IGNORED

J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter 8 - Hoax

Rescinded and Mended

http://www.breathecast.com/articles/har ... ing-12523/

Apparently, Rowling has decided to continue the series. Daniel Radcliffe even said he'd be up for playing the part of Harry in the films again.

On the one hand, I'm happy about this, but on the other, the series ended in a pretty good place and I'm not sure another novel is needed.

More or less the same as you, though part of my soul still remains a child screaming "EEEE!" at the very thought.

I hear ya, I'm planning on getting my copy the day it's released. ;) The announcement is supposed to be really new, only a few hours old, but it's a little weird that I haven't seen it anywhere else. I think the source should be reputable, but don't know a whole lot about breathecast.

Bummer! Shoulda known better when I found the article on only two websites. :lol:

Yeah, someone's celebrating April Fools in November. This is sadly, not true.

:cry: It's not true? Pay no attention to the shattering sound of my heart breaking. I need a hug :cry:

:cry: It's not true? Pay no attention to the shattering sound of my heart breaking. I need a hug :cry:

Come join me in the sad corner.

But actually, I'm kind of happy too. Deathly Hallows was my 2nd favourite book, and I feel like it ended perfectly. I doubt even JKR could live up to my expectations for an 8th book. Plus, no Voldemort, so yeah.

I wouldn't mind another series set in the same world as Harry Potter, but I don't need another Harry Potter book. Maybe a book series about some of Fleur & Bill Weasley's kids. Bill would have a great back-story, what with the werewolf induced injuries and all that.

A huge part of me is glad she isn't. She made it very clear that she had 7 novels in mind and that she was done after that. To continue the series would feel to me like selling out.

I would love to know more about the first OOTP and the first war. I'd love to know Arthur and Molly Weasley's stories, how her brother's died etc. I've read some epic fanfic about them, but it would be awesome to have it canon.

Or maybe some Black family backstory! Maybe a story about the Andromeda/Narcissa/Bellatrix dynamic.

I'd like to learn more about some of the Hogwarts instructors. Pottermore talks a little bit about Minerva McGonagal's past, but I'd like to know if there was ever ANYTHING good in Snape's life other than his feelings of love for Lily.

I would like more of an epilogue. I liked that she gave us the 19 years later but I want to know what happened in the 19 years. I want to know more about ginny and Harry's relationship and Ron and Hermione. I want weddings and kids and all the details lol

The link in the first post talks about "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." That's already a book - one of the short "schoolbooks" that was released originally for ComicRelief, along with "Quidditch Through the Ages."

The REAL news about that book is that she is writing a script about the author of that book (Newt Scamander) in 1920s starting in New York. The movie has no release date yet. But it's a done deal. :cracking-up:

Oh, God no. I'm glad it was just a prank. The last two books left a sour taste in my mouth, and despite reading the first five books more times than I can count, I only read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince twice, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows once. I just couldn't stomach the awful epilogue.

I'd like to learn more about some of the Hogwarts instructors. Pottermore talks a little bit about Minerva McGonagal's past, but I'd like to know if there was ever ANYTHING good in Snape's life other than his feelings of love for Lily.

Well, he achieved a Potions mastery, so there's that. :lol:

Me too. I did actually "EEEEEE!" out loud when I saw this thread title and now I feel empty and broken.

I recently reread all of the HPs except 7, which I haven't yet read because I'm just not ready for it to be over. When I saw the thread title I thought I could FINALLY fire up my Kindle and give Deathly Hallows an inaugural read, but alas.

I apologize for all the premature squee I caused in all of the Heartbroken Potterphiles in this thread - myself included! :lol:

Archived