IGNORED

New Thanksgiving post from the Maxwells.

Justme

I love rural Indiana. I live in the North and am hoping to soon have a property for a bit of a homestead, which is possible due to the lower cost of living and acerage (except for corn/soy bean land.. That stuff is crazy expensive). I could do without bitter cold mornings though.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Hi Stevie!!1!! :dance: :dance:

As if by magic it's been fixed:

I cannot thank the Lord enough for blessing me with such amazing parents

Mary's is cracking me up.

"My family! They are totally such a love support."

A "love support" sounds like some kind of gadget designed to help people with orthopedic problems during teh sexytimes.

So Steve is thankful for mothers that carry their babies to full term? What about mothers that miscarry, like his DIL Melanie?

Everything's

So

Mechanical

with those folks. They trigger the blues in me like no other free, secure people ever, anywhere. Srsly. I feel sadder reading their posts than I do seeing ads for CARE and the Human Society. At least the children and animals in unbearable conditions have hope of better from donations. The Maxwells' future appears to be as stltifying as their past.

I'm thinking about John's comment about getting older and realizing how rare it is having a close knit family.

I don't think it is rare at all. But, the Maxwell's view of close knit (everyone living home until marriage, adult siblings sharing a bedroom, everyone working from home, no outside friendships, etc.), might just be a bit rarer. In Maxworld any family that doesn't live like this is, no doubt, not close knit.

I didn't like how Sarah wrote "Nathan (and family), and Christopher (and family)". Really Sarah? You can't even name your sils? Is that not allowed in patriarchy?

When the Count was doing his fellowship, one of the other Fellows invite us to Thanksgiving dinner and we had to go around the table and say what you were thankful for-at that time I had 3 boys under the age of 4 (single and twins) working full time as an ER nurse- I said that I was thankful for a 6 hours of sleep which I had the night before. Everyone looked at me like I had lost my mind.

I am thankful that I am not a Maxwell or any part of their family

Sarah: "Family (they are the best editing team)"

:?

Joseph's first bullet says his savior "saved me and bought me" from hell. Shouldn't that be "brought me"? And did anyone notice how Joseph says he's thankful to live in "a free nation, where we are able, at this point, to worship..." Is he saying that he's expecting his religious freedoms will be curtailed at some point in the future?

The beards need to go. Ick.

No, he probably meant 'bought' as in Jesus paid the price for his sins.

Yes--many Christians use the term "bought" in this sense.

HOT John wrote:

I am blessed with a fantastic church, a great pastor, and a wonderful group of believers to worship with.

The references to the Elderly Church™ are interesting. To a new blog reader it would be apparent that Stevie is Pastor or a 'normal' church.

Is this the first time that Stevie has been referred to as the Pastor?

Get real John, whilst I'm sure that some of the elderly at the Elderly Church™ are Christians, most of the elderly are there under sufferance, might enjoy seeing the grand-children, have nothing better to do, are sadly suffering health problems - so don't understand whats going on, or attend to Snark. I wonder if the general public can attend?

HOT John wrote:

The references to the Elderly Church™ are interesting. To a new blog reader it would be apparent that Stevie is Pastor or a 'normal' church.

Is this the first time that Stevie has been referred to as the Pastor?

Get real John, whilst I'm sure that some of the elderly at the Elderly Church™ are Christians, most of the elderly are there under sufferance, might enjoy seeing the grand-children, have nothing better to do, are sadly suffering health problems - so don't understand whats going on, or attend to Snark. I wonder if the general public can attend?

How weird they think of that as a traditional, pastor-led church!

Does anyone remember when this started and they withdrew from a traditional church? How old were the "reversals" (and yes, it is bizarre that Mary thinks of herself in context of the FAMOUS REVERSAL).

The Maxwells make me very, very thankful for my own family, and mine's a dysfunctional mess sometimes.

But I'll take my dad's uninvited comments on my diet and my mom's minor co-dependency and immaturity over being a Maxwell any day.

How?

Do you mean 'off' as in socially weird? Because I don't know how you could be any more weird than simply growing up Maxwell.

Or do you mean 'off' as in not drinking the kool-aid? Or at least realising that it's kool-aid he's drinking and not plain water.

Maybe he is sick to death as being referred to as a reversal by members of his own family.

Like a reversal vasectomy surgery? Is that what they mean by thankful for the reversal? Ummmm... no words. "Thanks Dad for reversing your vasectomy!!" would have got me kicked out of the thanksgiving table.

If the younger Maxwell kids (the Reversals) understand what a reversal is, then they must understand what a vasectomy is, and wouldn't that mean they atleast have a basic understanding of the mechanics of conception?

I find it hard to picture Steve and Teri sitting down with their kids anytime before their wedding day and explaining the birds and the bees to them.

Given that Christopher was 30-something when he got married, I hope they told him about it before then. In any event, he seems to have figured it out.

Given that Christopher was 30-something when he got married, I hope they told him about it before then. In any event, he seems to have figured it out.

NR-Anna did tend a flock of goats before marriage.

It probably took them a long time to get to know one another that way. I would not be surprised if they didn't "consummate" their marriage for several months after the wedding. Probably a lot of guilt-related hangups on Christopher's end and she didn't know anything about her role, either. They seem to look very genuinely happy now, not strained like they did at the beginning. Maybe they've had some tips from Nathan and Melanie.

Oh, I agree. And if they took their time, then good for them.

Can you imagine how difficult it would be to get over a lifetime's worth of Maxwellian conditioning?

I really doubt the "children" understand exactly what their Dad had reversed. They were probably told something like before they found the "truth", they sucombed to the "world" to prevent children. After they found the "truth", they had it reversed. They probably morn every day during their "family time" for the "loss" children due to their "wickedness".

It's just another way to frighten the kids to keep them in line.

Archived