IGNORED

Emily and Dna have 6th baby boy.

Kat-rat

And the jerry-rigged lamp that looked like it was going to fall into the tub. :pink-shock:

The death trap lamp was my favorite.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The death trap lamp was my favorite.

How can we forget her crockpot cooking lessons, tube meat, and fermented/rotting everything? Wasn't the boys' death-trap bedroom really a large closet?

I'm not sure if I felt worse for those innocent children or mentally challenged, starving Dna.

Ugh, I forgot about the barrel-thing she did all her laundry in. Didn't she wash diapers in that thing as well? WITHOUT sanitizing it?

In cold water. :pink-shock:

Don't forget her detailed plan to house 10 kids in the 400 sq ft. apt

"Our oven can fit two kids, and the top of the refrigerator can sleep another."

Ugh, I forgot about the barrel-thing she did all her laundry in. Didn't she wash diapers in that thing as well? WITHOUT sanitizing it?

She used soap nuts. Then she hung the dripping diapers indoors in front of the windows. In winter. Because soap nuts and sunlight sanitize everything.

She used soap nuts. Then she hung the dripping diapers indoors in front of the windows. In winter. Because soap nuts and sunlight sanitize everything.

And the cheese skirt was "washed" in the same in the same laundry contraption, with cold water and soap nuts, both before and after being used for cheese making.

Wait, I'm stuck on the "won't heat the house, even if heat is included in rent" part. What possible reasoning could someone have for that???? Free heat is like one of the only upsides of renting... (in my state at least, heat is included in every rental price I believe).

Wait, I'm stuck on the "won't heat the house, even if heat is included in rent" part. What possible reasoning could someone have for that???? Free heat is like one of the only upsides of renting... (in my state at least, heat is included in every rental price I believe).

If I recall correctly, using the heat is wasteful. In order not to be wasteful, Em refused to use the heat, even thugh it was included in the rent. She also refused to use her oven, for the same reason, and cooked everything in a crockpot.

How can we forget her crockpot cooking lessons, tube meat, and fermented/rotting everything? Wasn't the boys' death-trap bedroom really a large closet?

I'm not sure if I felt worse for those innocent children or mentally challenged, starving Dna.

Remember when she discovered that she could buy it at Dollar Tree! $1 meat...it's what's for dinner! :oops:

Remember when she discovered that she could buy it at Dollar Tree! $1 meat...it's what's for dinner! :oops:

She also forbade Dna to buy his favourite soda and made her own with combucha and stevia, because that was something like $0.02 cheaper per serving.

I cannot believe 6 little boys have to suffer this. I remember the awful, scratchy outfit little #5 was given when he was brand new.

I bet she keeps going until she has a girl. For that reason I hope #7 is a girl, so she will stop. (Even better if #7 wasn't to be, but that is wishful thinking)

Speculation was that the bathroom light, the oven, and the heat had all broken at some point but Em knew if she called the landlord to fix them he would see how many kids they had living in those conditions in that tiny apartment and kick them out.

I cannot believe 6 little boys have to suffer this. I remember the awful, scratchy outfit little #5 was given when he was brand new.

I bet she keeps going until she has a girl. For that reason I hope #7 is a girl, so she will stop. (Even better if #7 wasn't to be, but that is wishful thinking)

I'm reading through her blog since I hadn't seen it before, and even before baby #3 was born she was saying they wanted a large family and were assuming they'd reach at least ten children. So unless something has changed their perspective, seems like they will continue regardless of whether they get a girl or not.

I started reading her blog and got to a post fussing about paying $0.44 for a book Dna wanted. Jeez its $0.44! Poor Dna and the kids.

Any idea what's up with Dna's "Alternitive [sic] history" that he keeps posting on his facebook? For instance, this gem:

Alternitive history 2004. Sence 911 president gore waged a global war on twror. He has hit terrorist camps all over the world including one in France without the permission of president cheraq. He has killed or captured ker leaders. Me cons critisize the fact that he had allowed the Taliban to temane inpowet. He has refused to supory rebel groups in athganistan and wol not even meat with northern alience leader fahim. Me cons also insist that the true vilen of 911 is sado, husain. Thus election 2004 the stage has been set.

Any idea what's up with Dna's "Alternitive [sic] history" that he keeps posting on his facebook? For instance, this gem:

Da Faq did I just read?

I think Me cons means neo-cons.

So when did they have Boy #4 and Boy#5? What are all of their kids' names?

