IGNORED

Courtship Predictions 2014

Daenerys

It's a courtship prediction thread so I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to post mine. Don't know why it bothers you so.

No, it doesn't bother me at all! I wasn't being sarcastic. I think it's funny how you've noticed someone who has been with the family a lot (I've only noticed when you've pointed it out) and really think they'd be a match. Everyone else wants to make matches between these "famous" fundie families, but those are rather unlikely. Laura is a dark horse pick of sorts, but it fits into the kind of people Jim Bob seems to want for his children.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Laura the girl who you've been pointing out for some time might be looking for a future courtship with JD Duggar?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, SunnySideUp - most of the matches will probably come out of nowhere, like Ben Seewald. He was on nobody's radar, and right up until the news broke (and even after it) people were insisting that Jim Bob was never going to let his 'slaves' go, and that if he did, he'd marry them one off to some bigwig in the movement.

I'm still totally convinced that there is going to be a Bates/Roberts courtship, though. There are just too many of them and they like each other way too much for it to not happen. And soon.

No, it doesn't bother me at all! I wasn't being sarcastic. I think it's funny how you've noticed someone who has been with the family a lot (I've only noticed when you've pointed it out) and really think they'd be a match. Everyone else wants to make matches between these "famous" fundie families, but those are rather unlikely. Laura is a dark horse pick of sorts, but it fits into the kind of people Jim Bob seems to want for his children.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Laura the girl who you've been pointing out for some time might be looking for a future courtship with JD Duggar?

Yes, because she always pops up in the background of pics but never gets any mention anywhere! She was on the bus with David Waller and them when they traveled cross country to CA and JD was there. She is close friends with the Duggar girls, she drove them to the Bates wedding, they do all the Journeys.

The truth is I like her because she looks normal, often wears pants, wore a strapless dress to her friends wedding and she just seems really nice and bubbly and independent. She runs a lot of stuff over at IBLP and I am sure she will end up with someone soon.

But the more pics I see of JD, I am kind of repulsed by his looks.

I agree about a Bates/Roberts courtship.

I think there will be a courtship for:

JD Duggar = a quiet, local girl (perhaps a Query)

Jana Duggar = a quiet, local boy (perhaps the boy who helped Josiah and the Howlers make their video)

Joseph Maxwell = a frumper-wearing girl, totally off the radar

MIchael Bates = a local boy

the oldest Wissman girl = a boy they met while singing

The 3 eldest Seven Sisters will marry the 3 eldest Arndts (yeah, riiiight)

Uriah Maxwell will roll away with Scooby Doo's Mystery Machine!!! They will live in sin... And love it!!!

While I agree that a Bates-Roberts match is likely, I don't see it happening in 2014. I think that some of the teenagers seem interested in each other, so they'll have to wait awhile. Then again, Nathan or Lawson might develop an interest in one of the older girls. I don't see anything between a Roberts boy and Michael.

I don't know that much about Maxwell history, but from what I've read lately...how do they ever find matches for their children? They seem to stay near home, except when travelling to preach/sell their stuff, and don't appear to have fun or socialize. Mail-order?

Nathan met Melanie when they still went to a normal church. I don't know how Christopher and NR Anna got together. She's remarkably happy looking for a Maxwell.

I'm sure this was discussed ad nauseum when it happened, but I wasn't apart of FJ then, but I believe John David had a courtship that didn't work out. The episode where Jim Bob told all the kids they were helping to clean up that wreck of a house for JD and then he went on to say that if JD cleaned up some land for a bank they were giving him a fixer upper ... usually that is code speak for "he's got his eye on someone and he needs to show her( her father) that he has a job and a place for her to live. Nothing ever came from that though and JD's house has never been mentioned again. And I'm not even sure he has the towing business anymore.

How long ago was that? Two years ago?

Nathan met Melanie when they still went to a normal church. I don't know how Christopher and NR Anna got together. She's remarkably happy looking for a Maxwell.

I think they grew Anna in a lab, to try and genetically engineer someone who would enjoy Maxwell life and not run away screaming.

I'm sure this was discussed ad nauseum when it happened, but I wasn't apart of FJ then, but I believe John David had a courtship that didn't work out. The episode where Jim Bob told all the kids they were helping to clean up that wreck of a house for JD and then he went on to say that if JD cleaned up some land for a bank they were giving him a fixer upper ... usually that is code speak for "he's got his eye on someone and he needs to show her( her father) that he has a job and a place for her to live. Nothing ever came from that though and JD's house has never been mentioned again. And I'm not even sure he has the towing business anymore.

How long ago was that? Two years ago?

They did mention the house again. He is renting it out.

Blair married Taylor Tsantles, a strapping eighteen-year-old, a couple of years back. They already have at least two children. I think she was 23 or so when they married. I'm too fat to look up the references, but I know the age difference was a bit... much.

Rats! It's the youngest Brown daughter I'm thinking of then, Claudia. She's so pretty and seems so sweet, I'd really like to see her do well in the marriage market.

I was creeping on Fundies, and noticed that Chad Paine's 23 year-old brother Thomas is pretty damn cute. Him and Jana should get to know each other.

OK, thanks for the update. I missed that. Wonder what he does with the rent money?

Saving up for his escape. I know, wishful thinking. Seriously though, he probably gives it to JB.

Saving up for his escape. I know, wishful thinking. Seriously though, he probably gives it to JB.

Yeah, I was wondering if he had to give it to Jim Boob or if he could put it in a "for marriage" acct.

I was creeping on Fundies, and noticed that Chad Paine's 23 year-old brother Thomas is pretty damn cute. Him and Jana should get to know each other.

I'm sure Thomas and Jana have met at all the ATI events. But He got a girlfriend recently, posted about it on his blog.

JD has a towing company. He might be flipping houses to make a profit, or maybe he just bought this one, renovated it, and is renting it out until he can find a bride to put in it.

I get the feeling that Abbi Sanders had a failed courtship. It just seems like her blog posts were leading to something and then complete silence.

Call it wishful thinking but I'm hoping she made a break for it and that's why the blog is dead. I fantasize that she's working as a nanny in some large Northeastern city while taking a few evening classes at the local junior college.

Archived