IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

Kimberly Mueller and Joshua Palazzolo wedding got pushed back to November 19, 2016.

Bye the way, did Iris Muscarella and John Robert Moore ever get married? There's no 

knot.com webpage but I know it was talked about a while back. 

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The groom & his men jumping...did Christopher Maxwell do the pictures? Is that a fundie thing? Do they do that in non fundie wedding pictures? I haven't seen that outside Maxwell photography and a few other fundies. If I am sheltered, let me stay that way because really, I hate jumping pictures!

14 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

The groom & his men jumping...did Christopher Maxwell do the pictures? Is that a fundie thing? Do they do that in non fundie wedding pictures? I haven't seen that outside Maxwell photography and a few other fundies. If I am sheltered, let me stay that way because really, I hate jumping pictures!

The groom + groomsmen jumping has thoroughly infested fundie wedding photos. Again, monkey see, monkey do. 

Something in his face is reminding me of Ted Cruz.  That is...unfortunate.

10 hours ago, Snarkle said:

Now that's an example of a wedding dress that did not need to be altered in some odd way to be considered modest.  And it's nice how the bridesmaids aren't all matchy-matchy but are in the same color family.  Not bad!

Finally! The gown does stand on its own in the modesty dept. Very nice looking bridal party. 

19 hours ago, SallyDraper said:

Kimberly Mueller and Joshua Palazzolo wedding got pushed back to November 19, 2016.

Any idea why?

18 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Yeah, non fundies do jumping photos too... you can google "wedding jumping photos", or you can stay sheltered! :my_smile:

Wedding photos from these people are so creepy to me.  All I can think about is the fact that these two are expected to jump from possibly never having touched a non-related member of the opposite sex at noon, and by 6pm they're expected to be ready to go down to pound town and hopefully announce a pregnancy within a month or two. From all the romantic experience of a toddler, to the Bone Zone within a few hours.  It's disturbing.

9 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

Any idea why?

I have no idea. I was snooping around the knot.com website and just noticed. 

9 hours ago, Kitcae said:

Yeah, non fundies do jumping photos too... you can google "wedding jumping photos", or you can stay sheltered! :my_smile:

My cousin did that for her wedding. Jumping bridesmaids. I was 6 months pregnant at the time, and there was no way I was getting airborne. Hell, even when thin I wasn't coordinated enough to get both feet off the ground at the same time! I felt bad for ruining the photographer's vision, but seriously, leaping was just not happening. I don't get the appeal. 

16 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

My cousin did that for her wedding. Jumping bridesmaids. I was 6 months pregnant at the time, and there was no way I was getting airborne. Hell, even when thin I wasn't coordinated enough to get both feet off the ground at the same time! I felt bad for ruining the photographer's vision, but seriously, leaping was just not happening. I don't get the appeal. 

I can't imagine jumping for photos while 6 months pregnant! Oh well for the photographer's vision. I guess it's just a standard wedding group pose now.

11 hours ago, dramallama said:

Wedding photos from these people are so creepy to me.  All I can think about is the fact that these two are expected to jump from possibly never having touched a non-related member of the opposite sex at noon, and by 6pm they're expected to be ready to go down to pound town and hopefully announce a pregnancy within a month or two. From all the romantic experience of a toddler, to the Bone Zone within a few hours.  It's disturbing.

Wow I'm impressed that you managed to work both "pound town" and "bone zone" into one post!

Rebekah Sanders gets married tomorrow. Wonder if there will be pics anywhere? When they stopped blogging they went out of their way to remove themselves from the Internet. I am honestly curious. One less unmarried SAHD. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the house to see how they adjust. Especially since in two months Abbi will get married and fly the coop as well. 

I miss the Sanders family, so badly!  They honestly seemed to enjoy their life.

The wedding apparently went off well! This is the only pic I've seen thus far of Rebekah Sanders Cortner in her wedding gown. 

e.jpg

While Lora Lynn posted a few pics over the weekend, none included the bride or groom. I'm kind of disappointed. Clearly, the Sanders family has shunned the public. Kind of ironic given the years they spent blogging about every detail of daily life. But, live and learn, I guess. I would just really love to see the bride & groom & wedding party.

Olivia Howard from the Fresh Modesty blog changed her Facebook profile photo. Her hand is strategically placed on the shoulder of a man named Calvin Williams to display a ring. No wonder her blog has been so quiet lately!!

Hey! Did you all know that one of the Thomas sons is engaged? It's on the M Thomases blog. Alot of snuggles and cheek kisses going on! Think his name is Miciah. Sorry if it's spelled wrong. Does anyone know if his sister Melissa has given birth yet?

1 hour ago, Kitcae said:

Olivia Howard from the Fresh Modesty blog changed her Facebook profile photo. Her hand is strategically placed on the shoulder of a man named Calvin Williams to display a ring. No wonder her blog has been so quiet lately!!

