IGNORED

Emily and Dna have 6th baby boy.

Kat-rat

Someone mentioned it may be a chicken coupe. I can totally see Emily raising chickens for eggs and meat. :)

Wow. That house is much smaller and more decrepit than I remembered. :shock: Yep, 6 kids are going to be stacked in the chicken coop. I hope they have fixed the roof and uncovered the chimney so that they can have a wood stove. Otherwise, I hope they have decent heat and the tarp on the roof doesn't fall in with the first heavy snow.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the funniest photograph and accompanying description I've ever seen was the one of "Dna eting a bagel while Emily gives birth" that he or

she posted. He was over in the corner gobbling a bagel while #3 was being born.

I sincerely hope that house is nicer inside than I'm thinking it is.

I posted a pic of the house and referred to the lean-to as a shed. Someone corrected me, pointing out it would probably not be used as a shed, but rather the room where kids would be stacked like cords of wood.

Here's a link: http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6952&p=543735&hilit=emily+shed#p531747

If that's only 749 square feet, they're going to be in for a world of hurt when they've got six+ teenagers!

Is there any chance they are receiving food stamps and/or WIC assistance? Even with a house and car, with six kids they would still qualify. Also,

there's a good chance the oldest three kids would qualify for Head Start based on income. The school bus would come to their house and pick them up, and they could eat breakfast and lunch at the school. But I have a deep fear that Emily won't allow any of that....I wish we could somehow point it out to Dna on FB or something.

• 2 weeks later...

It is like an early Christmas, seeing this update and seeing Dna's bad writing again.

Dna posted a picture of his childhood home on his Facebook page. It made me very sad. The chicken coop house looks fantastic compared to Dna's childhood home.

I hope they are taking their kids to the dentist and taking care of their teeth. You can overcome a lot from your childhood, but rotten teeth...you're stuck with those.

Is there any chance they are receiving food stamps and/or WIC assistance? Even with a house and car, with six kids they would still qualify. Also,

there's a good chance the oldest three kids would qualify for Head Start based on income. The school bus would come to their house and pick them up, and they could eat breakfast and lunch at the school. But I have a deep fear that Emily won't allow any of that....I wish we could somehow point it out to Dna on FB or something.

Yeah, Head Start doesn't pick them up everywhere. Like here.

It sucked so badly because we live on the outside of a town and my daughter's school is in another town. No busses unless the kid has an IEP. Even though we made 0.00 for a few months last school year, they wouldn't get her. Even though every class has at least one, up to one class has nine vans for that one class. Each for ONE kid. It's absolute bullshit. daughter just got kicked out this month because my vehicle is broken (we have to junk it. Can't pay to fix it, I work at a restaurant.) And I can't get her there.

So...even if Emily would send her boys, there isn't a definite they could/would get there.The free breakfast and lunch is definitely nice and helps SO much though!

Also, you HAVE to take the kid to a Dr and dentist AND have things fixed that the dentist says if anything or the kid gets kicked out. Vaccines you can waive, the rest you can't. So I doubt that their kids will go.

[Yeah, Head Start doesn't pick them up everywhere. Like here.

It sucked so badly because we live on the outside of a town and my daughter's school is in another town. No busses unless the kid has an IEP. Even though we made 0.00 for a few months last school year, they wouldn't get her. Even though every class has at least one, up to one class has nine vans for that one class. Each for ONE kid. It's absolute bullshit. daughter just got kicked out this month because my vehicle is broken (we have to junk it. Can't pay to fix it, I work at a restaurant.) And I can't get her there.

So...even if Emily would send her boys, there isn't a definite they could/would get there.The free breakfast and lunch is definitely nice and helps SO much though!

Also, you HAVE to take the kid to a Dr and dentist AND have things fixed that the dentist says if anything or the kid gets kicked out. Vaccines you can waive, the rest you can't. So I doubt that their kids will go.

Has she ever said why she doesn't believe in WIC?

Exact quote from Emily in 2009: "We don't take WIC, Food Stamps, Section 8, or heating assistance, all of which we qualify for, because we don't need them." Then she yattered on about liking small government.

I hope she's changed her mind about WIC, food stamps and heating assistance at least given that she now has 6 kids and is a homeowner in Maine.

IIRC, the unaccredited bible college her husband attended wanted to give him a scholarship, but she made him turn it down. Instead, they paid the tuition using their tax refund.

Reading about all the free and good things, which would make their lives so much better, that Emily rejects because of her whack beliefs and

pride makes my eye start twitching.....

