IGNORED

Little House in the Hills

Koala

I swear, sometimes I think these fundies think they are training dogs instead of kids.

When I train dogs, they get a reward for a job well done (or trying, depending upon where we are in training.) and I certainly don't expect a dog, let alone a puppy, to stay for 30 minutes! I think maybe Schutzhund requires 30 minute downstays, but that's advanced training for adult dogs of certain very biddable breeds, not standard training for small puppies.

I have never heard of NOT folding washcloths. Of course, I do it and would not want my little kids doing it. Starting them picking up after themselves is fine, but with the idea that you really do most of the work. I would never get toddlers to help with laundry. They are toddlers and chores other than toys in a basket are not even developmentally appropriate

Maria Montessori would disagree with you. Toddlers love mimicking adult stuff, it's very much developmentally appropriate. If only it and the eating of anything put in front of them persisted past age four.

Maria Montessori would disagree with you. Toddlers love mimicking adult stuff, it's very much developmentally appropriate. If only it and the eating of anything put in front of them persisted past age four.

She wants them "to be happy to do it." So she wants them to force a smile and do whatever mummy wants the moment she shouts. Why bother having children? Just hire a housekeeper.

She wants them "to be happy to do it." So she wants them to force a smile and do whatever mummy wants the moment she shouts. Why bother having children? Just hire a housekeeper.

Good point! Why can't her kids just be kids? It seems a lot of Fundie families don't want their kids to be kids.

Good point! Why can't her kids just be kids? It seems a lot of Fundie families don't want their kids to be kids.

Right! Because kids are stupid, make mistakes, are obnoxious, get into trouble, and aren't "perfect". If they can fast-forward them into adult-like mini-slaves, it must give them a sense of security, because the kids won't mess everything up. Maybe I'm just rambling here... :think:

And personally? If my headship and I decided to have lots of children (and especially if I suffered debilitating morning sickness), I'd hire a housekeeper in a heartbeat! Maybe a nanny too! Why can't these families allow themselves the freedom to consider such options?

From Tricia's FB this morning:

From another mom, I could take this as a cute story. But from her... :roll:

Oh G-d!! I wish this was a joke! How old is her child?

Blanket training?

After that, I've been reading a book to Matthias (typically between 7-10 minutes long), because I'm training him to sit on my lap quietly, without touching the book. Usually after that, I either do a training time with Matthias on the floor (teaching him that certain objects in the living room are "no"s), or I do a training time with the girls, or I read the girls books.

littlehouseinthehills.blogspot.com/search/label/motherhood

After that, I've been reading a book to Matthias (typically between 7-10 minutes long), because I'm training him to sit on my lap quietly, without touching the book. Usually after that, I either do a training time with Matthias on the floor (teaching him that certain objects in the living room are "no"s), or I do a training time with the girls, or I read the girls books.

littlehouseinthehills.blogspot.com/search/label/motherhood

This woman is a horrible mother.

She takes her kids to the park but doesn't let the three year old play???

I was referring to other families I know locally who use the same philosophy of child raising (re: the park).

The book thing is something the Little House in the Hills blogger shared about.

Stupid, stupid woman.

I hope that when she stops getting knocked up eventually and she realises there will never be another pregnancy ever, she might look back and desperately wish she'd let her little girls be little girls when they still were.

Archived