IGNORED

Courtship Predictions 2014

Daenerys

I am a LONG time lurker. I've enjoyed this board for what seems like forever - thanks to all of you.

But - for my first post in what I hope will be snarky enough to be appreciated - that's assuming Mr. Tebow will actually find a football team to play for!!!! :lol:

ps I'm in Winnipeg Canada - there were big rumours he was going to end up in the Canadian Football League (CFL) when he was bounced by (my) Patriots but we weren't "good" enough for him apparently.

For the record I am predicting it will be John David or Jana. Just not sure who Boob will pick as the sacrificial lamb so to speak.

The wedding will have to be better than the Bates since they are competitive. Like a double wedding. Jana and JD. lol

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think Jana would enjoy being married to a football player. Too much limelight and focus on her, she seems kinda shy.

His football career is over.

His football career is over.

I'm not sure a fundie Patriarch is going to approve of a guy who's been photographed showing off his pecs and posing with shameless Jezebels models and actresses. Too worldly for most fundies.

I predict some of the oldest Roberts kids will court/marry in the next year.

At least one Roberts/Bates courtship.

Andrew Morton/some girl

Sanders Girl/Roberts Boy?

Addie Morton

I get the feeling that Abbi Sanders had a failed courtship. It just seems like her blog posts were leading to something and then complete silence.

I hope, for Adeline's sake, she gets a beau this year.

Although I'd like to see Sarah court, I don't think she'll be the Maxwell with a partner by the end of the year.

I, too, think JD Duggar and Michael would (will?) make a good match. As for the next duggar girl... I think Jana will have a quiet courtship (or may, already) and maybe her parents are respecting her wishes? (I'm in a positively hopeful mood today, obviously.)

Seriously. WHERE ARE YOU SANDERSES? I even read LL's blog to hopefully get a glimpse of the girls sometimes...

Yesssss, it is beyond bizarre at this point.

I had been predicting a courtship between Jana D. and JT, then Tool o' ween occurred, and yeah that is not happening.

I'm going out on a big limb and say Sarah Maxwell and Issac Botkin!

I had been predicting a courtship between Jana D. and JT, then Tool o' ween occurred, and yeah that is not happening.

I'm going out on a big limb and say Sarah Maxwell and Issac Botkin!

I could actually, somehow, picture that.

I don't know how the whole Dougie (is a tool) scandal would play into that. Would Almighty Steve accept someone associated with a fallen ministry?

An Arndt. Any Arndt over the age of 18.

FFS, I sure hope so! That situation looks bleak no matter how you slice it...those "boys" need to live!

I am going to repeat my prediction of Jesse Maxwell (a/k/a The Forgotten Maxwell), even though it won't happen because he doesn't have his own house, but hey, maybe he can just take over Joseph's, which is now 15 months unused and showing no signs of being occupied soon.

I am going to repeat my prediction of Jesse Maxwell (a/k/a The Forgotten Maxwell), even though it won't happen because he doesn't have his own house, but hey, maybe he can just take over Joseph's, which is now 15 months unused and showing no signs of being occupied soon.

I'm going to say Joseph Maxwell. He's got that house and you're right, it has been 15 months now since Liz escaped. Since he didn't give away any pieces of his heart, he should easily be able to go pick out a new bride. I predict she'll be someone more fundie than Liz though.

I also predict that as soon as Mary turns 18 there will be an announcement that she and John Marie are courting. I have never been convinced that he is interested in Anna or Sarah. Poor Sarah will remain single I'm afraid.

I'm going to say Joseph Maxwell. He's got that house and you're right, it has been 15 months now since Liz escaped. Since he didn't give away any pieces of his heart, he should easily be able to go pick out a new bride. I predict she'll be someone more fundie than Liz though.

I also predict that as soon as Mary turns 18 there will be an announcement that she and John Marie are courting. I have never been convinced that he is interested in Anna or Sarah. Poor Sarah will remain single I'm afraid.

Yep, for all their talk about countenance, it's attractiveness that is the main selling point. Mary is by far the prettiest of the girls, and I'm convinced that's why they are going so hard-sell on Anna and how good all her wifely skills are. If they can only sell off 1/3 girls, it doesn't look good...

I agree about Joseph Maxwell, and I think he will choose someone just like NRAnna. I don't think any of the girls will court.

I think there might be another Duggar courtship, and most definitely there will be at least one more Bates courtship.

I'd love to see an Arndt courtship. Like the oldest one with some 19 year old. Preferably one who will give him one hell of a honeymoon. Love to hear how the post about it afterwards--give Gil/Kelly's Sweet Fellowship a run for the money.

I'd love to see an Arndt courtship too, but isn't the oldest approaching his mid-30s? Going after a 19-year-old would be a little creepy!

I'd love to see an Arndt courtship too, but isn't the oldest approaching his mid-30s? Going after a 19-year-old would be a little creepy!

No, he'd be such a "wise, older gentleman." :dance: Such a Godly leader.........

An Arndt courtship would be awesome (not that I think it will happen). I would love to see the type of girl an Arndt would court, and how they go about the courtship process. I think it would be a fairly normal relationship with unchaperoned dates and conversations about things other than favorite Bible verses. Maybe even a kiss or two. She would probably be a mainstream Chrisitan who went to school. Again, not that I think an Arndt courtship would actually happen.

I will once again extend my prediction for Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin, although I'm 0 for 4 now. One of those girls has gotta get married at some point! Who I'd match them up with is a mystery though. I don't think that David Noor is old enough for the Botkin women to consider him a likely match, although I do think that Nawelle Noor will also end up with a Botkin brother. I had always considered a Joshua Phillips/Elizabeth Botkin match likely, but now that's in the toilet. Perhaps a Botkin brother with Scott Brown's last daughter, Blair?

What about Dougie's (is a tool) kids? What will happen to them courtship-wise? Their current courtship standings are down the drain. No one wants them now. Would any fundies want to court them or will they be forced to enter the EBIL CHRISTIAN DATING WORLD?!?!??! :o

I think there was definitely some hinting for both Jana and JD, but I'm not sure who the "lucky" picks would be. We haven't noticed anyone unusual hanging around.

I think JD's the most likely Duggar to court. He bought a house, which shows he's actively trying to prepare for "his next season of life." I could see him with a Query girl or other local yokel. I would love for Jana to court, because I think she desperately wants to be married and get the heck out of Dodge, but if they're trying to highlight her as available fundie bride material, that would imply that she isn't currently courting. Jill's happy doing what she's doing and I could easily see her as (happily) single forever. Jinger and Joseph are too young, I hope they'll wait for a few years. And honestly? I hope Jessa has a broken courtship. She's just not that into him. I hope she's honest with herself about her feelings (or lack thereof) and realizes that she can just say NO.

Maxwells - Joseph has that empty house so I'm sure he's actively seeking a replacement bride. I don't know if Jon Marie is after Anna or Mary, but what's taking so long? If he doesn't meet Steve's standards, no one ever will. (I wonder if Jon Marie has his own house? I'm sure that's a Steve requirement.) Sarah will remain a spinster forever.

I think another Coghlan sister might marry. They can't afford to feed all those mouths with VF closing.

Arndt - No. Those manboys wouldn't know what to do with a wife if they had one.

I suspect another Duggar courtship will be in the works. I seriously doubt a Sarah Maxwell courtship - poor woman. Oh and the Arndt men will remain single too. I wonder if any of the Phillips kids will court. Something tells me Dougie will want Joshua married off so as not to taint him.

Archived