IGNORED

Jacinda is a feminist

Logically, the only One authorized to define femininity is the Creator of females. That means God (not Marie Stopes, Coco Chanel, Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, or culture), gets to describe - no, order -what a true feminist ought to look like. He does so in Proverbs 31:

•She is pure (v. 10).

•She is a trustworthy treasure to her husband (v. 10,11, 12, 23, 28b, 29).

•She is concerned for the well-being of her family (v. 13, 14, 15, 18b, 19, 22, 27).

•She is hard-working and industrious (v. 13-22, 24, 27, 31).

•She is clothed with strength and dignity (v. 17, 25).

•She is skilled in managing finances (v. 14, 16).

•She is courageous in character (v. 25, 29).

•She is kind and compassionate (v. 20, 26).

•She is wise (v. 26).

•She is praised by her children and husband (v. 28, 29).

•She is holy (v. 30).

•She is blessed (v. 31).

Apart from the holy one, I'd like to think that this description could fit me and I certainly think these are worthy goals. When will the fundies understand that feminists don't want to masculinize women. We're just looking for equality. The vast majority of us are perfectly happy to be women. I won't even touch the pseudo-Pauline crap she quotes from Titus...

Biblical femininity says men and women are equal in importance, status, honor, and dignity (Genesis 3:18). Both men and women are equally fallen (Romans 2:23), and equally able to be rescued from their sin and condemnation through the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ (John 3:16).

However equal, their roles are different. God’s purpose for humanity includes complementary relationships between men and women so that a lost and dying world can be confronted with the Gospel through living portraits of God's love for His Bride, the Church.

Equal and different are not synonyms.

Apart from the holy one, I'd like to think that this description could fit me and I certainly think these are worthy goals. When will the fundies understand that feminists don't want to masculinize women. We're just looking for equality. The vast majority of us are perfectly happy to be women. I won't even touch the pseudo-Pauline crap she quotes from Titus...

Well, I fit all those, except for, depending on how you define 'holy'.

It's my day off. Hubbie works a 60 hour week. Wonder how the fundies would feel about my activities today. Took my son car shopping. Fixed a leaking kitchen sink today, picked up the garbage cans after an animal got into 'em, snaked the bathroom drain while I was already messy. Then scrubbed and vacuumed. Doing laundry too.

Just handed the neighbor (who mows our lawn for us) a beer while I was dressed in PJ's. Neighbor is going shirtless. So I guess this makes me a hussy. It's in the 80s outside after all. And he does mow our lawn.

Now I'm off to bake gingerbread cookies, some of which will be used to decorate our Christmas tree. And try and come up with something for dinner.

Just another day in the life of a working mother feminist.

•She is pure (v. 10).

•She is a trustworthy treasure to her husband (v. 10,11, 12, 23, 28b, 29).

•She is concerned for the well-being of her family (v. 13, 14, 15, 18b, 19, 22, 27).

•She is hard-working and industrious (v. 13-22, 24, 27, 31).

•She is clothed with strength and dignity (v. 17, 25).

•She is skilled in managing finances (v. 14, 16).

•She is courageous in character (v. 25, 29).

•She is kind and compassionate (v. 20, 26).

•She is wise (v. 26).

•She is praised by her children and husband (v. 28, 29).

•She is holy (v. 30).

•She is blessed (v. 31).

And she is modest about herself... ?

Archived