IGNORED

LOLSCOTTY!

twin2

David Brown looked like an insurance agent before he even hit puberty. And at this young age he was already "building a house for his bride." This was David's idea of a good time, according to Scott, and I sort of believe him.

But what's really interesting about these early photos is that Kelly resembles David and Blair much more than in later pics. I, too, am very curious about their DNA, though I freely admit it's absolutely none of my business.

2004-08-18_2-18.jpg

Good find on the photo. Yes, Kelly looks here (and actually in her wedding photos, too) like David and Blair and also just a whole different person than after she married. She's still pretty, but being married to Sippy Cup and pumping out all those babies has changed her face.

And none of my bizwax either, but I've always thought David and Blair were likely from the same birth parents and there was a chance Kelly was, too. She is not naturally a blond, so if you darkened her hair, I think the resemblance is more obvious.

*Editing for spelling.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David in June 2013 (on the right). Look, I understand a dude marrying young if it's his only hope of getting a little 'tang, but if you're "letting yourself go" at the age of TWENTY, maybe your 200-year plan is a little fucked up.

IMG_9570.jpg

ETA: I want to make it clear that this is not about David's weight, but about how "thrown together," unshaven, and just generally sloppy he's appeared in the last few years. He's twenty years old and he looks like a "sitcom dad."

Scott Brown looks more straight up evil than Dougie did. He just has that evil villain look.

Aside from obvious poor posture, I can't snark on his weight (because I know what happens when you get married -- you cook more food and eat more food!).

But what I love about this photo are the two dumpsters just outside the window. LOL. What kind of restaurant would they be eating at that has dumpsters visible to people eating? Cracks me up.

Oh, wait, maybe they are shipping containers. But still. Nice atmosphere!

Aside from obvious poor posture, I can't snark on his weight (because I know what happens when you get married -- you cook more food and eat more food!).

But what I love about this photo are the two dumpsters just outside the window. LOL. What kind of restaurant would they be eating at that has dumpsters visible to people eating? Cracks me up.

They're manly menz. They care not about "atmosphere". Atmosphere is a product of breathing feminist air. See how manly they are? Sitting so close together in that manly booth. Squeezed tight, shoulder to shoulder, thigh to thigh...

Scott Brown looks more straight up evil than Dougie did. He just has that evil villain look.

And the most evil of them all is sitting to Taylor Tsantles' left in that picture- Kevin Swanson. Scott Brown is a teddy bear compared to Swanson. I can laugh at Scott, but Swanson straight up scares me.

I can't imagine being 23 and marrying a 17 year old guy. I was interested in 17 year old guys when I was say, 16 but by 23, they were like kids to me.

And the most evil of them all is sitting to Taylor Tsantles' left in that picture- Kevin Swanson. Scott Brown is a teddy bear compared to Swanson. I can laugh at Scott, but Swanson straight up scares me.

I so agree with this. If you google Swanson, you will see the most vile and hateful things that have come out of his mouth (most aimed at teh geyz, of course).

I so agree with this. If you google Swanson, you will see the most vile and hateful things that have come out of his mouth (most aimed at teh geyz, of course).

Add me to the list of people who simply cannot stand Swanson. He is just another raging lunatic with pacing around, shouting, spitting, name-calling, wild hand gestures... wait a minute, did I just describe PP?

He does, but not as much as Geoff Botkin.

He does, but not as much as Geoff Botkin.

Yeah, Geoff looks like he should be plotting world destruction in a movie or some-- oh, wait, he is plotting world destruction! In real life!

I"m with you. I can laugh at most of them, but Swanson is no laughing matter. I've never seen so much sarcasm and hate distilled into one person. I can't imagine what life is like for his family. The man is merciless.

Judging by the cards on the table, it looks like they're taking dominion of a Denny's.

The next time someone asks me why I'm good at math, I'll say it's because my brain has been stewing in feminist juices.

Also, a 23-year-old woman marrying a 17-year-old boy? Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew... I'm around that age. There's no way in hell I'd ever do it with a high-schooler. I'm distraught just thinking about it.

The next time someone asks me why I'm good at math, I'll say it's because my brain has been stewing in feminist juices.

Also, a 23-year-old woman marrying a 17-year-old boy? Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew... I'm around that age. There's no way in hell I'd ever do it with a high-schooler. I'm distraught just thinking about it.

Yeah that whole thing totally squicks me out. I remember being 23 and not at all interested in guys that young. A year or two younger maybe, but 17? No way.

And it's not just the six year difference, it's the difference in growing up and life experience in those years. At 23, I was a college grad, just took my first post college job, had a couple of long term relationships one of which ended in a broken engagement, evil Jezebel that I was. Totally different from when I was a 17 year old still in high school. But considering that in fundie circles I would not be in college, just a homeschooled, infantilized SAHD waiting for daddy to pick my husband then I guess I wouldn't have that growth and life experience that would differ me from a younger husband that much. But still, 17 is pushing it. It's not even the age of consent where I live.

Yeah that whole thing totally squicks me out. I remember being 23 and not at all interested in guys that young. A year or two younger maybe, but 17? No way.

And it's not just the six year difference, it's the difference in growing up and life experience in those years. At 23, I was a college grad, just took my first post college job, had a couple of long term relationships one of which ended in a broken engagement, evil Jezebel that I was. Totally different from when I was a 17 year old still in high school. But considering that in fundie circles I would not be in college, just a homeschooled, infantilized SAHD waiting for daddy to pick my husband then I guess I wouldn't have that growth and life experience that would differ me from a younger husband that much. But still, 17 is pushing it. It's not even the age of consent where I live.

I worked with 11th and 12th graders in a previous job, and I overhear them talking on public transit all the time, and I think to myself "was I ever that much of a little know-it-all?" There's just such a maturity gap.

I worked with 11th and 12th graders in a previous job, and I overhear them talking on public transit all the time, and I think to myself "was I ever that much of a little know-it-all?" There's just such a maturity gap.

I know. I remember being in my early 20's and cringing while remembering some of my teenage silliness and know it all attitudes.

But remember-- the headship is supposed to be a know it all, so maybe 17 and never out in the world to have anyone contradict him is viewed as the perfect age for fundies to marry.

Archived