IGNORED

Happy Thanksgiving from the Arndts!

JenniferJuniper

After photos of the pre-feast activities and their excessive fawning over Daddy's anti-liberal, anti-choice links (the boys have been ignoring him lately, so maybe they had to step up the admiration after getting a stern Moral Orel-type lecture in Joseph Greene's/Daddy's study), the menfolk were kind enough to post this picture of Mary and Paul tonight.

20131127_203227.jpg

Wizzie's turning 17 in a few weeks.

The orderliness of the refrigerator magnets disturbs me for some reason. But maybe it's just because my refrigerator looks like a tornado magnet just rolled in and sent everything hither and thither. Upside-down Speed Racer always seems to be about to crash into a sideways Claude Monet painting.

Cute girl, but it does look like she is about 10, not 17. Do they have one stove/oven for a family of 16??!

I do believe there is just the one.

Say what you will about the Arndts, but Mommy has amazing organization skills. I'll bet she'll get more done before breakfast tomorrow in her normal-sized kitchen with one oven than the entire Duggar family will the rest of the year with all of their fancy appliances. And she looks fantastic for a women in her mid-50's who has birthed so many babies. I tip my cap when tipping is due.

Odd lot, though. Mighty odd.

The magnet thing isn't odd to me, I'm so bothered by magnetic chaos on fridges that I don't have any magnets on my fridge. Ahh clutter free. Go on back to discussing the wacky Arndts...

The magnet thing isn't odd to me, I'm so bothered by magnetic chaos on fridges that I don't have any magnets on my fridge. Ahh clutter free. Go on back to discussing the wacky Arndts...

That would be me as well...no magnets, calendars or pictures on my fridge... makes me itchy to think of it.

After photos of the pre-feast activities and their excessive fawning over Daddy's anti-liberal, anti-choice links (the boys have been ignoring him lately, so maybe they had to step up the admiration after getting a stern Moral Orel-type lecture in Joseph Greene's/Daddy's study), the menfolk were kind enough to post this picture of Mary and Paul tonight.

20131127_203227.jpg

Wizzie's turning 17 in a few weeks.

The orderliness of the refrigerator magnets disturbs me for some reason. But maybe it's just because my refrigerator looks like a tornado magnet just rolled in and sent everything hither and thither. Upside-down Speed Racer always seems to be about to crash into a sideways Claude Monet painting.

Your refrigerator should meet mine...dozens of magnets in every direction covering addresses, dental appointment reminders (expired, but his phone number is on it), car wash coupons (probably expired), a cartoon, etc. The immaculateness of the Arndt refrigerator magnet collection disturbs me too, partly because I'm not sure why it's even there. I don't see the magnets holding anything up.

I like the Arndts though. I suspect they're all very personable, except maybe the dad with his pontificating. And I'm not worried about them producing a gazillion grandkids. I'd actually like to see if/when they have one. Homo sapien, no quacking.

I do believe there is just the one.

Say what you will about the Arndts, but Mommy has amazing organization skills. I'll bet she'll get more done before breakfast tomorrow in her normal-sized kitchen with one oven than the entire Duggar family will the rest of the year with all of their fancy appliances. And she looks fantastic for a women in her mid-50's who has birthed so many babies. I tip my cap when tipping is due.

Odd lot, though. Mighty odd.

I agree.

I'm fairly sure that the Arndt's have a completely different way of eating to the Duggars. All those cans* take up so much room!

*Canned food does have its place. But that place isn't every single day.

I look very young for my age (I'm 26 and look about 16-18) because I don't wear makeup and I'm usually in jeans and a tshirt (or track pants and a sweatshirt) because I'm lazy as hell and don't like putting effort into my appearance. That said, Mary Elizabeth looks extremely young and I'm a little surprised she's nearly 17!

Cute girl, but it does look like she is about 10, not 17.

This.

Comsidering her brothers are all quite strapping lads and even her mum is glowing with health and vitality after giving brth to 14 kids :pink-shock: , she really is tiny and almost underdeveloped looking in comparison...I hope she is well and there are no wierd food deprivation things going on e.g. Don't eat that Wizzy, a young lady should be petite... blah-de-blah

Edit: I CAN spell, really I can

I have been mistaken for a 14 year old before (and I am in my early 20s), but Wizzy looks like a little girl still.

I wonder what the hell the parents are doing to those kids? Is she slipping them stuff to delay their natural development so she can have her babies around forever or something?

I'm sorry, but I just can't get into this family. They creep me out because something is seriously wrong in that household. I wouldn't think much of it if they had an adult child still living with them without an prospects of starting his/her own life. Sometimes, you just get that "failure to launch" kid. But, every single one of them? That's beyond odd and implies there is something unhealthy going on. They've got adult children in their 30s and not one of them is married or even out living on their own. I love my parents dearly, but I couldn't wait to leave for college, get a job, get my own place, etc. I was chomping at the bit to start my life. The Arndts act like perpetual childhood is the ideal. What's going to happen to them all once mommy and daddy are gone? The point of being a parent is to raise children to be productive, independent adults who contribute to society in a positive way. I hate to break it to the Arndts, but they're doing it wrong.

This.

Comsidering her brothers are all quite strapping lads and even her mum is glowing with health and vitality after giving brth to 14 kids :pink-shock: , she really is tiny and almost underdeveloped looking in comparison...I hope she is well and there are no wierd food deprivation things going on e.g. Don't eat that Wizzy, a young lady should be petite... blah-de-blahEdit: I CAN spell, really I can

I fear it's possible. Luke and Mark were once both overweight and at one point when he was dieting, Luke became very preoccupied with food. I saw one notebook entry where he expressed great pride in the fact that Mary avoided all the real food during a visit to the Golden Corral buffet and stuck only to a salad. This was several years ago, so Wizzie was probably 12 or maybe even younger at the time. The thought of a much older brother actually being proud of his child sister for such a thing is just creepy.

My oldest has been a salad eater since she could chew and is now an 18 year old vegan, so I know some kids do prefer salads over chicken fingers. But given all of the controlling and mind games Daddy and Mommy use with their kids, God only knows what goes on behind closed doors.

How horrible to be the only girl in that household. She may be able to wear shorts and watch some TV, but I think I feel sadder for Wizzie than any of the other fundie girls we know.

I get the feeling ALL the Arndt siblings will always be within the family homestead (I'm thinking they think that's the only definition of real family) long after their parents pass on,and they'll all still be running the place.I do hope Wizzie isn't going to have to do all the cooking/cleaning or rather,traditional woman's work.

Archived