IGNORED

The Arndt Cycle Continues

BigSandy

After some deliberation, I have come to the conclusions that:

1) The Arndts are the creepiest fundies to me

2) If none of them get married off and the parents get old and die, I can see a suicide cult happening

Here's a recap of a recent conversation between Seth and David.

David was just complaining to me, asking why they call it permanent hair dye when it’s not really permanent. “Well,†I said, “they call them permanent markers even though they don’t last for an eternity.†He replied with, “Yeah, they do, don’t they?â€

Seems innocuous enough. Until you realize that Seth is about 22 and David around 10 - 11. Why is young David complaining about hair dye of all things? Why is Seth ready with an answer about pens and more importantly, why was this random exchange considered important enough to blog about in between Daddy's bible verses?

It's the little things that make the Arndts seem so odd. And the fact that on the surface they can appear to be fairly normal. But scratch that dull surface just a bit, and all kinds of strange stuff bubbles up.

Eh, I've had conversations like that with kids that age. David's comments sound like something a kid that age would ask, and Seth's response is meant to get David to understand that permanent doesn't always mean for ever and ever.

Now if Seth was asking about permanent hair dye...

It is an odd conversation to relate on their blog, though.

After some deliberation, I have come to the conclusions that:

1) The Arndts are the creepiest fundies to me

There is definitely something going on with that bunch. There's some unhealthy dynamic on that's keeping all those young men still at home, with no girlfriends much less wives in the picture, playing with penguins and doing weird videos. These are adults, with jobs and skills who could leave home but haven't. Mom and Dad are too involved for adult kids; their level of involvement is more appropriate for very young children and it appears Cathy and Rick really never adjusted their parenting as kids got older. It's very cultlike and it gets me because I experienced some of this in my upbringing (reading about the Maxwells does the same).

There is definitely something going on with that bunch. There's some unhealthy dynamic on that's keeping all those young men still at home, with no girlfriends much less wives in the picture, playing with penguins and doing weird videos. These are adults, with jobs and skills who could leave home but haven't. Mom and Dad are too involved for adult kids; their level of involvement is more appropriate for very young children and it appears Cathy and Rick really never adjusted their parenting as kids got older. It's very cultlike and it gets me because I experienced some of this in my upbringing (reading about the Maxwells does the same).

Does anyone remember that post that one of the older boys wrote that said something like "Sometimes I can't believe I'm in this great family, truly the best around." He was talking like he lived with 13 Jesuses or something. It almost reminded me of American Beauty, that quote from the bag guy: "Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in." Except the Arndt was saying it about his family in a very, VERY scary, culty way.

Does anyone remember that post that one of the older boys wrote that said something like "Sometimes I can't believe I'm in this great family, truly the best around." He was talking like he lived with 13 Jesuses or something. It almost reminded me of American Beauty, that quote from the bag guy: "Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in." Except the Arndt was saying it about his family in a very, VERY scary, culty way.

Yes, I remember that, that was part of Luke's Diary. I think he mentioned that his family is "the best of the best" and he can't believe how fortunate he is that GOD put him in this family. :roll:

Did anyone check out the recent video they posted. I noticed that Mama Arndt had her hand on Caleb's stomach during his wisdom teeth surgery. :roll: She really has a "stomach fetish" with all her sons, lol!

Did anyone check out the recent video they posted. I noticed that Mama Arndt had her hand on Caleb's stomach during his wisdom teeth surgery. :roll: She really has a "stomach fetish" with all her sons, lol!

eeeeeew hahaha :disgust:

Found it:

famteam.com/luke/2009/06/the-best-of-the-best/

One thing I just can’t quite fully understand is why exactly I get to be a part of this family.

The family that I have and the life I get to live — I am so privileged to be in this spot, and it kind of hurts my head to try to figure out just why I get to be involved. I mean, I feel like I was born into royalty.

:shock:

I have to admit that I find the Arnts fascinating because of the number of adult sons who live with. Then I wonder what it would be like if the genders were reversed and they had one boy and all girls.

I have to admit that I find the Arnts fascinating because of the number of adult sons who live with. Then I wonder what it would be like if the genders were reversed and they had one boy and all girls.

Maybe it would be like the Seven Sisters but without frumpers and head coverings?

I think there is some repressed homosexuality going on in that family. Luke and John have always given off a strong gay vibe to me.

It doesn't matter though as no one, hetero or otherwise, will ever proceed into anything resembling a relationship. They will all die of old age... elderly men clutching their penguins and softball gloves. "Safe At Home" tucked away in their bunk beds. I wonder if they'll film each death so that all of their "fans" (both of them) can watch. :violin:

They do have a weird vibe, don't they? I look forward to my kids growing up and possibly having families of their own.

My son is planning on going to Notre Dame and my daughter wants to be a pediatric dentist. I can't wait to see them accomplish their goals.

Keep them at home - no way. It wouldn't be fair to them.

The Maxwells and Ardnt's don't know what they are missing by brain washing their children to want to stay at home.

These people remind me of a family that used to be pretty big in the ATI circles - they were pretty much held up by everyone as The Example. They did all the Russian missionary trips, the IBLP stuff, they had their touring brothers quartet (which was AWFUL, btw)...I always thought they were squicky and weird and they were the most determined and obnoxious flirts ever. Plus they had this weird obsession with their mommy. Like she was the family princess (all boys).

Turns out...one or more of them was a major sexual predator, preying on young (from what I heard, under 10) girls. He is now in jail (or may have been released by this point...he was jailed several years ago). A huge part of this is because their mother brainwashed them into believing that older girls were out to seduce and defraud them and that they should be avoided at all costs...They were so utterly twisted. I have sort of lost touch with what happened to the others, except I think two of them are not really in with the mother because they called out pedophile bro. The mother made excuses and was basically totally in denial.

Also - I have been to weddings where they were there and their antics were SO MUCH like what the Duggars do - ridiculous stunts and attempts to make someone else's wedding ALL ABOUT THEM. It was super embarrassing.

But yeah, any time I see a family with lots of boys who are in their 20's and still happily living at home acting like princess charming will just drop in their lap one day....it raises HUGE warning flags for mommy issues.

Wait... Are you talking about the Denton Brothers?!? If so, I had no idea! Which brother was it?

Wait... Are you talking about the Denton Brothers?!? If so, I had no idea! Which brother was it?

I have some vague memory about hearing about some sort of scandal like EFF mention but I don't know any details. I'm not surprised that some of the big ATI families are really messed up.

Yep - the Denton Brothers...the internet is shockingly sparse on details of what happened, but it was Christopher.

This family just confuses me so much. They dress pretty normal, they play sports, they work out at that Y, the kids even play video games that my own son plays but I just don't get the infantile way they treat their children.

These guys may work out at the Y, but they will never eat at the Y. 8-)

Archived