IGNORED

Ew - Warren Jeffs Recordings

Um, the recordings of Warren Jeffs giving sex advice to his under-aged "wives" have been released. (Click at your own risk.)

I remember some time ago arguing with fundies about whether or not the raid on the YFZ Ranch was a violation of religious freedom. I argued it wasn't; that making time with under-aged girls (or boys, though that doesn't really apply here), and that trading women like baseball cards aren't legitimate expressions of religious freedom.

The fundies were concerned, perhaps rightly, that horrendous charges could be brought against them as cover for religious persecution. As the newly-released evidence shows, however, that wasn't the situation here.

When Stacy was giving her rant on why it was so wrong of them to remove ALL the children I thought to myself, you don't know the whole story. I was sure there was evidence that the gov't had that they were not releasing. Just give it some time.

I saw Elissa Walls, who escaped the FLDS and testified against Warren Jeffs in his first trial, on Dr. Drew last night and she said that the FLDS is really more akin to sex trafficking than faith. They transport these underaged girls all over, even between Canada and Mexico (where there are also substantial numbers of FLDS), for the purpose of offering them to much older men for "celestial marriage" (i.e., for sex). So sex trafficking under the guise of religion. I have also read that in materials from other credible sources, who have either escaped the FLDS or have studied them for years.

So I think the problem is much wider than this one man, prophet or not.

I saw Elissa Walls, who escaped the FLDS and testified against Warren Jeffs in his first trial, on Dr. Drew last night and she said that the FLDS is really more akin to sex trafficking than faith. They transport these underaged girls all over, even between Canada and Mexico (where there are also substantial numbers of FLDS), for the purpose of offering them to much older men for "celestial marriage" (i.e., for sex). So sex trafficking under the guise of religion. I have also read that in materials from other credible sources, who have either escaped the FLDS or have studied them for years.

So I think the problem is much wider than this one man, prophet or not.

I watched it too, some really great info there. He had on 5 or 6 escaped FLDS ladies. I HIGHLY reccommend everyone to check out reruns or ondemand of last nights Dr Drew and see what they had to say. I loved the sex trafficing analogy and think it fits perfectly; the ladies are calling for some FLDS sects to lose their religion and tax exempt status under the law, I think that's somthing we should all get behind in some way. The attrny. general of Texas was on too, and he said he's still doing all he can to get into the compounds in Texas and proscecute these bastards.

I completely agree. I hate that channel but that show was great. I'm also going to buy the book "those are my private parts" for my god child.

Archived