IGNORED

The honeymooners are back from Ireland.

Justme

Kelly said they came back on 11/11 and are busy unpacking boxes in their new home. Maybe we'll see some pictures soon. She probably wanted to wait to go over them with Erin before posting any.

In the comments of the courting post, she also said they "bartered" for many wedding good's.

She also said they haven't been contacted by TLC for Zach's wedding and that their old producer was going to be filming. (I interpret that as a gift for the couple.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm dead curious of what they thought of Ireland. The cities are far more progressive and European than they probably imagine, and plus it's full of Catholics.

Anyways, drinking in Ireland is 80% of the fun! I hope they gave up the "no drinking" thing at least...to miss going to the pub is missing out a huge part of the cultural landscape.

I'm dead curious of what they thought of Ireland. The cities are far more progressive and European than they probably imagine, and plus it's full of Catholics.

Anyways, drinking in Ireland is 80% of the fun! I hope they gave up the "no drinking" thing at least...to miss going to the pub is missing out a huge part of the cultural landscape.

You jest, right?

I don't know how fundies can even enjoy traveling. They must be so busy judging, being offended, feeling defrauded, avoiding "sinful" things, etc. I guess it gives them a whole new set of opportunities to feel superior, though.

I totally hope Erin and Chad snuck a beer, but I can't imagine it at all. Zach and Whitney, definitely, but not those two.

You jest, right?

Wishful thinking :( Not that you can't have fun without drinking, but the pub culture is a major part of the experience. And the language, I might add would be quite colorful!

Yeah, I agree. Pub culture is a massive part of Irish culture (well, and English/Scottish/Welsh, too). I can't imagine visiting Ireland and not going to a pub.

I if they went to any of the old Cathedrals or monostaries while they were there - also a huge part of Irish heritage.

Yeah, I agree. Pub culture is a massive part of Irish culture (well, and English/Scottish/Welsh, too). I can't imagine visiting Ireland and not going to a pub.

I if they went to any of the old Cathedrals or monostaries while they were there - also a huge part of Irish heritage.

I'm guessing that is probably what they did more of? The Book of Kells is totally worth seeing, Glendalough, etc (I've not traveled a lot outside of Dublin or Belfast but I'm sure there is a lot to do outside of there).

I'm just thinking of some of the nicknames the monuments in Dublin are called. The spire is "The Erection at the Intersection" and the Molly Malone statue is the "Tart with the Cart" lol. I'm wondering if Erin and Chad had the opportunity to learn them?

I hope as travel tends to do it opens their eyes a bit and they embraced the 'differences' they experienced, rather than see them through their own rather narrow view of the world.

Weather has been shocking all over the UK, I would imagine even they would know to expect plenty rain in the Emerald Isle :lol:

I'm guessing that is probably what they did more of? The Book of Kells is totally worth seeing, Glendalough, etc (I've not traveled a lot outside of Dublin or Belfast but I'm sure there is a lot to do outside of there).

I'm just thinking of some of the nicknames the monuments in Dublin are called. The spire is "The Erection at the Intersection" and the Molly Malone statue is the "Tart with the Cart" lol. I'm wondering if Erin and Chad had the opportunity to learn them?

You don't think they'd see something like the Book of Kells as Catholic and this evil? Or would they just ignore that part and put their own spin on it?

I would love to see them next to the Molly Malone statue - that'd be hilarious, because that statue is totally defrauding the mens with her ample cleavage.

My favorite part of my visit to Dublin was the Guinness Brewery museum - just a lot of interesting stuff there about beer making, and it's all done in this great multi-media style that engages all of your senses. You even get a free beer at the end. I don't even like Guinness and loved the tour.

But I doubt they'd do that, sadly.

I have a very hard time imagining our over coifed southern fundie princess wrangling 3 under 4's .Just does not jive. Same with Jessa-from what we have seen that girl seems to not have a maternal bone in her body.

I have a very hard time imagining our over coifed southern fundie princess wrangling 3 under 4's .Just does not jive.

Wanna see what that looks like? Look at Kelly Bradrick.

And I also want to know what they thought of the aspects of Irish culture that they would disdain in the US.

Wanna see what that looks like? Look at Kelly Bradrick.

Yep. As I have always said, Kelly Bradrick has achieved what is touted as the ideal role for a fundie woman, yet it's obvious she is totally miserable not to mention the health risks she has endured in achieving this ideal. I hope Erin has paid some attention because I can't see her being all that happy with a bunch of kids in quick succession and a life of total drudgery. I get the feeling she has skated by not doing as much of the work at home so in any case she's in for a big surprise. Right now it's all new and exciting but wait until the babies show up......

Kelly said they came back on 11/11 and are busy unpacking boxes in their new home. Maybe we'll see some pictures soon. She probably wanted to wait to go over them with Erin before posting any.

In the comments of the courting post, she also said they "bartered" for many wedding good's.

She also said they haven't been contacted by TLC for Zach's wedding and that their old producer was going to be filming. (I interpret that as a gift for the couple.)

Bartered for wedding goods? Does this mean we are going to get a VSE-Chad and Erin's Irish Honeymoon?

I hope Erins not pregnant already.

I doubt it'll take long...a few months maybe. Her mom was extremely fertile, they don't believe in birth control, I'm sure both families are looking forward to grandchildren, Gothard would approve, etc. I can see her happy with kids, though I don't remember reading anything about her looking forward to them.

Would she be allowed to attend Clown College if she was visibly pregnant? Wouldn't that defraud the psyche of the fragile male students?

I have a very hard time imagining our over coifed southern fundie princess wrangling 3 under 4's .Just does not jive. Same with Jessa-from what we have seen that girl seems to not have a maternal bone in her body.

Neither does her mother, but that didn't stop her from having 19 of them.

I have always felt that Erin is a very emotionally fragile person. Easily upset, not resilient, etc. I got this impression after watching a show that featured the Bates (I can't remember the name). It showed the family while it was on the road during a storm. They were in a hotel and unable to travel any further. They had already checked out, but the hotel kindly let them hang around in the lobby area till it was safe to travel.

Anyhow, the Bates are all at this hotel, and though it is a rather anxious time, the family is in no immediate danger. Despite this, Erin starts crying and clinging to her dad. She is scared and anxious and needs lots of attention. She's about 19 years old at the time. Meanwhile, the other older girls are tending to the little ones, helping their parents, basically acting like young adults. And Erin is freaking out.After I saw that, I felt that perhaps Erin was not as emotionally strong as she should be.

I have always felt that Erin is a very emotionally fragile person. Easily upset, not resilient, etc. I got this impression after watching a show that featured the Bates (I can't remember the name). It showed the family while it was on the road during a storm. They were in a hotel and unable to travel any further. They had already checked out, but the hotel kindly let them hang around in the lobby area till it was safe to travel.

Anyhow, the Bates are all at this hotel, and though it is a rather anxious time, the family is in no immediate danger. Despite this, Erin starts crying and clinging to her dad. She is scared and anxious and needs lots of attention. She's about 19 years old at the time. Meanwhile, the other older girls are tending to the little ones, helping their parents, basically acting like young adults. And Erin is freaking out.After I saw that, I felt that perhaps Erin was not as emotionally strong as she should be.

that scene had always stuck with me too. I guess you are nicer than I am to say she is not "emotionally strong". I just thought she was a selfish drama queen. her being upset was upsetting the younger ones and thereby causing more work for the others. you're 19, get your shit together and help out instead of causing more problems.

Yep. As I have always said, Kelly Bradrick has achieved what is touted as the ideal role for a fundie woman, yet it's obvious she is totally miserable not to mention the health risks she has endured in achieving this ideal. I hope Erin has paid some attention because I can't see her being all that happy with a bunch of kids in quick succession and a life of total drudgery. I get the feeling she has skated by not doing as much of the work at home so in any case she's in for a big surprise. Right now it's all new and exciting but wait until the babies show up......

Ok I have been wondering for weeks now. Where are photos of Kelly B, pre marriage and now? I can't find her blog :(

Archived