So weird. I was looking over her social media this past weekend, trying to figure out if there was a reason for her continued absence beyond her regularly scheduled "Lyme's disease". She had a TBT pic up on instagram a few days ago that showed a ring with a solitaire setting on the appropriate finger (toaster strudel shot), but it was apparently a gift from her grandmother. 

Olivia's a weird one. Much like Adeline Morton, I had started to wonder if she simply couldn't meet her match in the small circles they run in.

7 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

She had a TBT pic up on instagram a few days ago that showed a ring with a solitaire setting on the appropriate finger (toaster strudel shot), but it was apparently a gift from her grandmother. 

But wasn't it on the wrong  hand? I thought engagement rings go on your left hand and if memory serves me right it was a picture of her right hand (I had the same thought as you initially).  Well, i guess I now have to go back and check it out....

11 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

So weird. I was looking over her social media this past weekend, trying to figure out if there was a reason for her continued absence beyond her regularly scheduled "Lyme's disease". She had a TBT pic up on instagram a few days ago that showed a ring with a solitaire setting on the appropriate finger (toaster strudel shot), but it was apparently a gift from her grandmother. 

Olivia's a weird one. Much like Adeline Morton, I had started to wonder if she simply couldn't meet her match in the small circles they run in.

Yeah, I noticed the toaster strudel photo, but the ring she has on in her facebook photo doesn't look anything like the two she was wearing in the instagram photo. I don't get it either.

What's up with Adeline? I don't know much about her.

3 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

But wasn't it on the wrong  hand? I thought engagement rings go on your left hand and if memory serves me right it was a picture of her right hand (I had the same thought as you initially).  Well, i guess I now have to go back and check it out....

I think the instagram photo is of her right hand too, and I'm used to engagement and wedding rings being worn on the left hand. 

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:05 PM, Kitcae said:

I am quite delighted that wychling's dh and his groomsmen did not go with that idea.  All these fellows look like they stepped on electrified ground or something.

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

Isn't there anybody in the Morton circle that matches Adeline?

Don't put that evil on Addie.

5 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

It is the wrong hand, my bad. I was drawing the comparison from the memory of seeing it a few days ago.

1 hour ago, Kitcae said:

Yeah, I noticed the toaster strudel photo, but the ring she has on in her facebook photo doesn't look anything like the two she was wearing in the instagram photo. I don't get it either.

What's up with Adeline? I don't know much about her.

I think the instagram photo is of her right hand too, and I'm used to engagement and wedding rings being worn on the left hand. 

I misremembered the hand in the photo. I wasn't suggesting that the two rings were the same, only that it was odd to see a solitaire on her finger just a few days before the big announcement. The presumed engagement ring is a much different setting and design.

Adeline Morton is the third daughter of Michael and Jeanine Morton, a fundy family formerly based in Georgia, but recently relocated to Paraguay. She's the only one of the 4 girls in the family (12 kids total) who hasn't married and started a family. (There are also 3 younger brothers who are unmarried as well.) Addie is a sensitive and imaginative person who writes in a florid style and fancies herself to be the living heroine of a Jane Austen novel. Her sisters all seemed to be slightly more practical types, all of whom were eager to set up housekeeping and pop out annual babies. Addie appears to be wired a little differently. Of all the kids, she may revere their father the most, and that could be a major factor in her unwillingness to leave home. She was the primary family chronicler for over a decade, but the blogs have basically dried up at this point. She seemed to lose interest around the time her last sister began courting three years ago, and the family's move to an extremely rural area of Paraguay last year apparently limited her internet access. The most current blog is http://mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/, but there is quite a lot of earlier content at http://mortonclan.blogspot.com/ if you are interested. 

If you're new to the Mortons, the highlights are:

*  Wacky early weddings featuring foot-washing (bride-on-groom), trumpets, velvet doublets and sashes of an apocryphal order of knighthood, and swords.

*  Intermarriage on a level that the ruling houses of Medieval Europe would envy. Not between each other (no known incest or inbreeding), but 8 people from the Morton and Smith families married each other over the course of 2.5 years. 

*  Courtship rituals that feature a literal "bride price".

*  Truly impressive fecundity. I think they are at around 30 grandkids since 2006?

I most envy Morton newbies. They sucked me in hard and fast when I discovered them and it was like reading a bad novel from the early 20th century. So bad I couldn't put it down. The more you dig, the more you find and the farther off you go. Because of the Mortons I learned about the Smiths, Sanders', Roberts, Campanas and more that I can't bring to mind right now. Because of the Mortons I actually realized something that I needed to realize - how truly small the extreme fundie world is. They all know each other and reading the blog of any one of them showed you the lives of them all. None of them blog as they once did, if at all, but a newbie can dive in at the start and read the blogs all the way through. Binge reading, almost as entertaining as Netflix binging.

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived