IGNORED

Emily and Dna have 6th baby boy.

Kat-rat

If this was already posted I apologize but it seems in June Emily had John McArthur Pierce which would make boy #6 for them. They bought a fixer-upper in February and it looks pretty run down but also seems to have a large yard for the kids so yay on that one.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, they've got 6 kids already? They were kind of my fundie gateway. Don't remember how I found them, but I was so addicted to her blog. She only had 3 boys then.

If this was already posted I apologize but it seems in June Emily had John McArthur Pierce which would make boy #6 for them. They bought a fixer-upper in February and it looks pretty run down but also seems to have a large yard for the kids so yay on that one.

Wow. Does Emily have a new blog?

His facebook page is open now. It just suddenly started showing up on my newsfeed so I scrolled through. She is working at a church and he does volunteering. Sounds like they are doing well (I hope) and happy that they are able to get a house even if it needs some works. He has gone very left politically and still spells poorly.

He has gone very left politically

Iiiiiinteresting.

If I could resurrect any now-defunct fundy blog, it would be Emily's.

Their new baby's name makes me think of John A. Macdonald but that's probably because I'm reading his biography right now.

I'm glad they have a house and sincerely hope they're happy.

She went atheist? And he's left-leaning?

Weird, but I suppose it makes sense, with their interest in Star Trek.

His facebook page is open now. It just suddenly started showing up on my newsfeed so I scrolled through. She is working at a church and he does volunteering. Sounds like they are doing well (I hope) and happy that they are able to get a house even if it needs some works. He has gone very left politically and still spells poorly.

I can't find it. Is it still "Jamey Pierce"?

FRANCISCO Scott Key? Yep, it's Dna. :lol: His FB page is a hot mess, but in a hilarious way.

Man, I can't believe those people are still breeding. :o

Well, I see that the passing years haven't helped Dna's grammar. His FB page is a mess.

I wonder what their kids will say when they find out as adults that skirt cheese and gloodles aren't really food.

Can someone tell me who these people are.

Emily and Dan (or Dna, as he is sometimes called, after he misspelled his own name) were young QF fundies, and some of the most famous FJ has ever snarked on. She was a SAHM to three (?) boys at that point, and he was attending some shady bible college with the goal of being a pastor while working as a janitor at Walmart. She had a blog, Under $1000 Per Month (might still be active if you want to Google it) in which she outlined the family's life in poverty, her refusal to get a job, her homebirths in their squalid apartmemt she refused to heat (even though heat was included in rent), the disgusting living condition of her kids (if I recall right she had all three sleeping in what was the laundry room of her apartment, one kid slept on a pee-soaked mattress under the baby's crib), her attempts at making cheese by straining curdled milk through her skirt, making pasta by mixing flour and water, her "garden" grown in coffee canisters which provided the family with two lettuce leaves worth of salad for dinner, and bakong bread in used soup cans in the slow cooker. Her house was disgusting and I think more than a few people reported her to social services. One of her kids fell into a coma somehow and she didn't immediately seek medical attention, if I recall. Someone here bought her a new mattress for her kid and she sold it online rather than replace the pee soaked one. She stopped posting but through various means FJers were able to keep tabs that she and hubby later separated for a while but reconciled, flirted with athiesm, and eventually bought some sort of house (in an unknown state of repair) but kept having kids.

Really, I don't think any summary is adequate. You really have to find the blog and read the whole thing.

I get unreasonably excited when I see Emily and Dan brought up. They were my gateway fundies--I found out about them on The Bump, of all places. :) She sure has a fistfull of crazy and Dan looks like he's just barely literate. I always hope against hope that she will start blogging again.

AND the apartment was only 400 square feet. She had some seriously dangerous conditions for the kids and when someone would chime in she would lash out and get incredibly nasty. After CPS showed up she shut her blog down and removed all the pics.

I could read the blog a while back when I tried. My OCD kicked in and I had to take a bath.

Don't forget her detailed plan to house 10 kids in the 400 sq ft. apt

Hmmm - anyone think she is trying for a girl - didn't she have boxes of girl clothes stored away.

Ahhh, Emily. Please blog again. You were awesome snark material - albeit incredibly saddening too. :-/

Archived