IGNORED

Raquel needs $2,000

love2scrap

So she is going to Peru to work with abandoned boys some who are in their mid-twenties? She is going to flirt like crazy with them. And only Raquel would find "mission work" where she was working with guys.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it so offensive when Protestants head to predominantly Catholic countries and try to convert people. Hello?! Most people in Peru are already Christians. They don't need or want to be converted.

I find it so offensive when Protestants head to predominantly Catholic countries and try to convert people. Hello?! Most people in Peru are already Christians. They don't need or want to be converted.

But they're not the right kind of Christians, dontcha know. :penguin-no:

Fundies can never quite grasp that without the catholic/orthodox church they themselves would not exist as a church.

OT: What is it with essential oils and fundies? I keep reading about thieves oil on various blogs and FB pages.

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2013/10/everyday-blessings-15.html

>> getting my own Young Living Everyday Oils kit

OT: What is it with essential oils and fundies? I keep reading about thieves oil on various blogs and FB pages.

that's some scam. Raquel is an idiot.

You guys, I just had an epiphany. Raquel is JUST like Farrah Abraham of 16 and Preg and Teen Mom. Whenever someone calls her out for being a brat, she ignores them/tells them they're wrong. Farrah is the worst. I feel like a genius, how did I not recognize this before?

OMG, we should maybe start a separate thread on this, but yes... what is the deal??? I am FB friends with an old college sorority sister who is on the conservative-but-not-reactionary end of things and she has turned into a Young Living saleswoman/ testimonial machine/ kool-aid drinker in the past year. Apparently this stuff cures everything from colds to ADHD to depression to stomach aches...

Why can't she move in with some relatives for a year or two, and do some "real" work in Peru?

That would presume she had any skills at all to offer them. I'm no great fan of teenagers going to somewhere less well-off than their global northern country and putting in unskilled labour (it's not like there is a need for unskilled labourers in most place they tend to go) but she doesn't even have the work ethic to do that.

She doesn't even have a mind open enough to learn anything if she did go.

Hey guys, I'm going on a mission's (sic) trip to the French Riviera. I plan to spend a lot of time sharing my testimony while on the beach. I'll probably drink a lot of wine because Communion. I need your love offerings or this trip won't be fun a blessing to people. I think God has probably laid it on your heart to pay for my vacation selfless endeavor. Blessings!!!!!1eleventy

Of all the things the fundies are into, I find the oils the most bewildering.

I own (well, I AM) a company that makes essential oil blends and sells them through stores in the US and Canada. I buy the essential oils through a trusted wholesaler and honestly, it's late, I'm a just link you to a blog posts that lay the crackdown on these pyramid schemes:

quadrivium-supplies.com/blog/multi-level-marketing-scams

And

quadrivium-supplies.com/blog/caveat-emptor

You all joke, but I have seriously seen people asking for money to fund a [link=http://www.inspirationcruises.com/christian-cruises/cruise-with-a-cause-2014]Caribbean missions cruise.[/link] Or there were some people soliciting funds so they could do prayer walks around various foreign cities. Not even interacting with actual people (probably a good thing, actually), just walking around and praying.

This stuff is a serious pet peeve with me. :lol:

Hey guys, I'm going on a mission's (sic) trip to the French Riviera. I plan to spend a lot of time sharing my testimony while on the beach. I'll probably drink a lot of wine because Communion. I need your love offerings or this trip won't be fun a blessing to people. I think God has probably laid it on your heart to pay for my vacation selfless endeavor. Blessings!!!!!1eleventy

Because, going to France or England as a missionary makes sense to whom?

missions-trip.com/mission-trip-detail/tid/451.htm

Title:

Exciting misisons trips to France!

Description:

The Bruay-la-Buissière church (northern France) is mobilising for a week of evangelism in their community. They would love to have your help! Come and work side by side with French believers, taking the gospel out into the streets.

shorttermmissions.com/trips/6811/?STM=c18f01f54374ea7e4147ea643f227357

Work with local churches in London. Partner with them as they reach out to the many communities across the capital city of England.

A variety of opportunities exist, from ministry to children, youth and adults. Take part in evangelistic outreaches, share in school assemblies, visit the elderly. Share Christ to the many ethnic minority groups that live in London.

See the world famous sights of Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, St. Pauls Cathedral and Tower Bridge, to name a few.

