IGNORED

New Thanksgiving post from the Maxwells.

Justme

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of talk of hell.

Melanie was the only one thankful for friends. That kind of thrilled me. I imagine she gets together with other moms but we just never hear about it.

Geez! They can't even have Thanksgiving without DEATH and DAMNATION. At least Christopher mentioned his wife this year. IIRC, he didn't even mention her last year.

Christ on a cracker, Menanie's is the only one whose sounds normal, even her given one on the lord jesus was straight and to the point. Hope they are having Thanksgiving with her family. The ones from the Maxwell children at home were just dreadful. I'm thankful I never had to live in Maxhell.

I liked that Melanie's list mentioned friends - it gives me hope for her! I also liked that Abby's and Bethany's didn't mention God, just normal kid things to like - it gives me hope for them! :)

Stevehovah: Mothers who choose to carry their babies to full term. :angry-banghead: Is it really necessary to bring the pro-life/pro-choice debate into Thanksgiving?????

Some of their thanks are really normal..until the Jesus stuff.

The Pastor Saeed thing though. There are a lot of human rights violations every single day in the world. Extreme poverty. Really many things. Pick though an Evangelical Christian above all that. Way to show how narrow minded they are.

I would love a Muslim to chap their door to Evangelise them, I wonder how thankful they would be for religious freedom then. OH wait.......some religions eschew proselytizing as practised by the Maxwells. :think:

Teri says she's thankful for...

â—¾Health to be able to participate in life

That phrase "participate in life" sounds depressing coming from her, I wish she could actually enjoy life and drink Pepsi.

I appreciate that no one tagged a "thankful for Jesus" onto the little girl's lists.

Also, is it just me, or does Jesse's list seem...weird? A little juvenial?

We did not send each other’s lists to compare them. They all came to Sarah, who wrote hers before she looked at any ;-) . Enjoy!

Did anyone else think this disclaimer was a little strange?

Did anyone else think this disclaimer was a little strange?

It would be strange coming from any other family, but for the Maxwell's it is a real novelty for them to have independent thoughts. Usually, Stevehovah just tells them what to write.

Joseph:

A free nation, where we are able, at this point, to worship and serve our Creator...
at this point? Do the Maxwells feel like that might change any day now? such melodrama. Their lives are so boring, they have to make up drama (persecution!!) that doesn't exist. And Mary is thankful for her father's vasectomy reversal. Nice.

It would be strange coming from any other family, but for the Maxwell's it is a real novelty for them to have independent thoughts. Usually, Stevehovah just tells them what to write.

Hey, having independent thoughts once a year is better than having none at all!

Makes me so glad Liz escaped.

Hey, having independent thoughts once a year is better than having none at all!

Makes me so glad Liz escaped.

Yeah, but the family lives only to please Steve. The result - all their thanks read just as if Steve were dictating to them. Nathan, Melanie and their children were a very refreshing exception.

NR-Anna is thankful for friends too. I am not sure Steve vetted these wives too well.

I'm thankful that those two little girls just mentioned things like beds and blankies and Snicker doodles on their lists. If either little girl had mentioned something like "sin debt" or "eternal salvation" - I'd have been pissed off that Stevhova had managed to mutate yet another generation already.

Is this how they announced Anna Marie is pregnant again? Buried in the Thanksgiving post? Or did I miss the announcement somewhere else?

Is this how they announced Anna Marie is pregnant again? Buried in the Thanksgiving post? Or did I miss the announcement somewhere else?

There was an announcement back on July 1

YES, BABY NEWS.

Posted on July 1, 2013 by Sarah

“Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.†Psalms 127:3-5

We read this in our morning Bible time and it seemed a fitting verse to share with you all today as we announce the anticipated mid-February arrival of our second child! We are so grateful to the Lord for Joshua, and we look forward with joyful expectancy to meeting his little brother or sister! Anna Marie has been feeling well, though definitely feeling pregnant with a little morning sickness settling in.

Joshua has been such a delight with his ready smile and laughter, constantly discovering new and exciting things such as peeking around the corner (as you saw in the last blog post), repeating sounds after us, and in the last couple of days he has begun to take his first unassisted toddling steps across the room! As excited as we are to see him developing physically, our hearts rejoice to see his sweet spirit and we pray that he will grow in his love for the Lord Jesus and obeying the Truth of His Word, and that he will be “strong and courageous†for the Lord like Joshua of old. We covet your prayers as we continue down the still new-to-us path of parenthood!

Christopher and Anna Marie

Archived