IGNORED

Matt Walsh: self righteous blogger

Mompom

I noticed that Matt Walsh has had one thread here based on his food stamps post. I'd just like to say that he's irritating. Really, really irritating. I'm a Christian woman. I'm even pretty conservative in lots of ways. I love staying home with my kids (most days anyway). I cook and clean and craft and knit. I love my husband. He loves me. Just saying that MW and I might seem that we'd agree on a lot, but wow. No.

THIS GUY. AGH.

He's

1. self righteous.

2. arrogant.

3. a black and white thinker.

4. thinks he's some knight in shining armor for women.

5. annoying the heck out of me.

Am I alone in this?

Isn't he an actor? I am confused.

I totally did a double take the first time I saw this blog because I didn't think MY Matt Walsh would ever be such an asshat. :) I think Matt Walsh the actor would happily tell Matt Walsh the blogger that he wants to redact his f*cking face with a f*ckload of bread.*

This blogger massively gets under my skin. He's a dick.

*I love Veep. And I know he didn't say the line about the f*ckload of bread, but I try to use that line any chance I get.

he is definitely a piece of shit

he blogs about how men are getting too submissive in society and bullshit like that

pfft

what a complete cunt

he doesn't want to call his wife "the boss" :

The culture encourages men to assume a submissive posture and shrink away from the challenges of being the captains of their ships.

ok dude........

I can't even read his blog. He makes me want to throw things against the wall. Self-righteous, pompous ass. He tries to be hip and cool, but he is just an incredibly hateful, selfish human being.

I was wondering when someone would start a post on Matt Walsh on here. He seems to be part of the fundie category, if at least fundie-lite Christian and right-winger.

I, too, have been struck by his self-righteousness. I have several friends on fb who seem to love his posts...a few more conservative Catholics and even some very non-fundie folks. And even when he writes about topics I'm prone to agree about (calling out Robin Thicke, another one that I now can't remember)...he just comes across as SO self-righteous and like he's better than all those people he disagrees with. His "Don't Shop on Thanksgiving" post wasn't too bad, but that was about all I could tolerate.

And his post about homeschooling and the evilness of public school indoctrination (oh, and how we should do away with the IRS, because who needs government funding)? As snarkworthy as anything that's been discussed on FJ.

• 3 months later...

themattwalshblog.com/2014/03/13/an-open-letter-to-liberal-feminists-girls-dont-have-it-any-worse-than-boys/

Ugh. Self-righteous dildo at it again. I can't stand this guy. I think he may be worse than some of the Lori/SSM folks because he sounds just reasoned enough that his rhetoric doesn't come across as extremist. Plus, he writes some stuff that isn't religious or awful (for instance, he has a post that seems to be about not freaking out when kids cry in public but saying maybe parents shouldn't bring kids to adult movies or upscale restaurants... fine).

I see a LOT of people linking to him-- even non-religious folks or pretty liberal Christians.

I was wondering when someone would start a post on Matt Walsh on here. He seems to be part of the fundie category, if at least fundie-lite Christian and right-winger.

I, too, have been struck by his self-righteousness. I have several friends on fb who seem to love his posts...a few more conservative Catholics and even some very non-fundie folks. And even when he writes about topics I'm prone to agree about (calling out Robin Thicke, another one that I now can't remember)...he just comes across as SO self-righteous and like he's better than all those people he disagrees with. His "Don't Shop on Thanksgiving" post wasn't too bad, but that was about all I could tolerate.

And his post about homeschooling and the evilness of public school indoctrination (oh, and how we should do away with the IRS, because who needs government funding)? As snarkworthy as anything that's been discussed on FJ.

you hit the nail on the head with the self righteousness thing. It's so gross. He's gross.

Um, clarification needed. "The" Matt Walsh is not the same as "Mr" Matt Walsh the ex-addict in recovery, helper/organiser guy on some hoarder TV show that I only watched a couple of times? And threw up due to flashbacks from former APS work and my late FIL's hoarding tendencies.

Just checking so that I can google for the right guy ...

Um, clarification needed. "The" Matt Walsh is not the same as "Mr" Matt Walsh the ex-addict in recovery, helper/organiser guy on some hoarder TV show that I only watched a couple of times? And threw up due to flashbacks from former APS work and my late FIL's hoarding tendencies.

Just checking so that I can google for the right guy ...

Are you maybe thinking of Peter Walsh? The guy who helps people declutter their homes? Or Matt Paxton, the Hoarders guy? Either way, this Matt Walsh guy is neither of them, so you're safe. :)

Are you maybe thinking of Peter Walsh? The guy who helps people declutter their homes? Or Matt Paxton, the Hoarders guy? Either way, this Matt Walsh guy is neither of them, so you're safe. :)

Many thanks! I was conflating Peter Walsh and Matt Paxton. :lol:

So I can dis Matt Walsh happily!

Also his statement that liberal feminists are on the wrong side of things, that the battles we're fighting are wrong? Well that sort of sanctimonious shit is exactly WHY I'm proud to be a liberal feminist. He must be fucking unbearable to live with.

ALso this comment from a reader:

"I was just talking to my husband about the fact that there is no war on women, but a HUGE war on men and masculinity."

And now, some smilies to express my feelings about this:

:angry-banghead: :pink-shock: :wtf: :angry-screaming:

Thank you. This is just exactly what I needed to find today! Matt Walsh annoys me to no end. I halfway agreed with the first post of his that I ever read (I don't remember which one) and got sucked into reading a couple more because of that, but I quickly figured out that I wasn't likely to ever agree with him again.

I am also boggled by some of the FB friends I have who post his crap.

Archived