IGNORED

Sunshine Mary's husband throws her under the bus

snuggles911

Today Sunshine Mary's husband responded to one of her posts and it wasn't pretty.

Sunshine wrote about how women are selfish creatures who can't emphasize with their men when they are sick. She offered advice on how to care for sick husbands in this post: sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/11/13/training-women-to-love-their-men-what-to-do-when-he-is-injured-or-ill/

Her husband, Holy Hand Grenade was badly injured in a skiing accident a few years ago and she wants to share what she learned with her readers:

Ladies, if your husband is badly injured or ill, this situation calls for the most serious Girl Game of a woman’s life. I’m hesitant to even call it girl game because I take this issue quite seriously, and I don’t really want any evo-psych armchair philosophizing on such a serious issue. However, there were a few lessons I learned on how to care for an injured husband without making him feel emasculated, usurping his authority, or losing sexual attraction for each other. I’ll share them with you.

Her advice isn't bad, but as one reader noted, she fails to remind women that they must take time take care of themselves while caring for their spouses.

Anyway, Holy Hand Grenade made a rare appearance and felt the need to comment on what she'd written.

When I jacked up my knee skiing, ssm’s reaction was not very different. I informed her that I would be coming home for her to take me to the ER to see what was wrong or if it was broken. I got the distinct impression that she thought I was either lying or trying to purposefully ruin her already settled in evening (i.e. kids in jammies, dinner done). I drove myself to the ER, parked, hobbled in on a broken leg. I caught a taxi home. I even hauled in all my own skiing shit. Guess she edited that part of the story out of her post because it was too long.

This led SSM's long-time fan and leg humper Elspeth to comment:

@ HHG:

Dude… way to throw your wife under the bus.

I’m not gonna judge though. I actually saw my husband’s arm sliced opn from wrist to elbow so there was no way I could be nonchalant about it. If I hadn’t been there, who knows? But I still think I would’ve done right by him either way.

I can't wait to see if Sunshine Mary responds to her husband's comment. Should be interesting.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe that's just part of their fun little relationship.

She tells a story that makes herself look good, he humiliates her in public. Maybe she will grovel next, or protest and get further beaten down.

Wild sex ensues.

:fubar: :puke-front:

Let's see- wife is home (presumably the only adult in the house), with the kids. Husband eff's up leg. Husband wants wife to drop everything and take him to the ER? Dude. That's what an ambulance is for. If you aren't dying, your whole damn family doesn't need to be there waiting for you to get out of the ER.

Every time I've been to the emergency room with a family member, it's taken hours. How many kids do they have, and how old were they at the time? If she had several little ones and no one else to watch them, waiting for hours in the emergency room would have been miserable.

That is not very macho manly of him.

My dad does not proclaim to be a macho man, yet he has cut a stingray barb out of his own leg with a diving knife & then driven home.

I would have told him to ask one of the 37 bajillion women he cheated on me with to drive him to the hospital. But what do I know? I'm just a spinster/elder slut who doesn't even have a man, let alone a man as manly as HHG.

My dad stuck his hand in a table saw, called into the house for my grandfather, then had granddaddy drive him to the ER without telling ANYONE else in the house (kids, wife, MIL) what was going on. The first the rest of us knew of dad being hurt was a call from granddaddy saying "we're in the ER" after they had dad stabilized.

THAT is a real man.

Whining that she didn't wake up how ever many dozen kids and drag them to the ER? That's NOT a man.

When your husband takes the time to publicly humiliate you, you should accept the fact that your entire relationship is unhealthy and stop giving out marital advice.

Maybe that's just part of their fun little relationship.

She tells a story that makes herself look good, he humiliates her in public. Maybe she will grovel next, or protest and get further beaten down.

Wild sex ensues.

:fubar: :puke-front:

Yep, here she says

In short, I was a horrible, selfish, no-empathy-having, self-centered bitch. Does this surprise you? It shouldn’t. And I’ve been pretty clear about the fact that I am just a sin-sick, given to rebellion and in need of God’s grace as any other woman.

And later:

By the way, HHG is entirely amused by this whole thing. His comment to me after I got to church, pulled out my phone, and read his comment here was, “You’ve got a really good handle on my sins and have done a fine job cataloging them for your readers. I just figured it was only fair to share a few of yours in the interest of the common good.†Gee, thanks honey. lol

What a wonderful relationship :shifty-kitty:

Eh, I dunno. If I thought my husband had broken his leg I would be worried sick. SSM's reaction would have upset me if I were her husband.

But then again, I'm a big old elderslut feminist and I'm way fucking nicer to my husband than SSM is to hers. Those two really don't seem like they even enjoy each other's company. Much less have romantic affection for one another.

SSM and HHG can talk shit about banging like gorillas all they want, they are never going to convince me that they have anything even marginally resembling a functional relationship.

It's so gross how SSM and HHG have to play out their humiliation sexual fantasies out in front of a large internet audience.

And even if we can assume that there is no sexual component to that little exchange, what happened to the fundie ideal that a couple has a united front in public?

I lose respect for any man who humiliates his wife, even if he's right. I also lose respect for a women who humiliates her husband. C'mon people, it reflects poorly on everyone to air your dirty laundry publicly.

Edited for subject verb agreement. Oops!

God DAMN. I am cringing just thinking about a hand in a table saw. :pink-shock:

It was pretty bad. He didn't lose any fingers, but he lost a *lot* of mobility on his left hand. It's just such a contrast to Dougie "I wanted her to wake the kids and drag them to the ER..."

