IGNORED

Larissa and Ian make the Daily Mail online

Chicken bones

Daily Mail does stuff like this all the time. They take older stuff from blogs or videos that are/were viral to make articles. Another site that does similar things is buzzfeed.com About a month ago on the buzzfeed, they did an article to a story from a year or two ago about a man who ran marathons while pushing his disabled daughter in a stroller chair. The story was touching, but I had seen it before on FB and other sites before and nothing new was given in the buzzfeed article. I'm a bit surprised buzzfeed didn't get to the Larissa and Ian story before Daily Mail did.

I didn't realize his accident happened before they were married. I commend her for staying w/ him. I don't think I could do that.

It remains to be seen if she can do it, either. She consistently blogs about crying/sadness/loss of hope.

I didn't realize his accident happened before they were married. I commend her for staying w/ him. I don't think I could do that.

I don't know if I could go so far as to say I "commend" her. This probably makes me seem less than compassionate, but part of me believes that if Ian were able to fully understand the situation, he'd want her to move on. I know that if I had an SO and I had a devastating, personality altering TBI, I wouldn't expect him to stay with me. It's a lot to ask of anyone, particularly a young person. I think I'd want my SO to have the life he wanted, even if that life didn't include me, because I see no reason for two people to suffer.

I think she probably felt guilty & like she had to stay with him. My best friends BF is probably going to have to make a decision sometime in the next few months (she suffered a TBI in August). Nobody is going to think any less of him if he decides to just remain a friend. They had only been together a little over 2 years with no plans to get married.

Personally I don't know what I would do. I've been with my BF on & off (mostly on :) ) for a decade as of mid november. So whilst we aren't married, we've been together for a very long time, esp. considering I was 18 when we met.

I think she probably felt guilty & like she had to stay with him. My best friends BF is probably going to have to make a decision sometime in the next few months (she suffered a TBI in August). Nobody is going to think any less of him if he decides to just remain a friend. They had only been together a little over 2 years with no plans to get married.

Personally I don't know what I would do. I've been with my BF on & off (mostly on :) ) for a decade as of mid november. So whilst we aren't married, we've been together for a very long time, esp. considering I was 18 when we met.

Yeah, and guilt is no foundation for a relationship. I feel bad for both of them.

I'd commend her if I felt like she decided that of her own free will. His dad was loudly pushing for them to marry. And she considers it the will of God and she had no choice.

Isn't she now pregnant? Reading that, I can't image how you'd care for both your husband and a baby.

I mean, I get staying with him, but honestly, that means giving up on other things.

Isn't she now pregnant? Reading that, I can't image how you'd care for both your husband and a baby.

I mean, I get staying with him, but honestly, that means giving up on other things.

Are you thinking of these two? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19767

There was some speculation a month or two that Larissa had a potential baby bump in some blog pictures, but I don't think they've announced anything. http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19330

Larissa's latest blog post sure makes me wonder though. prayforian.blogspot.com/2013/10/an-unexpected-visitor.html

Ah, didn't realize there was more than one fundie-lite couple with a husband with a serious brain injury.

All very sad stories.

I'd commend her if I felt like she decided that of her own free will. His dad was loudly pushing for them to marry. And she considers it the will of God and she had no choice.

Thanks for clearing up the thing about his father.

The line about him being unable to make the decision on his own takes away any potential cuteness and romance from the story.

It's a very sad story, and a situation which I feel is unfair to both of them in different ways.

I wonder if the publisher that Larissa is dealing with might have tipped the DM or People for publicity. I recall Larissa sent a manuscript several months back.

I am getting some snarky vibes from the People article

Instead of moving on with her life, Larissa moved in with Ian's family and took care of her boyfriend, who couldn't talk or eat.

pretty different implication than the daily fail article's version,

But instead of moving on to another man and future husband, Larissa moved into Ian family’s home to help take care of him.

It absolutely has to be press from her publisher. She posted several months ago that they were leaving their house and she was quitting her job so they could move back into the room that was built in Ian's parents' house after his accident and Larissa could work at writing the book full-time. No point in publishing a book if they don't strum up a taste for the story first.

I couldn't tell from the article, how does he communicate? How competent is he?? I mean, the judge had to have something to go on.

I couldn't tell from the article, how does he communicate? How competent is he?? I mean, the judge had to have something to go on.

He can talk. He also paints and types a little.

I am getting some snarky vibes from the People article

pretty different implication than the daily fail article's version,

Off-topic, but this is exactly the problem with Biblical literalists. Same info, probably taken from the exact same interview, totally different spins.

He can talk. He also paints and types a little.

He can talk... but there it is my understanding that most people can't understand him and she translates--I'm going to have to go back and see if there is video of him talking.

I've seen his paintings which made me sadder than before I saw them.

etsy.com/shop/PWX1

Where did we learn he typed?

She has the Etsy shop using a pre-accident picture for his profile. Can you imagine finding him via Etsy and not their blog? The normal looking man selling preschool level pictures for $45 each would be terribly confusing.

This might sound cruel of me, but I suspect that Larissa sometimes makes it seems like Ian is doing better than how he actually is.

Archived