IGNORED

Emily and Dna have 6th baby boy.

Kat-rat

Oh, Dna's just having fun writing his own version of sci-fi. He's a major Trekkie and it's a hobby. He doesn't actually believe it. At least, I think he doesn't believe it!

Edith Keeler must die, Jim.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She also had a limit of paying no more than $1.00/pound for produce. Never mind that you could balance out the $1.49/lb produce with the less expensive 40 cents/pound carrots & bananas, and still average out to $1.00/pound for everything.

She also had a limit of paying no more than $1.00/pound for produce. Never mind that you could balance out the $1.49/lb produce with the less expensive 40 cents/pound carrots & bananas, and still average out to $1.00/pound for everything.

even GARLIC was off limits because it was over $1/pound. Never mind that a pound of garlic would go a long way, it was TOO EXPENSIVE!

If only Emily would go back to blogging...didn't they end up buying a cheap house? I'm very glad for that, imagining six kids and two adults living in the mobile converted trailer (or yurt! In Maine!) that she had dreamt of makes me feel ill. I wonder what their monthly budget is now? $1000 a month for two adults, a toddler, and babies is vaguely doable, but how in the world do you feed growing children on that budget? And what about when the boys become teenagers? Oh, how teenagers can eat! Even my sister and I, delicate womenfolk that we are, could clear a buffet with ease.

OMG! There back! No Italian salad dressing! No hot pockets! Cook only in the crock pot! TB/tenament level heat. The kid who slept under the crib! And playtime was TUMBLING THE WONDER WASH!!!

Scary what all I remember!

My son is 12, and he and his friends can seriously take down food like nobody's business. This weekend alone they went through two huge boxes of cereal, two loaves of bread, a half a pot of chili, rice, and a gallon of milk. In 2.5 days. That's not counting lunch because we were on the slopes and bought lunch.

Didn't finish my thought.

If two boys can do that, and I don't limit food, what will her boys eat? It honestly worries me. I didn't even list all the apples and bananas and Greek yogurt they ate. Like growing, healthy boys should. Only thing we ration or want him to ask for is junk food.

Emily's family will eat whatever amount of skirt cheese, gluedles, and tube meat she chooses to give them. And whatever they can beg from other kids at school, or from kindly neighbors.

She is such a control freak I doubt she lets even Dna serve himself.

My son is 12, and he and his friends can seriously take down food like nobody's business. This weekend alone they went through two huge boxes of cereal, two loaves of bread, a half a pot of chili, rice, and a gallon of milk. In 2.5 days. That's not counting lunch because we were on the slopes and bought lunch.

That reminds me of one of my friends who would eat a whole chicken to himself when he was a teenager. His poor mother probably would have had an easier time feeding a pet lion. :lol: He was one of those kids who hits 6ft tall at 14.

This makes me thankful I have two girls...of course I'm expecting our 3rd (and last) and don't know what he/she is yet.

Remember when she discovered that she could buy it at Dollar Tree! $1 meat...it's what's for dinner! :oops:

It wasn't tube meat! It was not grown in a test tube!

Man, I miss the Emily days.

It would make our entire clinic staff day if she started blogging again, it was our lunch time activity. Please Emily come back we want to know how the house thing is working out for you?

I missed Emily in real time, but she is so compelling that I read the entire blog anyway. Are there still pictures? I remember seeing pictures at some point, but can't find them now. Come back, Emily, you'd make so much money in page views.

I missed Emily in real time, but she is so compelling that I read the entire blog anyway. Are there still pictures? I remember seeing pictures at some point, but can't find them now. Come back, Emily, you'd make so much money in page views.

:agree: :handgestures-thumbup:

I think the oven fitting two kids part was actually from the parody blog, not Emily's blog.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, I know. She did have a well-thought out plan for squeezing 13 or so kids into that tiny apartment though. So glad that she at least has a house now.

What I saw was really more of a lean-to than a house. Does that area have harsh winters, on that note?

Yes, to the harsh winters.

IIRC, someone posted a picture somewhere of the house -- it was a smallish but quite cute cottage on quite a lot of land and there was a shed attached. It was in dire need of renovation and had a load bearing tarp over the roof. I hope they renovated and put on a new roof before moving in.

Edith Keeler must die, Jim.

thoughtful, knock it off. My bladder control isn't what it once was.

Yes, to the harsh winters.

IIRC, someone posted a picture somewhere of the house -- it was a smallish but quite cute cottage on quite a lot of land and there was a shed attached. It was in dire need of renovation and had a load bearing tarp over the roof. I hope they renovated and put on a new roof before moving in.

I posted a pic of the house and referred to the lean-to as a shed. Someone corrected me, pointing out it would probably not be used as a shed, but rather the room where kids would be stacked like cords of wood.

Here's a link: http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6952&p=543735&hilit=emily+shed#p531747

thoughtful, knock it off. My bladder control isn't what it once was.

Those of us over a certain age must add "put something between you and the good furniture" to "never eat or drink" while reading FJ!

I'm just thrilled someone got the reference.

I posted a pic of the house and referred to the lean-to as a shed. Someone corrected me, pointing out it would probably not be used as a shed, but rather the room where kids would be stacked like cords of wood.

Here's a link: http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6952&p=543735&hilit=emily+shed#p531747

Someone mentioned it may be a chicken coupe. I can totally see Emily raising chickens for eggs and meat. :)

If only Emily would go back to blogging...didn't they end up buying a cheap house? I'm very glad for that, imagining six kids and two adults living in the mobile converted trailer (or yurt! In Maine!) that she had dreamt of makes me feel ill. I wonder what their monthly budget is now? $1000 a month for two adults, a toddler, and babies is vaguely doable, but how in the world do you feed growing children on that budget? And what about when the boys become teenagers? Oh, how teenagers can eat! Even my sister and I, delicate womenfolk that we are, could clear a buffet with ease.

Oh ye of little faith! She will live on $1000 a month forever, remember? A person with six teenaged boys can easily stretch the grocery budget by growing lettuce in coffee tins on the windowsill.

I wonder how Em will react the day her teenage sons take down Brad the dog and start batting him around, like a beach ball at a concert. I bet Dna would join in the fun, but Em would probably go berserk!

Someone mentioned it may be a chicken coupe. I can totally see Emily raising chickens for eggs and meat. :)

Can you strain chicken blood through a skirt?

Yep. My lunch is over as of this thread. In fact, it might make an encore appearance after the things I've read.

Wait, I'm stuck on the "won't heat the house, even if heat is included in rent" part. What possible reasoning could someone have for that???? Free heat is like one of the only upsides of renting... (in my state at least, heat is included in every rental price I believe).

I don't know if it was some kind of passive-aggressive hatred for her family, or a way to facilitate her agoraphobia. She would not leave the apartment in the winter. She lived all day under blankets because it was so cold in the apartment. When she had to open the door, she would race back under the blankets. All because she refused to turn the heat on.

And the child falling into the coma and having to be hospitalized...and THEN she complained about the free food cooked by volunteers at the Ronald McDonald house.

Archived