IGNORED

The honeymooners are back from Ireland.

Justme

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know what song erin and chad sang at their wedding?

Channels only.

There was a short clip recorded but TLC asked the poster to remove it till the special is aired

Does anyone know what song erin and chad sang at their wedding?

What is it with fundies singing at their own weddings? I sing professionally and the idea of singing at my wedding was a mortifying thought... As though there wasn't enough attention on me as it was, I couldn't imagine bursting into song in yet another "look at me" moment. I have been to several weddings of singer friends and none of them have done this, either. I find it incredibly tacky.

Just want to point out one thing in terms of some people thinking it helps fundies (esp. young ones) to travel to places like Ireland and get exposed to new cultures and ideas and the big world and have it open their minds - we know well enough from the Duggars that when they're traveling around they do it in a very judge-y way, within the framework that everyone else does stuff in a heathen way and they do it all better. The exotic is always weird and "different" (a non-neutral use of the word) and it never seems to open up those closed minds as much as it should. If they see something unsavory they'll think it's just that, and not dig deeper to figure out the culture. Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I think it's expecting too much of these people.

Just want to point out one thing in terms of some people thinking it helps fundies (esp. young ones) to travel to places like Ireland and get exposed to new cultures and ideas and the big world and have it open their minds - we know well enough from the Duggars that when they're traveling around they do it in a very judge-y way, within the framework that everyone else does stuff in a heathen way and they do it all better. The exotic is always weird and "different" (a non-neutral use of the word) and it never seems to open up those closed minds as much as it should. If they see something unsavory they'll think it's just that, and not dig deeper to figure out the culture. Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I think it's expecting too much of these people.

Yeah, let's not forget this is Erin "Green-Hair-Hater" Bates we're talking about, here. Of course, she might end up not being judgy, but that's doubtful.

I think you have an excellent point. However, I think traveling might benefit those who are on or closer to the fence on all things fundie. I doubt it would change J'chelle or b00B's minds as they have gained a lot from being closed minded bigots, but perhaps one of the younger kids might benefit knowing that not everyone thinks or acts like a Duggar and it is OK to not believe the exact same things as your parents.

But....9 year old Jackson could have gotten enthralled by Sumo or Johanna in Geisha culture in Japan.

Problem is:

No adults or older siblings with any intellectual curiosity themselves, much less interest encouraging it in the younger children.

No access to books, media, teachers, etc.

And to top it questioning is so not encouraged anyway.

And soon they repeat the insular, closed mindset.

I'd have had more fun in Ireland if I hadn't been drinking.

Totally OT, but did you know there are bathroom facilities between baggage claim and immigration!?

But....snip Problem is: No adults or older siblings with any intellectual curiosity themselves, much less interest encouraging it in the younger children. snip

I agree and add the other problem is they stamp out any natural curiosity and questioning in every child they get their hands on. Baby wants to explore the house....blanket train. Child wants to read when mom or dad wants him to obey....hit him with plumbing line. Young woman wants some independence...send them to Journey to the Heart. The entire fundie culture absolutely depends on never ever questioning anything. If anyone opens their eyes and looks around...well they might see things as they really are. It is all obey or burn in hell. IMO it all stems from the God they believe in. That God specifically did not want his first followers to eat from the tree of knowledge and when they did he kicked only them but all the animals out of paradise. It is easy to see why fundies would extrapolate this story to mean that one question could lead to the downfall of everyone and everything.

edited because "the" and "that" are not the same thing

Being huffy and critical ARE fun for them. I am sure they had an enjoyable time thinking about how the polytheist, not really Christian idol worshippers were all going t o he'll. Perhaps they had a Gothard tote bag to witness to the pagans.

Archived