IGNORED

Martha Morton is Courting

Kira

thesethalexanderfamilyblog.blogspot.com

JustAnotherMaiden broke the news in the unmarried fundies thread.

Martha, 20 is courting Tayte Alexander who turned 18 a week ago.

I think the Mortons only announce engagements. I'm I correct?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They posted birthday pics of this Tayte Tuesday. http://mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/201 ... thday.html

They probably won't post until an engagement/betrothal has occurred, it depends on the couple. They did post Lise and Cleve's courtship I believe, but not Dorothys.

They better marry Addie off quick, she was depressed enough after Darth left, can't see her taking Martha's leaving well. Especially with her being younger.

I'm cringing at the grammar in that blog post. Poor commas and apostrophes, what did they ever do to Mrs. Alexander to earn such treatment?

I notice there is very that is very little actually about Tayte or Martha in the post... Indeed, there's a whole lot more about what Tayte's dad saw in Martha than about what Tayte admires in her.

I was reading their courtship "rules" and it doesn't appear that there's any backing out allowed. Then again, it looks like Tayte is the oldest in his family, so of course they know what works in courtship. Riiight, just ask the Reiths and Bateses about being so rigid with "the rules."

No clue as to what this kid does to make money, and there's no way in hell I'm going through that atrociously written blog to find out! While I :animals-dogrun: I'll let someone with more courage than I see if the Alexander blog, such as it is, holds any clues as to employment and status of any future residence (any plots of land purchased in their recent past?).

They appear to be Ohio farmers who just moved to GA this summer, and close to the Mortons if profiles are accurate.

VF for sure based on the links.

I think the Alexanders are pretty similar to the Sanderses, with the family farm. I suppose Martha will go live on the farm... maybe they'll fix up an outbuilding for the newlyweds.

I wonder if the Morton girls watched Downton Abbey? Addie as Lady Edith?

Sad but true, at least for now. The Mortons seem to like marrying off their kids, so I don't know why things haven't worked out for Addie yet. Don't any of the families they fellowship with have a 20+-year-old son? It barely even matters what he's like, as long as he's "godly," fertile, and willing to put up with Addie's flights of fancy.

I am really confused- the Alexanders blogspot bio says they are in Georgia (NO, leave, I want these people to STOP moving here. Hear me, Kansas Whiner Lady?) but the farm is clearly in Ohio.

Tayte, Tait, Little Tait... What about the girls? Have we had a Taitlyn yet?

It is only a matter of time until two of these "sheltered" morons name a kid "Taint."

Tayte, Tait, Little Tait... What about the girls? Have we had a Taitlyn yet?

It is only a matter of time until two of these "sheltered" morons name a kid "Taint."

"Taynte"

So I was reading a bit more on the Alexander family blog, which appears to be written by the mom. She comes off as a bit weird. A particularly strange passage:

The Lord has really been prompting me through the Word to do a better job at guiding my home and to kill every loin that I see in the street so as to not hinder me from being about that which He has called me to.

Anyone know what "kill every loin" means? That's a fundie speak I've never heard before (unless it's a typo?)

I hope Martha and Tayte are at least happy together.

He meant to write "kill every lion he sees in the street". When was the last time you were mauled by a lion on the way to the supermarket? Never? Thank this guy.

He meant to write "kill every lion he sees in the street". When was the last time you were mauled by a lion on the way to the supermarket? Never? Thank this guy.

Haha! That does make more sense. Thankfully, I have never been mauled by a lion or a loin! :)

So how many kids do the Mortons have? The majority are married right?

They have 12 (five married). Like Jessa's Ben, Martha's future Earthly Lord is very young and at least 2 years younger than her. If the Alexanders moved to Georgia this past summer, the pair met each other just recently so it's a high speed relationship. Dorothy and Noah (despite of their 3 day courtship) knew each other for quite a few years before getting involved in a relationship. I know every couple is different and a quick marriage may work for some but I still find it odd: a 17 year old sheltered guy meets a girl, quickly courts her and might even marry her very soon for the rest of their lives. It's like marrying your first crush after a few dates.

So I was reading a bit more on the Alexander family blog, which appears to be written by the mom. She comes off as a bit weird. A particularly strange passage:

The Lord has really been prompting me through the Word to do a better job at guiding my home and to kill every loin that I see in the street so as to not hinder me from being about that which He has called me to.

Anyone know what "kill every loin" means? That's a fundie speak I've never heard before (unless it's a typo?)

I hope Martha and Tayte are at least happy together.

:lol: :lol: I saw that too and was like, "WTF, I'll have to wear my steel pants if I'm ever in her neck of the woods" Not that lions makes much more sense....

Oh man. I knew Martha looked fancier lately. I feel bad for Addie. She's an odd little duckling, but in a weird way, I want her to get what she wants. And I think it's rough for fundie girls when a younger sister marries before them. Dorothy leaving broke her heart enough, Martha won't be easy. And none of her beloved Austen novels have particularly stable single women in them.

I think the Alexanders are pretty similar to the Sanderses, with the family farm. I suppose Martha will go live on the farm... maybe they'll fix up an outbuilding for the newlyweds.

Sad but true, at least for now. The Mortons seem to like marrying off their kids, so I don't know why things haven't worked out for Addie yet. Don't any of the families they fellowship with have a 20+-year-old son? It barely even matters what he's like, as long as he's "godly," fertile, and willing to put up with Addie's flights of fancy.

They fellowship with a few families that have 20+ year old sons. The Roberts and Campana families have sons in their 20s. A FJer once said she thinks Adeline needs an older suitor, maybe someone between the ages of 25-30(or 30+).

A FJer once said she thinks Adeline needs an older suitor, maybe someone between the ages of 25-30(or 30+).

I think I'd agree with this. Addie seems to be a romantic and loves baby talk, lords and ladies, dances, costumes, damsels in distress, and so on. She needs an older guy who will take care of her and is really into reenacting the Civil War. They could wear period costumes together and she can be a tragic Southern belle.

I feel sorry for her as the last girl left at home. At least the Mortons do appear to have friends and often have other families over to visit. Addie has opportunities to interact with other SAHDs. That's more than others have. Think of poor Sarah Maxwell after Anna and Mary find husbands. All alone with Steve and Teri....

Congrats! I hope he can afford to provide for a family.

He is 18 now and presumably he has been at the SOTDRT so the whole financial responsibility for a family thing should be easy peasy.

I am hung up on rhyming "Morton" with "courtin'". Since I don't think Addie would be interested in a barely-legal 18 yo, I agree that maybe she is just holding out for a more mature dude who finds her purple prose delightful, and will tea-party with her to her heart's content. I'm thinking a Lanier/Philip thing thing might suit her.

Archived