IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I engaged in a lengthy, inappropriate relationship with a woman. While we did not “know†each other in a Biblical sense, it was nevertheless inappropriately romantic and affectionate.

:pink-shock: :o

"There has been serious sin in my life for which God has graciously brought me to repentance. I have confessed my sin to my wife and family, my local church, and the board of Vision Forum Ministries. I engaged in a lengthy, inappropriate relationship with a woman. While we did not “know†each other in a Biblical sense, it was nevertheless inappropriately romantic and affectionate. "

Ya. A woman. TOOL!

Not that I expect it to get deleted... but just in case there are "revisions"

post-315-14451998331212_thumb.jpg

post-315-14451998332707_thumb.jpg

I have to give him credit for not blaming the woman for "tempting" him or some other shit like that. Guess it goes to show that all the sheltering and bible thumping in the world cant replace some good ol fashioned self control! :penguin-no:

I guess this explains why we havent seen the greece pics... Dougie was too busy galavanting.

I look forward to our google campaign on the successor of Doug Phillips is a philandering tool.

Is this for real???? OMG!

I seriously did not think the end of Vision Forum as we've known it would end like this! Okay, so maybe they'll continue the business, but it won't be the same. Reading Doug Phillips' writings and magazines has been part of my life since the early 90's. He was such a highly revered leader in the homeschooling/quiverfull/reformed fundie movement. My teen-year's "convictions" of being a SAHD were due to his teachings. My renouncing of such beliefs were due to the error I saw in his teachings.

Wow. I am dumbfounded. How the mighty have fallen. :?

Shame on you Doug Phillips the Tool for cheating on your wife. With a woman? Thats surprising. I always imagined he would be doing a bit of "fellowshipping" outside marriage with a man.

At least he didnt blame the woman for tempting him and owns up to the fact that it is his fault for being a cheating douchebag, and that he is sorry he did it. Still a tool though.

I think life might get a bit more interesting around here. Who is going to take his place in the hierarchy? What will happen to Petey now that Dougy is gone? Who was the other "woman"? What about Be-all? Will they stay together? Stay tuned and find out! *cue cheesy '60s soap opera music*

But seriously, is there a potential second in command in the wings? It has been Doug, Doug, Doug for so long I have no idea who might be batting clean up in this situation.

Please please please can instead of it be a woman, it be Gothard. Then it would be the nail in the coffin for both ATI and VF.

Please please please can instead of it be a woman, it be Gothard. Then it would be the nail in the coffin for both ATI and VF.

Amen!

Well, now Doug Phillips is a tool will have that much more time for manly romps and anaconda hunting.

I just let out an honest to goodness evil cackle.

But seriously, is there a potential second in command in the wings? It has been Doug, Doug, Doug for so long I have no idea who might be batting clean up in this situation.

Wes Strackbein is my guess. He's one of VF's big names, and has always seemed to be a candidate for the top job. Peter Bradrick might have been at one time, but he's working for Scott Brown now. I sincerely doubt that JT Phillips is even remotely in the running.

I also sincerely hope that Doug doesn't play kiss and tell about who the other woman is.

Well I just picked my jaw up off the floor... Not sure why I am shocked. I guess because it was a woman? I really did think he was deeply closeted. Which, I guess, might still be true. But WOW, there goes my FJ daily 15 min time limit!

I'm calling BS on it being a woman, too!!!! And while emotional infidelity is just as bad as sexual infidelity, I'm calling BS on that too. Sex had to have been involved!!!

I'm calling BS on it being a woman, too!!!! And while emotional infidelity is just as bad as sexual infidelity, I'm calling BS on that too. Sex had to have been involved!!!

He didn't "know her in a biblical sense" which I'm guessing means penis to vagina. Now, whether the "other woman" is a woman or a man, there are myriad other sexual things they can do that don't insert tab P into Slot V. (I did NOT have sex with that woman) Plenty of unbiblical sex options!

Did he still have a church? Will he still be preaching there?

I suspect there will be a book, and another ministry.

My oh my... That really dropped my jaw! Who would have guessed? Add me to the list of people who doesn't believe it was a woman... :gay-rainbow:

Tonight I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in the most hardcore VF leghumper families' homes.

I've always believed that the ones who make the most noise and fuss about sex and purity, and who loudly moralize about how others should conduct their lives, are the ones who have the most to hide. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Are we starting a betting pool about the identity of the other party in said "inappropriate relationship?"

Archived