IGNORED

"Holy Hip-Hop" kerfuffle on NCFIC's FB page

Marian the Librarian

Doug Wilson, the "other Doug" jumped right on this bandwagon and let it be known that he's a big fan of "black Reformed rappers" even though he doesn't listen to them:

http://dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/dear-xyz.html

Quick and easy way to try to redeem yourself when you're the guy who's known for promoting "Southern Slavery as it was." This is the same guy who was making excuses for Doug Phillips by talking about the possibility of strippers! and everything.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotty has now gone into serious damage control in today's post (scottbrownonline.com/please-forgive-me/):

During the panel discussion on rap I should have engaged such a controversial subject as this with greater discernment, explicit scriptural grounding, clarity, definition of terms (like “rapâ€) and precision that comes from a full grasp of the subject. These were lacking in the rap discussion. The very question itself lacked clarity and nuance which opened the door to the misrepresentations common to the broad brush. In framing the question, I failed to distinguish between the use of music in worship compared to simply listening to music. We failed to distinguish between the various expressions of the artists. I failed to correct a panelist who made an unsavory comment.

[emphasis added}

Gee, Scotty - ya think?

Scotty has now gone into serious damage control in today's post (scottbrownonline.com/please-forgive-me/):

[emphasis added}

Gee, Scotty - ya think?

Which unsavory comment was it Scotty? There were so many to choose from? :music-tool:

Does anyone know what Voddie's non-quiverfull family thinks of his "ministry" and the people he associates with? I remember reading somewhere how Jasmine said that other relatives criticized her for not going to college because of all the sacrifices her ancestors made to allow her to have more opportunities on life.

Doug Wilson, the "other Doug" jumped right on this bandwagon and let it be known that he's a big fan of "black Reformed rappers" even though he doesn't listen to them:

http://dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-cul ... r-xyz.html

Quick and easy way to try to redeem yourself when you're the guy who's known for promoting "Southern Slavery as it was." This is the same guy who was making excuses for Doug Phillips by talking about the possibility of strippers! and everything.

That was fucking INCREDIBLY patronising. I mean INCREDIBLY. My eyes were sticking out my head when I read that.

"Dear black people. Thank you for using big words and understanding Scripture! We didn't realise you could do that! Wow!

Being black like you are, you obviously don't have fathers in the picture, because people like you don't. So a double Wow! that you were black and fatherless and still managed to understand Christianity! It wasn't meant for people like you but you got it anyway! I am totes clapping for you right here!

But don't get TOO proud of yourselves - and I am saying this in love - because you're still performing in a debasing worldly way. You can't help it, you're black and need someone like me to guide you! Don't take any money for what you do! Don't think you're men! Liberals will patronise you because you're black...did I mention that you're black at all? You get freebies just for existing but ignore those because it's only people like me who deserve freebies. White bearded Christian theologians.

Here endeth the lesson - you can go now, sorry for the big words I used! You'll hopefully get them in the end!"

http://dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-cul ... r-xyz.html

How can a person be a big fan of a group of musicians one doesn't listen to? That's not how being a fan works.

He puts the UGH in Doug.

How can a person be a big fan of a group of musicians one doesn't listen to? That's not how being a fan works.

He puts the UGH in Doug.

Puttin' the Ugh in Doug! LOLOLOL. Now THAT ought to be one of our avatar/post count categories. :lol:

ThatMom has posted several videos from NCFIC's Dan Horn (one of the men on the panel) that you might not want to watch on a full stomach:

thatmom.com/2013/12/04/what-exactly-are-the-ncfic-views-of-slavery/

Well that was a fucking disgrace. Christ almighty, I seriously have no words for anyone who would try to justify slavery. It was wrong, just flat-out wrong.

I recently read Fanny Kemble's story of her life as a plantation owner's wife and how horrified she was by how the slaves lived and were treated. That is a true journal of horror and it doesn't support the idea that Southern slave-owners loved their slaves and just supported a ban on teaching slaves to read and write because it would upset them too much.

