IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

Thanks for the update @jakesykora. I was just thinking to go and catch up with Jessica Boyer's engagement story. Better to realise now I suppose that things weren't going to work out.Off to read up on this development.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noooooooo :'( Love is dead!

Hope she can eat gobs of ice cream and marathon a bunch of Lillian Gish movies and forget that fussy loser and his kneesocks. Let him tie his own beret-ribbon for the rest of his sorry life!

Her broken engagement isn't much of a shock after the "Unexpected Journey" posts stopped, followed by the blogging break, and then the family went on an impromptu vacation. I'm amazed and impressed that she blogged in such detail about the process and her feelings. Kudos to Jessica for being honest about the dark side of fundy matchmaking. It's ludicrous that these people feel that they are sparing their children heartbreak by allowing them to enter into engagements with literally the first person to express an interest in them.  In Jessica's case, there is a decided tinge of foreboding with what she wrote. This in particular raised my brows:

… my family, with me, succeeded. How? We succeeded together because the mistakes we made in this relationship will never occur again. 

I interpret this to mean that Jessica's parents feel that they were too liberal and accommodating in her courtship/dating process, and have made it clear that they won't make those mistakes again. Based on the fact this engagement failed because Jessica and Levi simply had no real opportunity to get to know one another well beforehand, a MORE conservative approach is going to make matters worse. 

Yeah, in normal world this is a heartbreak, young love, tears and then you get it over it...The melodrama is high with this one but when you have placed everything on courtship, marriage, babies then this is what happens. I guess I didn't understand what she meant when she said "couldn't be a suitable helpmeet to Levi". I read this as maybe he was more liberal than she was , like maybe he wanted to travel, work, not have a million babies right away..... Did anyone else get that impression?

The Boyer break up...wow. Lots of mental gymnastics to excuse and explain herself.

Two young adults who date for a few months and find out they are not compatible move on, and nothing is lost. No hopes or dreams or plans or transfer of authority. But, the courtship way is the way to save all the pieces of your heart, blah, blah, blah. 

It's so very sad. 

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

The Boyer break up...wow. Lots of mental gymnastics to excuse and explain herself.

Two young adults who date for a few months and find out they are not compatible move on, and nothing is lost. No hopes or dreams or plans or transfer of authority. But, the courtship way is the way to save all the pieces of your heart, blah, blah, blah. 

It's so very sad. 

It is sad. And so completely backwards! I just want to shake them and redistribute their brain matter until they can think rightside up. I know it won't work though. :smiley-signs131:

When the Unexpected Journey posts abruptly stopped, I immediately figured that something had happened. And honestly, I was kind of glad! I wondered from the very beginning how they possibly had enough time to really get to know each other. I doubt they were allowed to be alone much, if at all. These are 16-20 year old "girls" who have to ask their father if they can swing dance at a public event! My guess is that Levi's career (Christian movie costume design?) would have him traveling a lot. I'm pretty sure that Jessica wants to settle down, set up her hope chest contents in a cute little house, and have tea parties and babies. 

On a slightly different Boyer sisters topic: Does anyone else get the odd feeling that the girls impose many of their rules on themselves? Or maybe it's the dad. I took a look at their mom's Facebook (creepy stalker that I am!) and she seems relatively...normal. For one thing, she wears pants that appear to be from this decade! I guess I expected her to be into vintage stuff herself. Maybe even older vintage stuff, I don't know!

I'm so glad I've found somewhere to discuss the Boyer sisters. I became obsessed with them about a year ago. Their blog and photography skills are excellent and I'm fascinated with the lifestyle that they present. I shake my head nearly every time I read what they write, especially when it begins with "hello, dears!" 

Looks like one of Kim C's (Life in a Shoe) daughters has a boyfriend, according to Kim's public Facebook page:

KimCpic.JPG

Don't let her near Erin Bates Paine- she might have to reconsider some of her prejudices.

33 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

A daughter with green hair? What kind of Fundie is she?!

The kind that might look cool but support Ted Cruz, stacked their children on Costco shelving, and believe that abortion is wrong even in the case of ectopic pregnancy. Fun!

On March 22, 2016 at 5:59 PM, EmainMacha said:

Thanks for the update @jakesykora. I was just thinking to go and catch up with Jessica Boyer's engagement story. Better to realise now I suppose that things weren't going to work out.Off to read up on this development.

I really think they called it off because his kilt was shorter than her skirt & he defrauded her with his knees. NIKE!!!!!

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Looks like one of Kim C's (Life in a Shoe) daughters has a boyfriend, according to Kim's public Facebook page:

KimCpic.JPG

That's Lydia.

(Noticed on the pregnancy announcement on Perry Coghlan's FB, Deanna, the one who married and then divorced, seemed to find out her mom was pregnant again on that FB post. Found that interesting...)

On 3/22/2016 at 3:39 PM, ladyamylynn said:

Anybody else remember Lina and Taliban Tony? It looks like he has a new girlfriend... Paulina remains single and devoutly Catholic (in her own words). 

I'm not surprised he and Lina are no more. It was only a matter of time after he started developing an interest in atheism. I remember they briefly broke up and got back together, but she still seemed to have a strong connection to the Christianity. I wonder if they are going to get (or have already gotten) an annulment? If she is converting to Catholicism, wouldn't she need one?

I had to take a peek at his Facebook page and saw he was criticizing Trumps sexist comments. He has to be cringing about his former statements on Free Jinger.

2 minutes ago, MissBitters said:

I'm not surprised he and Lina are no more. It was only a matter of time after he started developing an interest in atheism. I remember they briefly broke up and got back together, but she still seemed to have a strong connection to the Christianity. I wonder if they are going to get (or have already gotten) an annulment? If she is converting to Catholicism, wouldn't she need one?

I had to take a peek at his Facebook page and saw he was criticizing Trumps sexist comments. He has to be cringing about his former statements on Free Jinger.

I sure hope so!!! I find it interesting that his brother and at least one of his sisters have become atheists, too.

19 minutes ago, ophelia said:

What?? I hope it is one of the older girls! Where did you see that?

The wissmannfamily instagram account. I am not sure which girl, I am guessing Elizabeth.

28 minutes ago, ophelia said:

What?? I hope it is one of the older girls! Where did you see that?

It's Ruth, the second oldest girl! See her public instagram, realfoodetc

I think she is 32ish or even older. But I could be wrong. The Wissmann's really manage to get their older daughters married off. Rachel was also way older than the average fundie bride and now she has a baby boy and seems genuinely happy.

From Kelly Reins' FB page a few days ago:

"Because you aren't married, Single is right for you." -TurboTax ‪#‎morality‬

And one of the comments:

Lydia Hayden: Word. Story of my life.

Lydia Hayden is sister to Caleb Hayden, former VF intern/minion.

There appears to be a certain gloat factor among the aging SAHD crowd, no?

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

I think she is 32ish or even older. But I could be wrong. The Wissmann's really manage to get their older daughters married off. Rachel was also way older than the average fundie bride and now she has a baby boy and seems genuinely happy.

Is this her fiance? https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-bourlier-67803b20

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived