IGNORED

SSM: Feminists and gay men want you to cut your hair

snuggles911

If you want to attract a man, or keep your husband's attention, don't even think about cutting your hair. Sunshine Mary offers this warning in her latest post: sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/ladies-it-is-older-women-gay-men-and-feminists-who-tell-you-its-great-to-cut-your-hair-short-what-conclusion-can-you-draw-from-that/

Notice that this is an older woman encouraging young women to chop off their hair. You know who else often tries to slickly talk women into chopping off their hair, in addition to feminists and older women? Gay men.

It's obvious that ALL men prefer long hair. Just read a few manosphere blogs, gun-rights blogs, or even male feminist blogs, according to Sunshine Mary.

Look, I don’t care what you do with your hair. No one else cares what women in general do with their hair either. It’s her head, it’s her choice, and she can cut her hair short if she really wants to. But what women don’t get to do is dictate that all men shall now find short-haired females attractive because virtually none of them do.

She leaves her readers with this gem:

Here is a bit of honest advice, lurking female readers:

Single girls: don’t cut your hair short if you want to attract a man to marry.

Married ladies: don’t cut your hair short once you’ve hooked a man and he’s stuck with you.

Anyone who tells you that women look great with short hair almost certainly has an ulterior motive and not your best interests in mind.

With more than 100 comments, all of her readers agree with her except for a poor woman named Ashley who Sunshine and her fan boys have accused of being a feminist troll.

Personally I think if a woman wants to cut her hair she should cut her hair, I mean she is the one that has to deal with it. I do think that the super short cuts do not look that good on most women. Some can sorta pull it off though. At the same time however long flowing locks don't work for quite a few women either. You either have to naturally have hair that looks like it came out of a hair commercial or spend a lot of time on it. Personally I neither have the hair or the time so I keep mine at around shoulder length or a little bit shorter. In my personal opinion I think this is a length that really works for a lot of women. But of course it can all vary depending on the women. Also I think age can be a big factor too. I mean those girls she pictured in her OP might look great with long hair now but in 30 years will hair that long look good? maybe not.

My grandmother-in-law has always said that her hair wouldn't grow past her shoulders not matter how hard she tried to grow it out. Nanna is now in her mid-90s and has always had the most gorgeous, glorious white hair

Look, I don’t care what you do with your hair. No one else cares what women in general do with their hair either. It’s her head, it’s her choice, and she can cut her hair short if she really wants to. But what women don’t get to do is dictate that all men shall now find short-haired females attractive because virtually none of them do.

Once again, SSM shows how fulfilled and happy she is in her own life by harping on the trivial choices of other women.

Well, maybe some of us don't give two shits what men like. My husband prefers my hair long. When we met, it was down almost to my waist, and my braid is as thick as my wrist. Do you know how heavy that much hair is? When we moved to California, it was summer, and I felt like I was dying of heatstroke, so 24 inches of wavy red hair went to locks of love. Now that he's promised me we can move back, I've decided to grow it out again, but that's my decision, not his. If men like long hair so much, let them grow their own hair out.

So how the fuck goes Shitstain Mary & leghumping basement dweller´s Cousin Itt fetish along with their constant wanking about the 40s/50s being the "era of superfeminine women"? Because back then, SHORT HAIR WAS ALL SUPER - FASHIONABLE!? :think:

Ironically I have been told by both gay men and straight men alike I should cut my hair short so I look more like a lesbian is supposed to look. Almost waist length hair (according to men) apparently doesn't attract lesbians.

SSM Is just the most obviously miserable blogger online who isn't named Sarah Maxwell.

If you want to attract a man, or keep your husband's attention, don't even think about cutting your hair. Sunshine Mary offers this warning in her latest post: sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/ladies-it-is-older-women-gay-men-and-feminists-who-tell-you-its-great-to-cut-your-hair-short-what-conclusion-can-you-draw-from-that/

It's obvious that ALL men prefer long hair. Just read a few manosphere blogs, gun-rights blogs, or even male feminist blogs, according to Sunshine Mary.

She leaves her readers with this gem:

With more than 100 comments, all of her readers agree with her except for a poor woman named Ashley who Sunshine and her fan boys have accused of being a feminist troll.

Those eeeeevil persons telling women to cut their hair? They have an agenda, you betcha they do. They're called hairdressers, and they're fishing around for repeat customers.

I just shaved half my head on Wednesday. My gay friend says it looks "great!!!!" Clearly just another lie from the pro-gay lobby. 'Scuse me while I grow my hair out Cher style.

So I am wrong in thinking that the hairstyle you choose should be based on hair type & face shape? So glad I've got SSM to tell me these things.

