IGNORED

"Holy Hip-Hop" kerfuffle on NCFIC's FB page

Marian the Librarian

My God, that video almost brought my dinner up. :shock: These people are so undeniably racist and evil.

Really - un-fucking-believable. :pink-shock:

I've just started reading Confederates in the Attic, which Peas and Carrots recommended. The author visited a meeting of an organization called Children of the Confederacy, which is meant to indoctrinate kids into this kind of denial.

The children are expected to memorize a catechism (and that's how they refer to it), that includes:

Q. What causes led to the War Between the States, from 1861 to 1865?

A. The disregard of those in power for the rights of the Southern states.

Q. What was the feeling of the slaves toward their masters?

A. They were faithful and devoted and were always ready to serve them.

Their creed also goes out of its way to mention that the war was not about slavery at all, nuh-uh, crossmyheart. :roll:

childrenoftheconfederacy.org/purpose-eligibility-and-creed.html

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Dan Horn, slavery actually did blacks a favor by giving them the chance to become Christians, and thus civilized. [ETA]

Apparently, being kidnapped; torn away from your home, family, and culture; surviving the horrific conditions of being shipped across the Atlantic; and sold to people who could work you to death, starve you, beat you, rape you, do all those things to your children, as well as sell your children away from you forever--that's doing you a favor, so long as you get to hear about Jesus.

For all their talk about "traditional families" in these circles, Dan Horn obviously thinks that it was A-okay for black slave families to be divided up and sold apart, or to separated by death under cruel, brutal conditions. Somehow, that was okay, and they were supposed to emerge from that experience as "civilized" people.

But that so many slaves took their masters' religion, and that the percentage of Christian churchgoers today is highest among blacks? That's proof that slavery was successful and did a lot of good, y'all!

Seriously, it's one of the most appalling things I've watched in a long, long time. Voddie Baucham, what the everloving fuck is wrong with you, that you associate with filth like this? Your ancestors here weren't even allowed to read the Bible, or learn to write their own names, and here's this ofay motherfucker Dan Horn claiming that was a good thing, keeping them ignorant so they wouldn't fight for something better for themselves and their families. "Security," my fat white ass. What the fuck is wrong with you, Voddie?

Imagine if someone posted this on Voddie's ministry Facebook wall and told him that the rap controversy was hardly the worst of his "friends'" problems. I freely admit that I'm too chickenshit to do it myself!

According to Dan Horn, slavery actually did blacks a favor by giving them the chance to become Christians, and thus civilized. [ETA]

Apparently, being kidnapped; torn away from your home, family, and culture; surviving the horrific conditions of being shipped across the Atlantic; and sold to people who could work you to death, starve you, beat you, rape you, do all those things to your children, as well as sell your children away from you forever--that's doing you a favor, so long as you get to hear about Jesus.

For all their talk about "traditional families" in these circles, Dan Horn obviously thinks that it was A-okay for black slave families to be divided up and sold apart, or to separated by death under cruel, brutal conditions. Somehow, that was okay, and they were supposed to emerge from that experience as "civilized" people.

But that so many slaves took their masters' religion, and that the percentage of Christian churchgoers today is highest among blacks? That's proof that slavery was successful and did a lot of good, y'all!

Seriously, it's one of the most appalling things I've watched in a long, long time. Voddie Baucham, what the everloving fuck is wrong with you, that you associate with filth like this? Your ancestors here weren't even allowed to read the Bible, or learn to write their own names, and here's this ofay motherfucker Dan Horn claiming that was a good thing, keeping them ignorant so they wouldn't fight for something better for themselves and their families. "Security," my fat white ass. What the fuck is wrong with you, Voddie?

By this "logic," it would be perfectly reasonable for a bunch of Swedes to kidnap Doug Wilson et. al and force them into bondage in Scandanavia, since Sweden measures higher than the US in almost every positive metric. How else will these "patriarchs" see the light about universal healthcare and gender equity unless they're "civilized" by a more enlightened people?

“A black Christian is like a black person with no memory.†– Chris Rock

This thread inspired me to go look at Voddie's Facebook page, and now I need a shower.

The thread of people (other than one brave soul) gushing over how wonderful Geoff Botkin's apology was . . . :puke-front: :angry-banghead:

By this "logic," it would be perfectly reasonable for a bunch of Swedes to kidnap Doug Wilson et. al and force them into bondage in Scandanavia, since Sweden measures higher than the US in almost every positive metric. How else will these "patriarchs" see the light about universal healthcare and gender equity unless they're "civilized" by a more enlightened people?

But those arguments don't apply because you're forgetting that Scandinavia is full of dirty, ebul heathens. And don't go using your heathen statistics. It's better to die young, miserable and Godly than it is to live a long, productive life and go to hell. It says so in the Bible.

Oh, he went further than that; he said that slavery gave the slaves a "feeling of security" that they never had in Africa and many other disturbing things. Over at Jen's Gems, Eston is saying that someone else has re-posted it. I can't remember if he posted a link or not, but you might want to look.

ETA: Here is the new link Eston posted to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_qXsScQzb0

Fuck you, Dan, just fuck you! You know not of what you speak. If anybody is perverting the gospel, it's you and other crazy ass like minded patriarchal assholes!

