IGNORED

Atheist Marriages May Last Longer Than Christians Marriages

GolightlyGrrl

I think there's a lot of pressure in Christian marriages to fit a role. Speaking from experience. If you aren't happy you obviously aren't doing your part right/aren't right with god. You are taught to be holy instead of happy. My mom even gave me a book with that title as my own marriage failed. I think it's hard on the guys too, especially if you marry young, don't get to experience much fun, feel tied to a job you hate, etc.

IIRC, they like to say the fundy divorce rate is something ridiculous, like 1 in 39,000. They based this on polling within churches. You know, the churches that kick you out if you're divorced?

Statistics, ur doin' it rong.

I think there's a lot of pressure in Christian marriages to fit a role. Speaking from experience. If you aren't happy you obviously aren't doing your part right/aren't right with god. You are taught to be holy instead of happy. My mom even gave me a book with that title as my own marriage failed. I think it's hard on the guys too, especially if you marry young, don't get to experience much fun, feel tied to a job you hate, etc.

That's true for both genders if they felt the pressure to marry young and without really getting to know the other person first so they avoid the major sin of premarital sex. Often, when people in those situations realize they shouldn't have gotten married, they have several children and not much of an education so the guys are often tied to jobs they hate because they're not qualified for something else.

It's hard to say why couples divorce. But I often wonder how significant religion is in divorces. A person can do a complete 360 after you have been married a while. This is the dangerous part of courtship Fundies fail to acknowledge. While you can't gauge it always, the longer you know a person before marriage, you learn what makes them tic. You know how to deal with these things better than if you had married them blindly.

I think Anna will stay with Josh no matter what. They are taught divorce is wrong and besides how would Anna support herself with so little skills?

Anna wouldn't be the first stay at home mom whose husband filed for divorce. Often one party to the divorce doesn't really have a choice.

Archived