Now let's see ... my hair is thick, curly and black. (Think Pacific Islander but with the curl more like a bad 80s perm.) I had to cut it short once (long story) and, due to the curl, it stood straight out in all directions. Not appealing. Made a decision to always keep it long. Now I wonder if SSM can explain why MrMiggy always complains? He rolls on it in bed and complains. He sits on it on the lounge and complains. He finds it blocking the drain in the shower and complains. Does this mean MrMiggy is a feminist or gay?

I am a feminist lesbian with hair as long and curly as the Duggar girls. If it wasn't for that my skirts are shorter than they would allow, and my tshirts have non fundie approved things on (and I haven't worn a frumper or really ugly dress since I was 7 and realised it wasn't a good look), I am not that much different from a fundie.

Haircuts are a matter of personal choice, some people suit short hair, some people suit long hair, but all that matters is that the person who owns the hair (and its not their partner, its the person who has it growing on their head) is happy with the way it looks.

I have my hair cut like the girl on the right here, and when I chopped off my previously chest-length hair I got a ton of compliments about how much better it looked and how much more it suited my face! Suck on that!

tegan-and-sara-2013.jpg

I have that kind of stick straight, fine hair that looked lovely for a minute in the 70's and never again. I also have a big cowlick, and there is exactly one hairstyle that works with my hair, which is a bob of various lengths, parted down the side (think 1985ish Vidal Sassoon ads). Nothing else works with my hair, and I was a teenager in the 80's so believe me, I've tried. Layers fall flat and stick to the side of my head. If I get a good haircut from someone who knows what they're doing it will look lovely for months. When I met my husband this particular bob was chin length, up to the nape of my neck in back. I can't believe he was attracted to me! He must have been secretly waiting for it to grow out all this time. Thank goodness I only pay to get it cut every 6 months or so, so there are a few months out of the year he might find me attractive.

Pffft....when we got married, my hair was short and my husband had a ponytail. I'm sure SSM would've loved that.

I asked MrMiggy about hair and his answer "Where do you find these nut jobs and why do you keep telling me about them?" Good answer, really

Pffft....when we got married, my hair was short and my husband had a ponytail. I'm sure SSM would've loved that.

My brother has much longer hair than I have and it's far more beautiful. As I said before, I have thick, black, islander type hair. Brother has euro-asian hair: thick, straight, black in winter but gets red highlights in the summer sun and incredibly glossy without any effort. (Can you tell I'm jealous?) I wonder what SSM would make of him?

I've also got long hair, but in this case, I think Shitstain might have a grain of truth, as I've indeed been told by some acquaintances to cut my hair to fit my age (I'm 32), and I strongly suspect they said this, well, not for envy, but for... general meanness and trying to put me down. They also told me things like I should dye my eyebrows to fit my hair (they are black and have always been in contrast to my natural, much lighter hair colour), said they couldn't determine I had lost weight after I'd told them proudly I'd lost 5kg, assuring me to have no interest in my love interest and later I was told by the gentleman in question one of the ladies contacted him very frequently online, called him and flirted with him round around the time I told her about my interest.

So.. yeah.. I do think such somments motivated by jealousy can happen, but that doesn't make anything else in her posting true. Statements beginning with "All men/all women..." are rarely true, after all.

Here's the thing- so very long ago, when I was a young teen, I was a natural true blond, and I kept my hair down to my knees. It brought me a lot of attention. I dated guys in high school who were almost obsessed with my hair. There was a guy in college who drew a manga character based on me because of my hair. Then I met my husband, who didn't/doesn't give a shit about how I do my hair (except he tells me that I probably shouldn't shave my head because I have a round face and it won't work with my bone structure). I cut my hair to make my life easier. My preferred cut is The Jennifer Aniston- because it's layered, but still long enough to put up. But I've been known to cut it really short- chin length in the front, buzz cut in the back. I'll take input from a stylist as to what will work well with my face and my styling abilities, but I'm looking for something easy, not to please my husband or anyone other than myself.

I work with a veritable army of gay men. Not one of them has ever told me how to style my hair. I did try to get one of them to give me home decorating advice once but our styles were incompatible (I'm cheap, he isn't). Obviously I am around the wrong sort of gay men. Or, maybe, possibly, gay men, like all human beings, are different and do not think and act as a monolith.

The only gay man who has ever cared about my hair was the hair stylist I used to use.

I have my hair cut like the girl on the right here, and when I chopped off my previously chest-length hair I got a ton of compliments about how much better it looked and how much more it suited my face! Suck on that!

tegan-and-sara-2013.jpg

^^^^^ Love them!!!!!!!!!!

tegan-and-sara-2013.jpg

But Tegan and Sara are lesbians, and probably feminists, and probably have abortions every other week!!11111!!1!!!

But I digress...

Can someone please explain to me why extremists on the right are so damn concerned about how people look? I don't notice this shit so much on more liberal, secular and feminist minded blogs.

Archived