I could maybe see rejecting gov't assistance if she had been wealthy or middle-class before the kids, and she was thrown into poverty by an emergency, but still had middle-class "trappings" and the people around her were never the kind to need assistance. Because then it's a pride thing. For a short while, my partner and I would have likely qualified for SNAP, but didn't take it because the situation was temporary, I'm a proud person with some nice things, and the people around me are upper-middle class or above. (I have no problem with people who get benefits, I just didn't want anyone to find out).

But if you've lived that way for a long time, any normal person would see poverty isn't sustainable. And with kids, especially little ones, you have to do whatever it takes for them. Adults are more resilient.

I could maybe see rejecting gov't assistance if she had been wealthy or middle-class before the kids, and she was thrown into poverty by an emergency, but still had middle-class "trappings" and the people around her were never the kind to need assistance. Because then it's a pride thing. For a short while, my partner and I would have likely qualified for SNAP, but didn't take it because the situation was temporary, I'm a proud person with some nice things, and the people around me are upper-middle class or above. (I have no problem with people who get benefits, I just didn't want anyone to find out).

But if you've lived that way for a long time, any normal person would see poverty isn't sustainable. And with kids, especially little ones, you have to do whatever it takes for them. Adults are more resilient.

Yes. The thing about Emily and Dna was that they were quasi-Fundie and fairly recent converts into that way of life. Emily, unlike Dna, had very middle class, if not upper-middle class, parents. From memory, her father went to either Oxford or Cambridge but then became rather hippie. He dealt in antiques when he moved to the USA and married and then divorced Emily's mother. Emily's mother was quite well off, and I always got the impression that Emily's Fundie beliefs and determined poverty was a way of rebelling against her mother's values and way of life. She was in contact with her Dad but there seemed a lot of resentment towards her mother.

We did speculate at the time Emily stopped blogging that there had been some kind of intervention with the family, either from the Bible College or from CPS, or perhaps both. I need my memory refreshed. Didn't Dna get the boot from the Bible College and they separated for a time?

Yeah, she kinda went off the grid for a little while. I suspect the CPS intervention came about after the child went into the coma, but I know there were a lot of people out in the virtual world concerned enough to contact CPS on their behalf as well.

But yeah, I think Dan left/was kicked out of Bible college, they separated, but apparently got back together. He continues to work at WalMart, and they

have purchased some kind of rudimentary housing/shack in her name only. And they are now the parents of six young sons, who I worry about.

Thanks Starfish!

Yes, I remember thinking that it would have been amazing if the hospital hadn't alerted CPS. Of course we will never know for sure if there was a CPS intervention. It would be a breach of confidentiality for CPS to give anything more than necessary minimal feedback to a mandated reporter, and totally unethical to give any information at all to some browser on the internet calling for info (says the MSW and former Adult PS manager snottily! :mrgreen: )

I vaguely remember someone from FJ sending a letter to the head of Bible College and saying that she had a reasonably responsive letter back. Contacting the Bible College made me rather uncomfortable at the time, but if it resulted in an intervention of any kind that was good. Those poor children.

Let us hope that Emily learned her lesson and is now taking better care of the children and accepting benefits. I always thought she was the driving force in that marriage. I also hope to goodness that she and Dan are not homeschooling. Public school will at least mean teachers being able to keep an eye on the kids.

I have no energy to stalk back thru threads but on Yuku wasn't there a FJ who lived near the WM he worked at and shopped there on occasion? I believe she/he saw Dna?

Gizmola - where, or where, are you? Did you ever get a thank-you note? A notice that the mattress was returned? Sounds like they may need another….

Not Gizmola, but I seem to remember Emily messaging her that they didn't need the mattress and were going to sell it, but the boys enjoyed playing with the box it came in.

Yes, that's right. Giz sent her a mattress. Emily said they didn't need it, and planned to sell it on Ebay or Craigslist or something. But she

did mention the kids enjoyed playing with the box. And why wouldn't they? It's not like she let them play with Brad the stuffed dog. It's not like

she was going to get up from out from under the blanket and play with them herself. Mean-spirited weirdo who needs medication or intervention or

something. (muttering here....).

We need a FJ intrepid reporter who can check on Dan at the Walmart and make sure he's okay.....

Yeah, she kinda went off the grid for a little while. I suspect the CPS intervention came about after the child went into the coma, but I know there were a lot of people out in the virtual world concerned enough to contact CPS on their behalf as well.

But yeah, I think Dan left/was kicked out of Bible college, they separated, but apparently got back together. He continues to work at WalMart, and they

have purchased some kind of rudimentary housing/shack in her name only. And they are now the parents of six young sons, who I worry about.

Regarding Dna's exit from the Bible College of the Holy Basement: Wasn't there a possible concern that he had plagiarized his assignments, or that Emily was completing them for him? The contrast between the class assignments he posted on his blog and the other entries was striking, to say the least.

Archived