IGNORED

New Thanksgiving post from the Maxwells.

Justme

I really have an issue w/ how they r tracking their kids. This is beyond that I originally thought they did. If they r under 18 years of age that is one thing but what they do is nuts.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope that with all their techy smarts one of the reversals would by able to by-pass the spyware (let's call it what it is), but I think they're so brainwashed by this stage, its never going to happen :(.

I really have an issue w/ how they r tracking their kids. This is beyond that I originally thought they did. If they r under 18 years of age that is one thing but what they do is nuts.

If you are raised in that craziness ( I was raised in a different craziness ) you will have no clue that this is abnormal.

I am surprised they have their own phones. At most, I thought they might those phones for kids that only call their parents, grandparents and 911.

I just don't get fundies protection of their adult children. How can you control every single aspect of your adult children's lives, yet the moment they get married, they are supposed to make practical decisions as adults despite never having made a decision on their own? It's illogical.

So do they protect the phones and internet of the married adult children as well? Would the girls need more than one phone anyway? It's not like they all go out separately.

I would hope that with all their techy smarts one of the reversals would by able to by-pass the spyware (let's call it what it is), but I think they're so brainwashed by this stage, its never going to happen :(.

Agree! I'm sure if they figured it out they wouldn't know what to do.

The Maxwells are pretty techy people, probably due to what the men do for a living. I think the men rotate through gadgets quickly for work purposes, so the women end up with an abundance of the latest gadgets. It's probably why we see the women with smartphones, they're probably hand-me-downs from the guys.

I think Steve or Sarah mentioned they all love to put their Bibles on their phones for easy search and instant perusal. I also suspect they listen to a lot of sermons and podcasts (Steve-approved, of course). There may also be hymn music on the phones to listen while they clean and cook. Maybe recipes are also allowed....Technology is so useful that not even the crazy Maxwells can resist it's pull!

Stevie wrote:

Our boys have chosen to have their computers set up so that their screens are facing the door by which people enter the room.
:angry-banghead:

OkToBeTakei.... you used the word craptastic. I am in awe. My heart is knit to yours. Do you think we might be able to enter into a courtship? I think the LORD is working to unite us in sweet, sweet fellowship for the rest of our days. I promise to have a "no touch" courtship and to bring my 6 inch ruler to our engagement party at Arby's. I will wait eagerly for your reply.

Hopefully your future helpmeet and keeper at home,

Diva

Errrrr no? But thanks for err asking :lol:

:animals-dogrun:

They try to make it sound better by calling it "accountability". This seems to be a big fundie buzz word. The Tool Phillips even used it in his resignation letter.

Apparently fundies get tempted by Satan at every turn, so they need accountability partners. The rest of us manage just fine on our own.

Steve and Teri would be quick to tell you the "children" want this accountability. I'm sure they've had the need for accountability drummed into them since birth.

Stevie wrote:

:angry-banghead:

Chosen? Uh-huh. Sure. :lol:

It's like bad cube rules at the office, only at home! You know the sort of place, where the cube walls are low (or heaven forbid, the OPEN PLAN) and you have to sit with your back (and thus your screen!) facing the door of the cube, so the warden, er, boss can walk down the row and make sure you're not slacking...

(SO glad I do not work at a place like that now!)

You know, lately I've been stressing over how I can't still find a job after 2 years from graduating college....

I have nothing to complain about it after reading that corner. At least my parents don't monitor every second of my moves.

My life is pretty great. Thank goodness I'm not part of that cult.

Yeah Steve, you can call it your family but it's a cult. The fact that you must monitor ALL your children, including Chris and Nathan shows how fucked up in the head you are. It's pretty sad. Even God weeps.

Our children did not have e-mail until they were older either. We finally gave Mary, our youngest, e-mail when she was fourteen, earlier than the other children had it, simply because so much of our family “organizational†communication had become via e-mail. E-mail is an easy way for us to make sure every family member knows what time we were leaving for an event, what prayer requests have come our way, or when Mom is headed for a Wal-Mart trip. Mary was the only one who wouldn’t know what was going on because she didn’t have e-mail.

If I am going to Wal Mart I just tell the Headship and children I am going and asked if they need anything.

I would just do without a phone or computer will all that "accountability."

Mary wouldn't know what was going on because she didn't have email? Say what? They all live in the same house no more than 20 feet from each other at any time. Terified can't yell out "Hey Mary, I'm going to the store, you want anything?" She can't get caught up during one of the 10 daily Family Bible Times? :roll:

Mary wouldn't know what was going on because she didn't have email? Say what? They all live in the same house no more than 20 feet from each other at any time. Terified can't yell out "Hey Mary, I'm going to the store, you want anything?" She can't get caught up during one of the 10 daily Family Bible Times? :roll:

Maybe they text each other except at 'bible time.'

