• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• singsingsing

• Mela99

• nokidsmom

• formergothardite

Mela99

There are some really nice online dress sites, tho. And they can get you orders within a week or less. Helene Bridal was one of them, I almost ordered my dress from there. But I wasn't sure about buying something I didn't try on. And they do custom orders in everything

Dresses are like... everythhing you find on Pinterest and then some.

wd5821-1.jpg

This was the one I was eyeing. Love lace/sleeves.

I recall Kelly did post she bought a modest dress online but didn't like the way it fit when ut arrived so time being of essence she went to Davids

• 2 weeks later...

Kelly posted the "Wedding Prep" post on the family's blog.

A few things I noticed:

-The Groom's cake was Gothard's birthday cake. What the fuck?! How does that make any sense? Creepy, much?

-According to Kelly, Erin and Chad's wedding will be shown on 19KC but not Zach and Whitney's. I'm guessing Whit and Zach don't want it to be filmed. If that's the case, good for them. We all know what happened when they showed Zach's courtship on television.

marmalade
I recall Kelly did post she bought a modest dress online but didn't like the way it fit when ut arrived so time being of essence she went to Davids

No, the dress was obviously strapless (alterations to the bust can be seen in the pics) and, according to Kelly, also backless. I think her definition of "backless" may differ from ours; the dress had an obvious corset, it just didn't have covered shoulders in the back. However, with Erin's veil in the way, the alterations there are harder to pick up.

No, the dress was obviously strapless (alterations to the bust can be seen in the pics) and, according to Kelly, also backless. I think her definition of "backless" may differ from ours; the dress had an obvious corset, it just didn't have covered shoulders in the back. However, with Erin's veil in the way, the alterations there are harder to pick up.

I think she meant they bought a second dress at David's. They scrapped the modest one bought online.

nokidsmom

A few things I noticed:

-The Groom's cake was Gothard's birthday cake. What the fuck?! How does that make any sense? Creepy, much?

-According to Kelly, Erin and Chad's wedding will be shown on 19KC but not Zach and Whitney's. I'm guessing Whit and Zach don't want it to be filmed. If that's the case, good for them. We all know what happened when they showed Zach's courtship on television.

Having the groom's cake also serving as a birthday cake for another guest is just rather weird, even if that guest wasn't Bill Gothard. If they wanted to celebrate Ol' Bill's birthday, it would make more sense and seem less creepy to have one just for him.

Well, hearing that Zach and Whitney not wanting their wedding filmed gives me some hope for Zach. I always felt that he was pushed into having the courtship being filmed because this was his parent's first foray into the whole courtship bit, they went by the book and somehow thought fiming this would be a good idea. Poor guy had no sense that this would be a disaster and when it all fell apart, I suspect he was hit pretty hard so can see why he wants nothing to do with any filming.

He either told them flat out no or maybe witnessing their son's pain from the earlier experience, Gil and Kelly didn't push it.

Bet that Zach goes fundie-lite the minute he's out of his parent's house.

I was pleasantly surprised that they had more food than cake and punch. I saw pineapple, sandwich's, olives, cold cuts, etc in the photo's.

Dandruff
Bet that Zach goes fundie-lite the minute he's out of his parent's house.

Seconded. I suspect that young man has realized he's had it, though I doubt they'll let him stray too far. Has there been any indication of how he'll support Whitney or where they'll live?

denimjumper

I wish the dress had been altered using the same fabric as the dress. It's not even the same color. It sticks out as a bright white against cream. Surely David's had a cap sleeve dress already in stock.

Coconut Flan

David's doesn't routinely stock off the rack dresses. They have sample dresses and then order the actual size to be delivered in a few months time. The dresses they do have on the rack are either a very few that would usually require quite a bit of alteration to fit someone as thin as Erin (and it looked to me like her dress was taken in a lot and not really done right) or dresses ordered and never picked up. Their normal approach on sleeves is to tack on the pre-made sleeves. They have boxes of those for people wanting sleeves.

Mela99

And they have a ton of really nice sleeve options. And if you didn't like those, etsy has miles and miles of them. I know because I'm looking. I want sleeves on my dress not because it's modest - I just plain like the way it looks.

