IGNORED

That Wife solo parenting

Queen Of Hearts

thatwifeblog.com/2013/11/20/solo-parenting/

So it seems That Jerk is working away from the home 4-7 days per week and That Wife is left to manage things on her own. While I am not a fan of Jenna's, I do have to feel a bit of compassion for her after reading her latest blog post. Her words are raw and honest and you can sense her loneliness. Also, she makes a point to say what she is doing isn't as hard as being a real single parent. This is the first time I have seen Jenna actually have some respect for someone other than herself. Maybe the move away from Mormonism has been a good change for her.

I read the post and the comments. She's very quick to correct anyone who suggests that she get a part- or full-time job outside the home by letting them know that she does work from home-- does anyone know what she's doing? I know she has the photography business, the blog, and the Pinterest Fail website, but I can't imagine those things taking up full days or earning her the sort of income she could get by working at a paid job.

I feel really sorry for those kids. The boy is in full-time daycare with his mother at home, and the girl will follow soon (she said she's priced her options there) for Jenna to do WHAT exactly? She begs for photography work which doesn't seem to be forthcoming. What is she trying to do?

Surely she didn't plan to be solo parenting when she had the children, but it doesn't seem like TJ is a terribly involved parent, either, even when he is on the scene. Jenna projects an aura of having been imposed on, when her lifestyle is envied by many other women. If she's unhappy, she needs to change things instead of just complaining about them.

I was shocked Jenna admitted that parenting isn't really her forte. Frankly, full time child care is probably a GOOD thing for those kids. I think in another life where she hadn't been brainwashed by her religion she might have been quite successful and happy as a single, professional with a good career.

I was shocked Jenna admitted that parenting isn't really her forte. Frankly, full time child care is probably a GOOD thing for those kids. I think in another life where she hadn't been brainwashed by her religion she might have been quite successful and happy as a single, professional with a good career.

That's true, and hopefully with her leaving Mormonism, she may decide she's done having children which would be the best thing in the end. After all, the only reason she had children was that she was brainwashed into believing that was her only goal as a good Mormon woman.

While I'm not a fan of TW at all, I do think she has gained some insight into herself over the past year or so. She has removed herself from Mormonism, put her son in daycare so the poor thing is at least getting some attention and a chance to learn and she just seems...more functional. This most recent post is quite raw and while I don't always agree with her choices, I think she is heading in a better direction than she was. She is acknowledging her failures (parenting not being her thing) and applying a bit of analysis to herself. Good for her.

Archived