IGNORED

LIAS: communion and sex?

Curly Girl

This is just gross, right?

inashoe.com/2013/11/30-days-of-thanks-day-3-communion/

Disclaimer: I am Catholic, so while my views on communion may not be the general consensus here, I still think it is safe to assume that Kim's post crosses a line.

Fellow Catholic here. I can say with certainty that I've never, ever, not once, made a connection between communion and sex. I mean, I have a good imagination, but...no. Just no. :?

Zsuzsanna got all worked up about the "perversion" of someone espousing this theory a while ago.

Link?

What cracks me up so much is that fundies think the rest if us are obsessed with sex! I can at least get through an hour of church without my mind going into the gutter...

Link?

What cracks me up so much is that fundies think the rest if us are obsessed with sex! I can at least get through an hour of church without my mind going into the gutter...

God knows - it could even be in comments

According to one of the commenters on that post, sex belongs to Christians.

Sex is a blessed gift, and Christians need to be celebrating the fact that it represents our amazing relationship with God. We need to stop letting the world define sex. It is ours!! God’s people should stop making it be a worldly topic, and claim it as a sacred one!

I'm pretty sure people were having sex LONG before Christianity evolved. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh dear....

And Perry. I don't know what it is about him, but I get a weird feeling every time I look at him. He reminds me of a very small dog that has an extra dose of viciousness to make up for his size. Don't ask...that's just what I think when I see him.

Note to Kim: "hawtness" <---- Please never use that word again.

This is just gross, right?

inashoe.com/2013/11/30-days-of-thanks-day-3-communion/

Disclaimer: I am Catholic, so while my views on communion may not be the general consensus here, I still think it is safe to assume that Kim's post crosses a line.

So, basically what we just learned is that this blogger is an idiot?

I have been enjoying her daily blog posts. They show more of who she is. She is not necessarily doing these posts as a ministry. They also provide snark material.

Communion as sex? :shock: I...I just can't with these people. Not sure what scares me more, how sex obsessed they are, or how prissy I get just reading these nuggets. I swear I think my ovaries just shriveled up and died.

She got into a bit of a tussle with a Catholic commenter on her FB page on Reformation Day, so she may just be rubbing it in. She's been known to do that.

facebook.com/inashoeblog/posts/658089874241889

Zsuzsanna got all worked up about the "perversion" of someone espousing this theory a while ago.

Zsu didn't have to imagine or make that one up.

That blasphemy was infamously preached by the infamous Jack Schaap (now incarcerated for having a minor transported across state lines for sexual purposes), formerly of FBCHammond and HAC. He also wrote a book promoting this, which was entitled "The Divine Intimacy".

Communion has absolutely NOTHING to do with sex. It's not because sex is bad or unholy. It's like saying communion is just like breastfeeding, or just like playing basketball with your friends. It's not.

While I agree that communion is not sex, I have been led to making the connection EVERY BLOODY TIME the ordination of women comes up. You have to have a penis to do it, y'know.

It's like this thing the Greeks and Romans had that the deity of love OBVIOUSLY has to be a woman. It hasn't even occurred to them that half the congregation might have a slightly different viewpoint.

ETA: I don't mean to imply that I think you have to have a penis to have sex. It's just that normally when a penis impacts on my life (ooer) it's in a sexual context.

Communion in their church is different. The husband receives communion from the pasture. He then takes communion back to his family. The family receives communion through the husband/father. I wonder if this has something to do with her view on communion.

Seriously lapsed catholic here.

So communion is, I was taught, the body of Christ.

Conclusion. They are having a threesome with a dead bloke?

Just can't figure it out :think:

ETA There's this game called 'Guess Who' anybody familiar? Basically a board of pop up pictures of people and you guess your opponents by a process of elimination ie, Does yours wear glasses? ANYWAY Perry is a dead ringer for Alfred :lol:

that was super weird, and i was thinking they were more normal lately! lol

about perry i actually think he is a sweet guy, kim seems to be the one that have the pants in that house :lol:

Maybe Kim C feels the need to remind us all that her husband is HAWT and therefore she's not the mystery lady who has been fooling around with her husband's boss

Perry and Kim ARE not sweet. He had something on his FB about women not being allowed to preach and how it is biblically based blah blah blah. Anyone who believes his own daughters are not worthy enough to get their own communion is as bad as the rest of them. They just package it differently than some of the others. Poor Perry can't even make his own breakfast and coffee in the morning. His daughter ( who Kim says is an early riser) does it for him as well as makes the communion bread every Sunday.

As for the connection, yeah I don't get it but since I am a heathen Anglican, what do I know?

oh wow, the comments really crack me up, it really added to the post

I read a poll a few years ago that said that conservative Christian women had more and better sex than liberal women:D I got a huge laugh and kick out of that at the time that is why I remember it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh wow, the comments really crack me up, it really added to the post

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This statistic always reminds me of this clip of Ted Haggard.....

While I believe that daily and more than daily sex is not unbelieveable, nor do I find the consistent orgasm's for women unbelievable, I find asking the men if their wives always climax to be not particularly proof that it is true.

:shifty:

Archived