Bumping to report a bit more publicity about this:

examiner.com/article/family-integration-group-asks-forgiveness-for-controversial-panel-on-rap-music

Bumping to report a bit more publicity about this:

examiner.com/article/family-integration-group-asks-forgiveness-for-controversial-panel-on-rap-music

At Marian's link I found this link to a post by Tim Challies: "I do not know any of those speakers by face or by name, except for one. Many people referred to him as 'Speaker #4,' but I know him as Joel Beeke and consider him a friend."

challies.com/articles/joel-beeke-christian-rap-and-public-apologies

You don't know Geoffrey Botkin by face or name, Tim? God, you’re such a liar. (We don't really talk about Tim Challies here, but he is a very influential Reformed blogger and believe me, he knows Geoff's name.)

At Marian's link I found this link to a post by Tim Challies: "I do not know any of those speakers by face or by name, except for one. Many people referred to him as 'Speaker #4,' but I know him as Joel Beeke and consider him a friend."

challies.com/articles/joel-beeke-christian-rap-and-public-apologies

You don't know Geoffrey Botkin by face or name, Tim? God, you’re such a liar. (We don't really talk about Tim Challies here, but he is a very influential Reformed blogger and believe me, he knows Geoff's name.)

Of course he does.

Tim's review of Scott Brown's movie, Divided, seems to indicate that he knows exactly who all these guys are: challies.com/music-movies/divided-the-movie

Of course he does.

Tim's review of Scott Brown's movie, Divided, seems to indicate that he knows exactly who all these guys are: challies.com/music-movies/divided-the-movie

After reading that review, I don't even get why Challies is lying. All he would have had to do is point to the review and say, "See, I told you they were nuts a long time ago."

...aaaaaand Dan Horn's slavery video has been made private. Of course.

For future reference, there's a website called KeepVid that will let you save some streaming video to your PC. I know it works with Youtube, supposedly with Vimeo, not sure what other sites. Might come in handy for some of these things that disappear. (Which reminds me - I need to see if the WKRP Thanksgiving episode is still on YT.)

For future reference, there's a website called KeepVid that will let you save some streaming video to your PC. I know it works with Youtube, supposedly with Vimeo, not sure what other sites. Might come in handy for some of these things that disappear. (Which reminds me - I need to see if the WKRP Thanksgiving episode is still on YT.)

Thanks, RandomTrivia.

The Dan Horn slavery video has been posted by commenters on the Facebook pages of both NCFIC and Voddie Baucham Ministries. Unsurprisingly, no reply from either.

Dan is scrubbing away at his website, Discerning History, too. This article, up just days ago, was about how warm and snuggly slave cabins were:

discerninghistory.com/2013/01/slave-life-at-stagville-plantation/

Thanks, RandomTrivia.

The Dan Horn slavery video has been posted by commenters on the Facebook pages of both NCFIC and Voddie Baucham Ministries. Unsurprisingly, no reply from either.

Dan is scrubbing away at his website, Discerning History, too. This article, up just days ago, was about how warm and snuggly slave cabins were:

discerninghistory.com/2013/01/slave-life-at-stagville-plantation/

Scrub-a-dub-dub, patriarchy in a tub!

When will these idiots learn that the internet never forgets.

Ignoring or deleting something will not make it go away.

Now I just wish one of them will respond to it being posted on FB.

When will these idiots learn that the internet never forgets.

Ignoring or deleting something will not make it go away.

Now I just wish one of them will respond to it being posted on FB.

I know, right? Knock, knock, knock -- apparently they need to take a lesson in WayBackMachine-etics.

Scrub-a-dub-dub, patriarchy in a tub!

Now that's a mental image I don't want to encounter ever again.

And as for the racist crap? There are no words.

Voddie responds to the Dan Horn slavery video on Twitter: "The rap statements don't sound so bad anymore." He adds a little "puzzled" face, again indicating that he has no idea where any of this comes from.

Someone named Andy Kenway calls him out: "I haven't seen the vid...but you've endorsed Dilorenzo's 'The Real Lincoln' in the past--how was this different?"

twitter.com/VoddieBaucham/status/408781651549114368

Voddie responds to the Dan Horn slavery video on Twitter: "The rap statements don't sound so bad anymore." He adds a little "puzzled" face, again indicating that he has no idea where any of this comes from.

Someone named Andy Kenway calls him out: "I haven't seen the vid...but you've endorsed Dilorenzo's 'The Real Lincoln' in the past--how was this different?"

So, I don't get it. Has Voddie completely removed himself from both VF and Scott Brown and Co.? (Sorry, I don't have a twitter account so haven't been able to play along at home with the Voddie business).

Thanks for posting this.

Voddie needs to sort out his shit at some point. Now would be nice.

Oh please, Voddie... Don't start clutching your pearls now. Dan Horn is an elder at Scott Brown's church and has been an integral part of VF/Reconstructionism for years. They both spoke at the 2009 Sufficiency of Scripture conference, where Mr. Horn preached on the benefits of slavery in his message "But how could a loving god say..." It's all up on Sermon Audio, has been for years.

Archived