When a critical commenter on Scott’s blog is called out on his anonymous status, he answers:

“As far as my anonymous status, given his close friendship with and approval of Doug Phillips over the past decade, I'm afraid of being sued. These men don't like to be challenged. It is quite the irony that the NCFIC calls someone a ‘coward’, when in fact, these men knew of Doug Phillips's abuse (google it, all the interns are saying it was common knowledge that he was a law unto himself) and did NOTHING to stop it. Friends, who are the real cowards?â€

ncfic.org/blog/posts/please-forgive-me#disqus_thread

ThatMom has posted several videos from NCFIC's Dan Horn (one of the men on the panel) that you might not want to watch on a full stomach:

thatmom.com/2013/12/04/what-exactly-are-the-ncfic-views-of-slavery/

What the fuck did I just watch!!!????

Bumping to report that there's now a big wall o' text apology from Geoff on the Western Conservatory website. Sample sentence:

Your deliberate recovery of sound soteriology is an historic victory.

:roll:

Bumping to report that there's now a big wall o' text apology from Geoff on the Western Conservatory website. Sample sentence:

:roll:

Boy oh boy - Dougie's fall from grace is having quite the ripple effect. Any tiny misstep by any of the patriarchal fundie crowd is going to be followed by immediate, profuse apologies and repentance and gosh that's not what I meant and I love you and JESUS.

He beats Steve Maxwell all to hell in the "Pompous Blowhard" category, that's for sure.

Voddie Baucham has a post on this too, with some good comments

facebook.com/VoddieBaucham/posts/10151940693742550

And of course Geoff Botkin gives the classic non-apology (sorry if you didn't like what I said)

My most sincere apologies go to anyone out there who was hurt by my strong language.

Though in my mind I was not directing any criticism to the zealous, sincere, Christian Rappers who are doing the reforming, I was not clear and precise with my communication.

OK, Geoff, you accused them of being disobedient cowards. In what way is that "not directing criticism?"

You were, actually, very clear and precise. That was kind of the problem, because we got to hear what you really think.

:doh:

Anyone want to tell me what Dan's video said about slavery? I'm guessing he didn't take a strong stance against it.

Anyone want to tell me what Dan's video said about slavery? I'm guessing he didn't take a strong stance against it.

Oh, he went further than that; he said that slavery gave the slaves a "feeling of security" that they never had in Africa and many other disturbing things. Over at Jen's Gems, Eston is saying that someone else has re-posted it. I can't remember if he posted a link or not, but you might want to look.

ETA: Here is the new link Eston posted to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_qXsScQzb0

...aaaaaand Dan Horn's slavery video has been made private. Of course.

Hi, Dan! Feel free to post here if you'd like to defend yourself!

Oh, he went further than that; he said that slavery gave the slaves a "feeling of security" that they never had in Africa and many other disturbing things. Over at Jen's Gems, Eston is saying that someone else has re-posted it. I can't remember if he posted a link or not, but you might want to look.

ETA: Here is the new link Eston posted to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_qXsScQzb0

Nothin' like rape/beatings to give you a feeling of security!

Oh, wait! Fundies DO think those things produce security in wives/children! Makes so much sense.

:shock: I got about half-way through until I had to stop. So let's get this straight from the white man:

~Slavery really helped out the black people because being kidnapped from your home, stuffed into ships like animals, shipped to America and sold from their families into slavery was just so much more peaceful then when they were free and living in their own country.

~Slavery is God's plan to save the pagans.

~If slavery was really bad then there would be no black Christians.

~Black people were not suited to live free because the white Christians hadn't civilized them yet.

Does Scott Brown support this guy and allow him to be a part of his organizations? The hip-hop panel was nothing compared to that load of shit. I don't know how Scott could explain that one away with a fake apology.

I can't wrap my head around how Voddie Bauchman, or any non-white person, can be a part of VF. There is sooooo much ™ , antebellum South worshipping, in-your-face racism coming out of that movement. It's not like they try to hide it. That video is only the most egregious example. When Botkin is talking about 200 year multigenerational faithfulness plans, Doug the Tool is selling Jamestown as some sort of holy mission, they want their women as brood mares and servants............what the fuck else do people think is going on? For God sake, I remember reading some title a while back from one of these homeschool speaker conferences entitled "How to Build the Family Base to Last 1000 Years". Thousand Year Empires. This shit is straight out of the 3rd Reich. Set up the Master Race to take dominion over the Earth.

Gothard is an amateur compared to these people.

Archived