As it was, we kids (all under 10) didn't get to see dad for a few days and everyone worked really hard to keep us from being too afraid and affected by it.

I lose respect for any man who humiliates his wife, even if he's right. I also lose respect for women who humiliates her husband. C'mon people, it reflects poorly on everyone to air your dirty laundry publicly.

I can't even imagine degrading the SO in public. Argue? Disagree? Snark? Sure. (One of the most common things people tell us when they meet us is "I really like watching you two argue with each other." But all those "arguments" come from a deep respect and different opinions about issues.) Degrading? H E double hockey sticks NO. Not in a million years.

He sounds like a jerkwad. Posting that comment is a way of calling her a lying witch in front of everyone. He's not even trying to be funny mean, he's being plain mean. I have little sympathy for her, though. She's awful.

When my husband was injured at work, he wouldn't even let his workplace tell anyone I didn't find out until he called me at 7 that evening. I was wondering where he was, just starting to get a little worried.

Another time he had to go to the ER, he came home to get me first--so that I could visit my dad in the hospital while he got stitches. I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which he would be complaining that I wouldn't take him to the hospital. That would never happen, though, because I would be there immediately if he needed me.

I have to agree that him calling SSM out like that was nasty. Besides according to them he supposedly forgave her for that long ago. If that is true why drag her through the mud like that? If he was upset about her leaving out part of the story or whatever he could have told her face to face. Not come out and publically throw her under the bus like he did. Don't get me wrong I am no fan of ssm's but I think even she deserves a little more respect then that from her own husband.

If that were my partner, I would desperately want to go with them for support. Screw dinner. I'd want to drop the kids off at a friend of family member's home though. I think they're both horrible. I'm disgusted by people who publicly humiliate their SOs. It's not okay, it's not cute, it's not endearing, it's not excusable. }

I liked the comment that he should have called one of the women he cheated with though!

Wait, didn't SSM (along with other fundie wives) talk about how women should *never* complain about their husbands to others? They say it's unsubmissive or whatever to talk complain of one's husband outside of a marriage. Then how is it ok for the husband to humiliate his wife in public like that? I mean, HHG's jibe isn't even just speaking in confidence to a few friends. He went onto her blog and publicly denounced her. Seems this respect thing is really one-sided. I wonder if HHG realizes that it's not manly to talk about how manly you were to drag your broken leg to the ER. Yes, it sounds painful and brave, but it doesn't make you look good to post it this point.

The relationship between SSM and HHG is just so odd. One one hand, the two seem made for each other. She a self-hating woman, he a douchy misogynist who can't get over himself. OTOH, I kind of feel bad for SSM. She likes to pretend that her marriage is wonderful but can anyone envy her life? My husband has many flaws but he would never seek to put me down in public. He also tries to be thoughtful of my emotional needs and praises me for what I contribute to the marriage. Does SSM still pity me for marrying such a "feminized", "beta" man? (Oh hey, he also doesn't toss his pager at nurses!). What's the point of all that alpha posturing if the man just cheats on me, publicly humiliates me and treats me with such contempt? Remind me again how is HHG such a catch? From where I'm standing, my husband (and your average Joe off the street) is about a thousand times better husband material than HHG.

Picture this in your minds....

Thankfully we did not have this issue when HHG was injured, but if we had, I think I would have winked at him, and said, “Lucky for you that you can’t get it up, because I wasn’t planning on letting you do that to me anyway.†And then I would have done the absolute sluttiest, most drawn out strip tease ever. And then told him to get some rest now while he can because once he’s better and off the meds, he won’t be getting much sleep.

:ew:

Yikes. There's a load of comments she and HHG left on her blog last night. She's confessed to being an awful wife b/c for reacting the way she did when he asked her to bring him to the ER.

What's really sad, heartbreaking actually, is that he made a recording of her asking for his forgiveness and posted it.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1iKW4L88STA

Audio of SSM apologizing and me forgiving her.

I didn't break the link since it bypasses her blog and takes you straight to the recording. They sound like two normal people. I expected her to sound shrill and him to sound gruff, but they don't.

When I jacked up my knee skiing, ssm’s reaction was not very different. I informed her that I would be coming home for her to take me to the ER to see what was wrong or if it was broken. I got the distinct impression that she thought I was either lying or trying to purposefully ruin her already settled in evening (i.e. kids in jammies, dinner done). I drove myself to the ER, parked, hobbled in on a broken leg. I caught a taxi home. I even hauled in all my own skiing shit. Guess she edited that part of the story out of her post because it was too long.

So wait, did he drive himself home so she could drive him to the ER? Why didn't he just go straight there?

And if he could take a taxi home, why not take a taxi there? An ambulance does seem a bit overkill for a broken leg.

Yikes. There's a load of comments she and HHG left on her blog last night. She's confessed to being an awful wife b/c for reacting the way she did when he asked her to bring him to the ER.

What's really sad, heartbreaking actually, is that he made a recording of her asking for his forgiveness and posted it.

I didn't break the link since it bypasses her blog and takes you straight to the recording. They sound like two normal people. I expected her to sound shrill and him to sound gruff, but they don't.

They are both terrible people, but I quite like their accents.

I don't think they have a happy marriage, as much as they pretend they do, from SSM's stories, he is a dick to her all the time. He is selfish, cheats on her and doesn't support her at all. It also sounds like she is passive aggressively telling everyone how horrible he is, and that she only puts up with him because of her personal beliefs on divorce.

Archived