'I'm in the loo.'

'Poo with the Lord my child.'

'Cup of tea?'

'RU sure Jesus laid it on ur heart to make tea?'

'Mary we are going to Walmart. k9 blocked your e-mail as they sell bras there :('

'Dad, Mom says you are making FJ an idol.'

Seriously though, do the older sons bring their phones to Mom every week?

I am surprised they have their own phones. At most, I thought they might those phones for kids that only call their parents, grandparents and 911.

I just don't get fundies protection of their adult children. How can you control every single aspect of your adult children's lives, yet the moment they get married, they are supposed to make practical decisions as adults despite never having made a decision on their own? It's illogical.

So do they protect the phones and internet of the married adult children as well? Would the girls need more than one phone anyway? It's not like they all go out separately.

Do they really, though? So far, all of the married Maxwell sons (plus Joseph who was almost married) have "chosen" to live very near the patriarch. Yes, they've formed their own family units, but none has really taken "leave and cleave" to heart. I'd lay odds that before either Nathan or Christopher makes a major decision, they choose to seek the wise counsel of the Elder. They also continue to work for the family business (although Steve seems to keep this info--and anything pertaining to exactly what kind of "work" the various Maxwells do--very close to the vest). So Steve still appears to have a lock on their lives.

The level of control he's managed to enforce is absolutely mind-boggling. North Korea ain't got nuthin' on Steve.

I wonder if the reason they use e-mail and phones to communicate is that they actually don't really talk to each other that much. We've joked on here about the types of stilted conversations they must have, but I'm beginning to suspect that they really don't speak to each other too much out of fear that they'll say something wrong and be told on.

I wonder how their clients feel about having their work exposed to everyone in the house. :think: If I hired a "programmer", I would expect my business to be kept confidential. I wouldn't appreciate confidential information being shared by others, even if they are family.

Our children did not have e-mail until they were older either. We finally gave Mary, our youngest, e-mail when she was fourteen, earlier than the other children had it, simply because so much of our family “organizational†communication had become via e-mail. E-mail is an easy way for us to make sure every family member knows what time we were leaving for an event, what prayer requests have come our way, or when Mom is headed for a Wal-Mart trip. Mary was the only one who wouldn’t know what was going on because she didn’t have e-mail.

If I am going to Wal Mart I just tell the Headship and children I am going and asked if they need anything.

I would just do without a phone or computer will all that "accountability."

What a steaming pile of fetid crap. There is no possible way for Mary not to know what is going on. As their lives a planned in minute detail there is very little chance that - shopping,other than groceries isn't scheduled for every second Thursday between 3.15 and 4.45. Also as packing to go away takes the best part of a week how could she not know what time they are leaving?

E-mail and mobile phones are how regular folks communicate, you might like to think you are regular folk. You are wrong!

Oh, and this just in, we talk to each other too. All the damn time. Yackity yack yack. Sometimes important stuff sometimes silly fun garbage, we can do that because we have actual things to talk about as we do not spend every second of every day of every year in each other's company!

I wouldn't be surprised that Steve has limited the time that the Maxwells are allowed to converse among themselves.

For example, talking is only allowed while on kitchen duties and during dinner time.

Do they really, though? So far, all of the married Maxwell sons (plus Joseph who was almost married) have "chosen" to live very near the patriarch. Yes, they've formed their own family units, but none has really taken "leave and cleave" to heart. I'd lay odds that before either Nathan or Christopher makes a major decision, they choose to seek the wise counsel of the Elder. They also continue to work for the family business (although Steve seems to keep this info--and anything pertaining to exactly what kind of "work" the various Maxwells do--very close to the vest). So Steve still appears to have a lock on their lives.

The level of control he's managed to enforce is absolutely mind-boggling. North Korea ain't got nuthin' on Steve.

Yep, agree to all that. I think one of the many reasons the Maxwell girls have little shot at marriage because that would mean that she would move away from 123 Maxwell Lane. So unless there is a suitor willing to buy a house within a 1.5 mi radius of Steve-O, SAHDs they shall remain.

Smartphones these days are basically little portable computers. They probably get great use out of some Bible apps and exercise tracker type things, even if they're not constantly on the phone.

Makes me wonder if they only give Mom the password for the app store though!

Archived