IGNORED

Mars Hill Church sez, "God wants us to have this property!"

Marian the Librarian

Read it, and be amazed - God, apparently, has gotten into the real estate business.

komonews.com/news/local/Church-Boasts-God-on-Their-Side-in-Property-Dispute-229184911.html

I am calling BS on the whole "bid 250k over" thing. Even if they did, if they needed financing that wasn't guaranteed then its not a better offer than upfront funds.

It appears the reason the spokeperson said this because Mars Hill was the highest bidder for the property. They gave it to Sound Transit i nstead though they have several other properties that is potential for their train project.

It appears the reason the spokeperson said this because Mars Hill was the highest bidder for the property. They gave it to Sound Transit i nstead though they have several other properties that is potential for their train project.

The way I read it, Mars Hill claimed they outbid Sound Transit by 250k. The other side claims that is not true, and it was a sealed bid, so I assume that means that Mars Hill would have no way of knowing what Sound Transit's bid actually was, only that Mars Hill was outbid (admittedly, I know almost nothing about how a sealed bid actually works).

Sound Transit was also already in a bound contract by the time Mark and his boys decided to bid. It's his typical hissy fit when he doesn't get his way and since it involves a public entity (Sound Transit), it's another way for the lying fools at Mars Hill to pretend they are being persecuted.

On the good side, Seattle is about to elect an openly gay, Christian man as mayor. So poor widdle Mark is going to be living in a city that is officially run by someone who represents Driscoll's greatest fear. HA!

Mark Driscoll's church initially said the property they want was seized by eminent domain, which is a lie. They were forced to recant. They are now attempting to force the City of Bellevue's hand by a mail campaign.

The City of Bellevue is not interested in locating a parking lot that will serve 2500 people each week in a parcel of land they've stated they'd like as mixed use if Sound Transit does not end up locating their storage shed on the property. Mixed use -- stores, condos, NOT a church.

Bellevue will not welcome Driscoll by any stretch of the imagination. His beloved hipsters will feel ill-at-ease in a city boasting one of the highest per capita incomes in Washington State, let alone the fact he's made it clear he believes he can force the city council's hand by insisting it's "God's will" he obtain a $23 million piece of property for most likely pennies on the dollar.

The way I read it, Mars Hill claimed they outbid Sound Transit by 250k. The other side claims that is not true, and it was a sealed bid, so I assume that means that Mars Hill would have no way of knowing what Sound Transit's bid actually was, only that Mars Hill was outbid (admittedly, I know almost nothing about how a sealed bid actually works).

Typically, the highest bid wins,

Archived