Rich Mormons like the Osmonds and the Romneys. Both those families have had more than one son go to France on a mission.

missions-trip.com/mission-trip-detail/tid/451.htm

Title:

Exciting misisons trips to France!

Description:

The Bruay-la-Buissière church (northern France) is mobilising for a week of evangelism in their community. They would love to have your help! Come and work side by side with French believers, taking the gospel out into the streets.

shorttermmissions.com/trips/6811/?STM=c18f01f54374ea7e4147ea643f227357

Work with local churches in London. Partner with them as they reach out to the many communities across the capital city of England.

A variety of opportunities exist, from ministry to children, youth and adults. Take part in evangelistic outreaches, share in school assemblies, visit the elderly. Share Christ to the many ethnic minority groups that live in London.

See the world famous sights of Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, St. Pauls Cathedral and Tower Bridge, to name a few.

God's purposed to lay it on my heart that I need to see the sights but skip the evangelism. Praise the Lawd and Open Yer Wallet!

:super special:

Rich Mormons like the Osmonds and the Romneys. Both those families have had more than one son go to France on a mission.

They tried to tell me they would be my long haired lover from Liverpool. Scarred me for life that did.

I need to go on a mission trip to the US next year. I'm invited to an ebul gay wedding, and clearly Jesus wants me to go. Not see my old friends again, NO! To turn this lesbian couple into non-lesbians, and maybe find them some menz to marry after a 2-day courtship or something. Clearly, other people need to pay for this trip. I mean really.

My sister had a mormon boyfriend in high school. His mission was to Northern Ireland in the mid-1980s because as my dad said at the time "What they need in NI right now is more religion!"

That would presume she had any skills at all to offer them. I'm no great fan of teenagers going to somewhere less well-off than their global northern country and putting in unskilled labour (it's not like there is a need for unskilled labourers in most place they tend to go) but she doesn't even have the work ethic to do that.

She doesn't even have a mind open enough to learn anything if she did go.

I call it "poverty tourism." She's going to go to Peru, look at the poor people, maybe pass out candy, toys, and Bibles, and then come home smug and self-satisfied that she went on a "mission" and feel "grateful" that she's got it so much better materially than those "poor people." She's going for, what, a week and a half? Nothing substantial can be accomplished in 10 days. Hell, people who've been living in countries for *years* are struggling to accomplish substantial work for the people they serve.

If you couldn't tell, this kind of poverty tourism makes my blood boil. Stay home and give the money and time to local efforts; that's a much better use of both. :angry-banghead:

My sister had a mormon boyfriend in high school. His mission was to Northern Ireland in the mid-1980s because as my dad said at the time "What they need in NI right now is more religion!"

Well, it might have united Protestants and Catholics in total bemusement that someone was THERE WHO DIDN'T HAVE TO BE.

Seriously, my Irish cousins used to send their kids to Chicago for the summer to get away from The Troubles. I was pretty well-versed in Irish politics (and nationalism) by the time I was eight or nine, thanks to visitors and houseguests.

Well, it might have united Protestants and Catholics in total bemusement that someone was THERE WHO DIDN'T HAVE TO BE.

Seriously, my Irish cousins used to send their kids to Chicago for the summer to get away from The Troubles. I was pretty well-versed in Irish politics (and nationalism) by the time I was eight or nine, thanks to visitors and houseguests.

Wow. I don't now what's more insane. Going to the north during The Troubles voluntarily or going voluntarily because they needed more religion. Wow. My mind is going to be blown all day by this.

Per Ask FM Raquel is going to be working in an orphanage. Why? What can she do that will be so valuable to the orphans? Is she a nurse? Teacher? Social worker? I know others have wondered what skills she possesses, and it's clear she lacks any skills to make a meaningful contribution to the people of Peru. She also claims per Ask FM that she won't be seeking to convert anyone. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Per Ask FM Raquel is going to be working in an orphanage. Why? What can she do that will be so valuable to the orphans? Is she a nurse? Teacher? Social worker? I know others have wondered what skills she possesses, and it's clear she lacks any skills to make a meaningful contribution to the people of Peru. She also claims per Ask FM that she won't be seeking to convert anyone. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

She could send her donations over. Orphanages need money for food, clothing, toys exc. They need that more then someone coming over and playing with kids for a few days. It will also be a lasting contribution.

Archived