, whether it be missionary style or a hot quickie. It's still an act shared with someone I love. That's just me though. Other people's sex lives is none of my business. I really don't care what goes on between two (or more) consenting adults.

My good friend from high school is getting married this spring. She was raised in the US since age 4, but her family are fairly strict Muslims, though feminist (her mother is a doctor and out-earns most of the male relatives, and neither of them veils). Her fiancee's family is...shall I say, less like that. :pink-shock:

So I'm half-tempted to send her a link to this, to avoid possible embarrassment from the conservative in-laws.

My dose of TMI: I did bleed, but not much. I've never had PIV sex, and likely never will (unless maybe to conceive). I think it was a combination of being relaxed, trusting each other, and the fact that non-PIV penetrative sex involves...generally objects smaller than a penis. :embarrassed:

Archived