I admittedly had a secret hope Erin would choose the DB knock off of Kate Middleton's dress....

And they have a ton of really nice sleeve options. And if you didn't like those, etsy has miles and miles of them. I know because I'm looking. I want sleeves on my dress not because it's modest - I just plain like the way it looks.

I admittedly had a secret hope Erin would choose the DB knock off of Kate Middleton's dress....

I have a feeling that Alyssa's wedding dress will be a Kate Middleton's knock off. From her pinterest page, it seems that Alyssa loves Kate's fashion style so I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to find a knock off or wear something similar.

nokidsmom

Seconded. I suspect that young man has realized he's had it, though I doubt they'll let him stray too far. Has there been any indication of how he'll support Whitney or where they'll live?

He does get some income from his job as a councilman plus he has a job with a local business. I wouldn't be surprised if Whitney does continue at Sonic if she's still in school. I don't know if she's completed her medical billing training yet but a lot of medical billers can work from home, however, usually one has to start out in an actual practice first. I have a billing certificate and my instructors made it very clear to my classmates wanting to work from home that they shouldn't expect that but start out in a practice.

If Whitney does work, Kelly and Gil wouldn't like it but Zach just might assert his right as "headship" and tell them to go jump, he's ok with it and that's that. In fact that's probably another reason he wants to get out; he will then be considered an adult (finally at 25!), head of his own home and his life will be his own. I don't think he's going to pass up turning around his parents' fundie beliefs around on them.

A few things I noticed:

Actually if you read all of Kelly's comments it seems as though TLC decided not to air the wedding. A couple of weeks ago Kelly posted that they were waiting to hear back from TLC on wether or not the wedding would be filmed for TV. Then she said the other day that it would not be filmed which would mean that TLC probably decided having two weddings in one season would not be interesting. As far as Kelly has said Zach and Whit were open to it. I'm sure it's probably good money for them had they aired it.

Mela99

I have a feeling that Alyssa's wedding dress will be a Kate Middleton's knock off. From her pinterest page, it seems that Alyssa loves Kate's fashion style so I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to find a knock off or wear something similar.

I think Alyssa's wedding will be more fashion forward for sure

nellautumngirl

Actually if you read all of Kelly's comments it seems as though TLC decided not to air the wedding. A couple of weeks ago Kelly posted that they were waiting to hear back from TLC on wether or not the wedding would be filmed for TV. Then she said the other day that it would not be filmed which would mean that TLC probably decided having two weddings in one season would not be interesting. As far as Kelly has said Zach and Whit were open to it. I'm sure it's probably good money for them had they aired it.

Can't have the focus off the Duggars for one whole hour! I get the feeling the Bateses are only welcome on the show when there's an opportunity for J'chelle and Jim Bob to act all benevolent towards them, except the camping episode, and there Michelle was visibly uncomfortable, while Kelly tried to chat with her one-on-one.

Many dresses these days are reminiscent of Kate's, and for good reason! It was beautiful, and modest to boot! She does seem to idolize Kate (not that there's anything wrong with that, I totally do too. She's classy and beautiful and seems down to earth at the same time,) so I think that that's a big possibility.

Many dresses these days are reminiscent of Kate's, and for good reason! It was beautiful, and modest to boot!

I highly doubt any of the fundies we talk about would consider Kate's dress modest- the neckline was cut far too low for that (and as someone with a similarly small chest, I didn't think the neckline was particularly flattering).

I was honestly surprised at Kate's dress. It was a bit of a knockoff of Grace Kelly's dress, and quite boring compared to other Burton for McQueen dresses.

Black Aliss
I was pleasantly surprised that they had more food than cake and punch. I saw pineapple, sandwich's, olives, cold cuts, etc in the photo's.

I always say, you just can't beat a rolled up piece of Oscar Meyer bologna topped with an olive for a festive treat.

81.jpg

I always say, you just can't beat a rolled up piece of Oscar Meyer bologna topped with an olive for a festive treat.

81.jpg

Where did you get this pic from???

PennySycamore

Bologna topped with an olive sounds disgusting. Why not just serve Olive Loaf? It's pretty much the same thing and the olives are already in the meat. Just roll it up and fasten with a toothpick.