IGNORED

"Holy Hip-Hop" kerfuffle on NCFIC's FB page

Marian the Librarian

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, an apology that starts out with "I need to apologize..." is not a true or genuine apology.

"I need to apologize, but I'm not going to really do it." That was a horrible apology. He meant it exactly as everyone took it.

Shitstorm happening on Voddie's ministry FB page. Voddie says of the NCFIC apology: "Really?! Did you read the 'apology'? Geoff is my friend. I love him, as I do Scott. I wanted these men to get out in front of this and move toward reconciliation. However, this statement does not do that. And that saddens me."

facebook.com/VoddieBaucham/posts/10151943311157550

It's like everything I've dreamed of for so long is coming true!

Shitstorm happening on Voddie's ministry FB page. Voddie says of the NCFIC apology: "Really?! Did you read the 'apology'? Geoff is my friend. I love him, as I do Scott. I wanted these men to get out in front of this and move toward reconciliation. However, this statement does not do that. And that saddens me."

facebook.com/VoddieBaucham/posts/10151943311157550

It's like everything I've dreamed of for so long is coming true!

I know, right? It's a Thanksgiving/Hanukkah/Christmas miracle, all rolled into one!

Thirded. This perfect storm of fundies chucking one another under the bus is beyond anything we could have ISBed here (yes, I made the ISB into a verb). I'm just going to sit back and :popcorn2:

The way all these asshats are turning on each other is reminding me of the children's book "Millions of Cats" by Wanda Ga'g, where all the millions of cats get so pissed at each other that they fight and fight and eat each other up.

As for racist Geoff and his non-apology, he can go jump in the lake. I don't even like rap that much, but when LeCrae raps the passage from Ezekiel in Chris Tomlin's song "Awake My Soul" it gives me chills. Every. single. time.

I just found this thread (been spending way too much time on the Ding Dong thread, which is awesome!). OMG, they are all just pissing their own pants in so many ways. It's all crumbling down. I would love even just ONE of them play the outright racist card and call it what it is. I've got my cocktail and am ready to watch. Bwah ha ha. Who needs cable TV?

Absolutely LOVING this....

Jeffrey White may be yet another patriocentric turkey but ya gotta give him credit for stuff like the following:

Jeffery S. White: Voddie, I don't mind disagreeing either. But, no, it was not character assignation. You guys are just wrong, and you're so popular, you're not used to anyone telling you that you are.

I interpreted his statement to mean that, in every culture, Christians are often cowards in the face of various elements of their cultures that are infected with worldliness.

I would love to know what elements of cultures are NOT infected with worldliness. Does he seriously think piano music is immune? Or violins, or anything not originated by those Certain People from a particular "cultural milieu"?

I would love to know what elements of cultures are NOT infected with worldliness. Does he seriously think piano music is immune? Or violins, or anything not originated by those Certain People from a particular "cultural milieu"?

There's a hellfire-and-brimstone fundie church in a nearby town that permits piano music only--no other musical instruments are considered "godly" enough. I shake my head and walk away.

Absolutely LOVING this....

Jeffrey White may be yet another patriocentric turkey but ya gotta give him credit for stuff like the following:

Yeah, I was just reading that wall 'o text exchange. It's mind-numbing, but after Voddie called out Jeffrey for an ad-hom attack, Jeffrey had every right to defend his position. Hilariously (true).

So the piano that has been round for 100s of years in it's current form (sarcasm) is more godly then the instruments that would have been round in biblical days like flutes, harps, lyres and percussion? HUH???? So much for literal biblical living....

So the piano that has been round for 100s of years in it's current form (sarcasm) is more godly then the instruments that would have been round in biblical days like flutes, harps, lyres and percussion? HUH???? So much for literal biblical living....

Google "regulative principle" to go down the rabbit hole and find out how some of the strictest Reformed groups manage to be more "biblical" than the Bible.

As for racist Geoff and his non-apology, he can go jump in the lake. I don't even like rap that much, but when LeCrae raps the passage from Ezekiel in Chris Tomlin's song "Awake My Soul" it gives me chills. Every. single. time.

Thanks for this. I don't normally like rap either. I looked up the song on YouTube (and I have just been reading Ezekiel, so the passage was/is still fresh in my mind) and that's a good song!

Google "regulative principle" to go down the rabbit hole and find out how some of the strictest Reformed groups manage to be more "biblical" than the Bible.

But they're totally not legalistic like the Pharisees.

/sarcasm

I

My thoughts precisely. How can they begin to justify the piano, or, even worse, country music like one of the panelists stated. Poetry is far older than either, and rhyming was used as a mechanism to memorize long passages of text in the oral tradition. They asswipes love to stick with what the bible says verbatim until it is inconvenient for them, then its all about ~interpretation~

He keeps using that word. I do not think it means what he thinks it means.

That's what makes that exchange so hilarious. They think they're so damn smart. :hand:

I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for Voddie. Okay, I don't have any sympathy for him. He had no complaints about these racists when he was using them (and kowtowing to them) to climb the ministry ladder, but now that his own business is booming, oh, he's so very, very concerned.

Go screw yourself, Voddie. You knew who these guys were right from the start. You played the "house n-word" to perfection, even naming your black son after a Confederate, but now you act as if your eyes have just been opened to Geoff and Scott's "cultural insensitivity." Your eyes were always open.

Could someone kindly supply a timeline or history of Voddie and these guys. I only know that his family was in Return of the Daughters, but based on comments here and these fb posts, they seem to have been out of that circle for some time. Was there a specific incident?

Could someone kindly supply a timeline or history of Voddie and these guys. I only know that his family was in Return of the Daughters, but based on comments here and these fb posts, they seem to have been out of that circle for some time. Was there a specific incident?

No incident has come to light publicly, AFAIK. It's more a matter of inference & the fact that Voddie began disappearing from Doug's Blog, speakers' lists at VF conferences, etc. sometime in the last several years.

although he married sippy cup's sister Amy Ellen a few years ago so he still is connected to Bradrick and the rest of them.....not sure if dougie was there or not.

He keeps using that word. I do not think it means what he thinks it means.

Really -- if any of you guys are reading here, this:

MV5BMjA5OTg2NDAzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjE3ODMyMQ@@._V1_.jpg

is a couple of characters having an assignation.

Oh, and Voddie, if you lie down with racists, you get up with racism.

Archived