IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

One of the Roberts boys tweeted about the Bates(Lawson) helping them build a fence. The two families have grown close and I think there could be a Bates/Roberts courtship soon.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of the Roberts boys tweeted about the Bates(Lawson) helping them build a fence. The two families have grown close and I think there could be a Bates/Roberts courtship soon.

I could also imagine that.

Would be quite an interesting wedding. From the Bateses side all the ATI families and then from the Roberts side the Mortons, Campanas, Sanders etc.

How about Duggar friends Jonathan & Jennifer Hartono? Both in their 20's.

According to Google, Mandie Query is 29.

The more I think about it, I think that the Botkinettes might honestly prefer their life worshipping Daddy, doing their webinars about beauty and what not, promoting their books as opposed to the only other alternative. I have said this multiple times on this forum but Kelly Bradrick's life post-marriage should be a cautionary tale to many fundie young women of how "happily ever after" in fundieland does not turn out that way.

They may also put such an emphasis on beauty that they are afraid to face the inevitable results of age and childbirth, especially with a partner who they might believe (or he actually may believe) that beauty has some intrinsic human value. Can you imagine getting wrapped up in that whole line of BS that they've created for themselves, only to see what happens to many fundie wives after a few kids? Or, worse, the sacrifices the ones who remain "beautiful" have to make in order to please their husbands before all else?

They may also put such an emphasis on beauty that they are afraid to face the inevitable results of age and childbirth, especially with a partner who they might believe (or he actually may believe) that beauty has some intrinsic human value. Can you imagine getting wrapped up in that whole line of BS that they've created for themselves, only to see what happens to many fundie wives after a few kids? Or, worse, the sacrifices the ones who remain "beautiful" have to make in order to please their husbands before all else?

It's an interesting thought, but then I have to wonder how they see their own mother. Victoria Botkin has not aged well in comparison to her own husband. She looks much older than he does. I think she looks normal for her age (60s?), but especially considering her difficulties with childbirth.

Do Elizabeth and Anna Sophia look at her and worry about how they will look as they age? Have Victoria's looks affected her relationship with Geoff, and has he encouraged the emotional incest because of it?

It certainly puts another layer on the nature of the SAHDhood.

I have a spreadsheet of fundie names/ages/genders too. Interestingly in all of the successful Bates relationships the guy was four years older than the girl (Zach is 24 and Whit is 20, Chad is 26 and Erin is 22, John is 23 and Alyssa is almost 19).

Also: Thomas Paine seems to be in the pre-courtship stage with Dakota Young, a girl he met through IBLP. They both have blogs and she features in one of the Journey to the Heart podcasts.

Thomas stated in his post about her that he does agree with everything about IBLP.

Dakota's family isn't very fundie and she wears bikinis (with a tank top over the top). She's beautiful and they seem as genuine as Chad and Erin.

On another note, I'm wondering if Allison Bontrager might be courting or pre-courting (not sure how the Bontragers date). Some one commented on Chelsy's blog to say congrats to her, but didn't say why. Idk... I actually really like the Bontragers because their kids are all independent and in touch with the rest of the world.

Does anyone know anything about the Holt family? They were featured in the early Duggar specials and at one time it was rumored that Josh was to marry one of their girls. I don't see their name on the master list, but I don't know anything about them.

What about the Reith family? There is Sarah, of Zach Bates' first courtship, and her sisters, Emily Grace and Lindsay. I think Lindsay is 27 and Emily Grace is 19. Sarah is turning 25 next week. I don't think any of them are married.

Ya'll saw this, right?

Martha Morton is courting.

thesethalexanderfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/going-courting.html?m=1

Poor Adeline.

Ya'll saw this, right?

Martha Morton is courting.

thesethalexanderfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/going-courting.html?m=1

Poor Adeline.

He's 18! I think there are photos of him on the Morton's recent post. There were some comments here about Martha being dolled up. I bet Andrew is next. He's got a house.

And I agree, poor Adeline.

P.S. we should add Martha's name to the Upcoming Baby Season list!

Does anyone know anything about the Holt family? They were featured in the early Duggar specials and at one time it was rumored that Josh was to marry one of their girls. I don't see their name on the master list, but I don't know anything about them.

The Holts have 10 kids. The oldest two, Kaeleigh and Steffan, are both married. All the girls have 'K' names and the boys have 'S' names. Kristian and Karessa are both over 18. Kearah, Spencer, Samuel, Silas, Kharis and Seth are all under 18.

OK, I knew something was up when Addie made that long post about Tayte's birthday yesterday, but I wasn't sure exactly what it was. It's weird that Addie's been skipped over.

So... I say wedding within six months (less?), baby ~11 months after that.

On a superficial note, Martha looks absolutely adorable with bangs.

Noah and Dorothy were engaged in May and married in July. I don't know how long they courted.

They courted for nearly three days. Noah and his sisters arrived at the Morton home on a Tuesday and they were engaged Thursday.

Yup, I don't think it'll take 6 months. That post from Tayte's family makes it sound like a done deal. Just looking for or building a house!

Tayte should be a senior in high school, not a guy about to be married. Aren't the parents ever concerned about marriage at such a young age? What training/education does he have to support a soon to be large family?

Poor adeline! I remember how sad and lonely both girls felt when Darthy was married off. But now with Martha soon to be gone, she'll be alone among her brothers. Imagine her workload!'

No they don't. They are breeding soldiers for the army of the Lord. The Mortons/ Sanders/Smiths are all so fertile too. Baby within a year. This is their plan. You NEED to marry this young to have a full quiver. Divorce is not an option, neither is birth control and they are uneducated. This keeps them right where they want them. Pregnant at home with no option to leave.

I thought I wanted to marry my first boyfriend too at 19. Glad I didn't, for these women they seem to have no choice. They wait around to court and I imagine feel intense pressure to say yes to an engagement. Blech.

The Holts have 10 kids. The oldest two, Kaeleigh and Steffan, are both married. All the girls have 'K' names and the boys have 'S' names. Kristian and Karessa are both over 18. Kearah, Spencer, Samuel, Silas, Kharis and Seth are all under 18.

Thank you for the info. Was Kaeleigh the one that was "intended" for Josh when they were young teens?

Thank you for the info. Was Kaeleigh the one that was "intended" for Josh when they were young teens?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was her. She is the only one close enough to Josh in age. The rest of the girls were under 18 back then.

I've always wondered if the Holt girl was the reason Josh had his head shaved in 14 kids and counting.Whatever the reason,he sure was smiling,like whatever he'd done was totally worth it! LOL.I wonder if he got a bit too frisky w her.

They courted for nearly three days. Noah and his sisters arrived at the Morton home on a Tuesday and they were engaged Thursday.

Thanks for the info!! That's insane about their courtship.

Thanks for the info!! That's insane about their courtship.

The two families DID know each other, but on the blog it says that Noah and Dorothy had never had an actual conversation. His father "released" him to go and find a wife. (I have no idea what released means in that context, but that was the term used.) Noah asked his mother and sisters who he should court. They all had the same answer, Dorothy Morton. So Noah contacted her father to ask him. Mr. M. did at least get Dorothy's consent. Noah sent letters and essays to the Mortons, describing his "vision." (This all took a week or two, I think.) It was apparently acceptable, so the courtship was a go. Noah and his sisters drove to the Morton's place, arriving on Tuesday. By Thursday evening she had a ring.

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived