IGNORED

That Bitch....

alysee

I have been hate reading That Wife's blog and since she's left Mormonism she is even more narcissistic. The level she won't go. I left her a comment about her most recent blog post and it got deleted since, I wasn't praising her but giving her actual advice that she obviously didn't want to here.

Anyone else still read her blog?

I do. It's super boring lately. I find it really weird she can't manage to monetize effectively. I think at this point, even if she did that ship has sailed for the TW blog. She's neglected it way too much and I don't know how attractive she would be to the Mormon mommy market now that she's not Mormon anymore. And as for her Pinterest fail blog, there are a bunch of Pinterest fail blogs out there - hers is nothing special and I found the set-up really irritating with the constant click-throughs.

Is anyone really surprised that she left Mormonism? I always kind of felt like she was a square peg in it, even though she was obviously trying super hard to be Teh Best Mormon Evar! I can't decide whether I like her better with or without it.

ETA: What did you say to her?

The real reason I am sure it got deleted was because of the second paragraph, which I tried to construct with as much encouragement as I could muster...

The gist of what I said was basically that after leaving something so huge and encompassing like the Mormon Church that making a thousand different changes right away should not be top priority. Taking the next year to figure out what you want for yourself, as well as the family along with her husband long term and short term should be priority.

The second paragraph I mentioned that the reason nothing has been 100% successful is because she hasn't put 100% effort in to it. She always has an excuse for why she can't put 100% into something. She has a husband, she has kids, she's always moving, she lives faraway from her parents. There won't be an end to her excuses, because if she really truly wanted to make money and be "successful" at a business she'd actually have to put some effort into it for longer than a month.

I think what really got me was that she is still finding excuses for why she can't do things. I just want her to shut up and do something about her unhappiness.

I have an acquaintance(used to be friend) who has halfheartedly had about 4 careers in the last year. She keeps wanting to get the quick fix of money without thinking through what she needs to do to be successful(which is actual work) and just do it.

I haven't read her blog in months. I'm not surprised that she is still a narcissist. I think most of the online snark towards her over the years has been mostly about her narcissism and how she treats t1. I recall something about her husband having a racist attitude towards blacks.

I think during her Mormon days, she was hated by some Mormons because of her treatment of T1. There are some annoying Mormon mommy bloggers, but many of them do love their kids.

The comment section on this last post (The blogging as career one, not the weight loss one) is really fascinating. TW is trying to working through not being a Mormon anymore, but I kind of feel like she's looking for another set of rules (the secular humanist Doctrines and Covenants, maybe?) to live by rather than working out her own. And apparently both she and her husband want to check out of their kids' lives as much as possible while still getting credit for being their parents:

I haven’t been able to get to a place where I can look at the toddler and baby stuff and find the fulfillment that is important to me. I think it’s interesting that a man can toss this off with no problem, but for some reason a woman is judged to be a terrible person if she says that being around the kids is not fulfilling. You said in your comment that your kids “need me and love me†until they are more independent, and for now that’s what you are going to work at. I think that’s wonderful, seriously, and I worry that text doesn’t convey how much I mean that. But is there a space for me to say – that isn’t me. I don’t want to devote my life to my young children. I want them to be a part of my life, but not the focus of it. My husband has made that declaration (both in word and in deed, obviously since he is only home for a matter off hours each week) but it feels as though having a vagina means I’m not supposed to be saying any of that. Somehow, being female, means I *owe* my children the majority of my focus. Or maybe the unofficial rule is that one spouse gets to claim the career focus, and that means the other has to devote their focus to the kids. I can’t figure out if this is my background or the reality of our culture or a combination of both. It’s something I’m always working to come to terms with.

Maybe they'll get more out of being parents when their kids are older (my FIL was a pretty sucky parent to small children, but he's done okay at being a teenager/young adult parent), but I think it's so sad that 4 years ago, she was writing sad odes to every birth control pill she took, and now she flat out says that she doesn't want to devote her life to her kids. I mean, I'm glad if she's been able to buck off a repressive religious system that was making her unhappy, but she still doesn't seem to get that kids aren't puppies you can just take back to the pound if you're sick of them. I'm not saying she has to be some sort of super crafty, hands-on SAHM, but it seems like she's really envious of her husband's schedule where he's only home with the kids for "fun time" for a few hours each week.

The comment section on this last post (The blogging as career one, not the weight loss one) is really fascinating. TW is trying to working through not being a Mormon anymore, but I kind of feel like she's looking for another set of rules (the secular humanist Doctrines and Covenants, maybe?) to live by rather than working out her own. And apparently both she and her husband want to check out of their kids' lives as much as possible while still getting credit for being their parents:

Maybe they'll get more out of being parents when their kids are older (my FIL was a pretty sucky parent to small children, but he's done okay at being a teenager/young adult parent), but I think it's so sad that 4 years ago, she was writing sad odes to every birth control pill she took, and now she flat out says that she doesn't want to devote her life to her kids. I mean, I'm glad if she's been able to buck off a repressive religious system that was making her unhappy, but she still doesn't seem to get that kids aren't puppies you can just take back to the pound if you're sick of them. I'm not saying she has to be some sort of super crafty, hands-on SAHM, but it seems like she's really envious of her husband's schedule where he's only home with the kids for "fun time" for a few hours each week.

"ThatWife, I don't think you should have intentionally ran down that dog with your car." "Oh, it's so sad our society says women shouldn't drive!"

"ThatWife, I don't think you should have intentionally ran down that dog with your car." "Oh, it's so sad our society says women shouldn't drive!"

Oh god, I am sure Jenna would say something that stupid.....has anyone heard if her TWLC 5 is actually going on? Doesn't seem like there is actually any responses.

Archived