"Our oven can fit two kids, and the top of the refrigerator can sleep another."

I think the oven fitting two kids part was actually from the parody blog, not Emily's blog.

Da Faq did I just read?

Oh, Dna's just having fun writing his own version of sci-fi. He's a major Trekkie and it's a hobby. He doesn't actually believe it. At least, I think he doesn't believe it!

I'm astonished at how easily I can decipher Dna-spelig after all these years. He admits to a learning disability, although he once said he never got any help for it in school, and his lack of riting skilz don't mean that he is mentally challenged. I feel bad for him because it must limit his work opportunities incredibly.

Dna always had a nice sense of humor and seemed to take teasing about his writing in his stride. I hope so.

Emily used to rule the roost in that family but may be a bit chastened these days. I hope their housekeeping has improved and they are eating properly now. That death-trap of an apartment and the squalor the babies lived in while Emily blogged all day were really terrifying.

I really hope they are in a better space these days.

I think the oven fitting two kids part was actually from the parody blog, not Emily's blog.

Yes, although it is sometimes really hard to tell the difference. :lol:

Oh, Dna's just having fun writing his own version of sci-fi. He's a major Trekkie and it's a hobby. He doesn't actually believe it. At least, I think he doesn't believe it!

I'm astonished at how easily I can decipher Dna-spelig after all these years. He admits to a learning disability, although he once said he never got any help for it in school, and his lack of riting skilz don't mean that he is mentally challenged. I feel bad for him because it must limit his work opportunities incredibly.

Dna always had a nice sense of humor and seemed to take teasing about his writing in his stride. I hope so..

Dystopian flash fiction by Dna? I can get on board with that!

Also, I like this, "When Francisco Scot key talks of rockets red glare. What were the rockets red glare. What were the rockets? Were they fire crazy kers or so e kind of primitive mistle or other incindiary device?"

Dystopian flash fiction by Dna? I can get on board with that!

Also, I like this, "When Francisco Scot key talks of rockets red glare. What were the rockets red glare. What were the rockets? Were they fire crazy kers or so e kind of primitive mistle or other incindiary device?"

Dna has an inquiring mind. :)

I had to google to get the answer to Dna's question about the rockets so I don't think it is a stupid question. It never occurred to me to wonder about when rockets and bombs were first invented and used in warfare. I think of the war of 1812 as having cannon balls and grapeshot but not bombs and rockets. :embarrassed:

Apparently the rockets in the poem were missiles and incendiary devices invented in 1804 by Sir William Congreve and used in the War of 1812 by the British. The first use of bombs was during the bombardment of Genoa in 1684. The first bombs were stone and metal and shattered into shrapnel on impact rather than exploding. By 1812 they had explosive "cannon ball" shells.

"Alternate history" is a popular subgenre of science fiction. Some bestsellers in the field include Robert Harris's Fatherland (set in an England under Nazi rule), Len Deighton's SS-GB (same), Jo Walton's "Small Change" trilogy (same again), Bring the Jubilee by Ward Moore (set in a victorious Confederate States of America), and umptykajillion books by Harry Turtledove in both the "CSA wins" and "Hitler wins" veins.

That said, I have no bloody idea what Dna is getting at. The combo of predictive text and whatever issues he has with the written word are a powerful encryption device.

"Alternate history" is a popular subgenre of science fiction. Some bestsellers in the field include Robert Harris's Fatherland (set in an England under Nazi rule), Len Deighton's SS-GB (same), Jo Walton's "Small Change" trilogy (same again), Bring the Jubilee by Ward Moore (set in a victorious Confederate States of America), and umptykajillion books by Harry Turtledove in both the "CSA wins" and "Hitler wins" veins.

That said, I have no bloody idea what Dna is getting at. The combo of predictive text and whatever issues he has with the written word are a powerful encryption device.

Eh, stop trashing poor Dna's writing! He is writing a potential best seller "Alternate History" and who are we to criticize? Stop the mean girl stuff! It is a known genre. Hell, I'll even volunteer to edit his masterpiece into English because I think he may have real talent! :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously I truly think that Dna should be encouraged to write more. Much, much, much, more. If he writes every waking moment he is not working at Walmart, fathering his 6 boys, renovating the shack they bought with tools that are (we hope) not hung on walls, and then collapsing into bed to sleep, he won't have much very time to spend jumping Emily's bones.

I doubt he will ever get himself snipped and Em wants as many kids as possible. These two should stop reproducing and try to take proper care of the children they already have. Six of them. :(

Archived