IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

In this case, it may be the literal truth. I got the info from Kennedy's instagram, and she said on the 11th that the wedding would be in "75 days". That would make the wedding date March 16... which is a wednesday. I don't knock anyone getting married on any damn day they please, but the Mortons have traditionally been weekend-wedding folks. So possibly:

* The wedding is actually on Wednesday the 16th, and that date was selected due to favorable travel arrangements (half the family IS out of the country at the moment).

* The wedding isn't on Wednesday, but is on the week of the 16th, and Kennedy threw out that "75 days" thing in a general sense. Or she miscounted.

* The wedding is actually on the 16th, and they picked that day in particular because it's prime time for baby havin'. 

It makes a lot more sense that the wedding is being held at a time that is good for the families to travel, because one way or the other, at least one group will have to make the trip if they want to attend. But, based on the fact Kennedy barely got her wedding dress unzipped before she conceived, I'll keep my tinfoil hat on and secretly believe that these people use more than one calendar to pick nuptial dates.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the picking of a date is a family event I have no doubt the dates are chosen based on the bride to be's cycle.No Morton has gone a full year after the wedding without reproducing. It is expected, of course, but it's also intricately planned.

Didn't Pa Morton lead a joint family meeting to pray for divine guidance in choosing Martha and Tayte's wedding day?

I don't think so, but the Mortons went out of their way to obfuscate Tayte's presence in their lives up until the courtship was formalized. As I remember it, Papa Morton informed Tayte and Martha that it would be a year before they could marry from the time of their engagement. It was speculated that the family was basically waiting on Tayte to grow up a bit, because the courtship initiated when he was just 17. It's been the most protracted Morton courtship/engagement/wedding by FAR. Andrew and Samuel are following the rapid pace of their older siblings' marriages, so it seems likely that there was something unusual about Tayte and Martha.

If memory serves, the family prayer, etc. seemed related to the question of whether they should be allowed to court at all, not necessarily the wedding date. 

22 year old Hannah Paine is a'courting Dan Imondi, who is a senior at a bible college in Oklahoma: https://twitter.com/dan_imondi

SInce I assume this is his last semester, I predict an engagement this spring & a wedding this summer.  Erin Bates Paine will either be a matron of honor, or bang the hell out of the piano. And since the wedding will be Oklahoma, not too far from the Duggars, I assume a few will be in attendance.

On January 2, 2016 at 11:36 PM, browngrl said:

Jessica Boyer ( of the Boyer sisters blog) is engaged.

sorry not linking because am on mobile and I'm too tired to figure how to do this 

WHAT

I thought a Boyer engagement was a lost cause, tbh

On 1/18/2016 at 0:42 PM, FundiesInParis said:

WHAT

I thought a Boyer engagement was a lost cause, tbh

Now that she's up to part 3 of the story, it's actually reading to me like there's a possibility another sister may have something in the works with one of the two best friends of the groom.

And the 3 sisters have spent time just with the 3 guys even (and had an interesting bit about their rationale behind that in that same blog post)

But lots of hinting about hearing more about them and probably 'meeting' them on the blog (plus things I've found digging a bit) makes me think there is more to stuff with at least one of the two friends (both named w/ initials on the blog - and easy to find from the groom-to-be's FB) with presumably the next eldest Boyer sister or else someone very close to them.

I think the Boyer story is sweet so far.  And I love seeing them look so happy. I know the middle sister has an admirer, but whether that's ever gone  so far as a request to court or is just admiration from afar, I do not know.

Those pictures of the birthday party made me smile.  Under uber-fundie rules, it would totally defrauding to even mention, but I do remember hearing more than 1 discussion of men in kilts back in my old fundie church.  I don't know about Reformed Baptists, but many Reformed Presbys find men in kilts easy on the eyes.

Yeah, that last Boyer post heavily suggested that the younger sisters were now "on the market". I hope they genuinely feel a connection to Levi's friends, if that's where this is going. My concern is that the "girls" are besotted with the idea of marrying "three of a kind", beit brothers or close friends, in the fashion of an old Hollywood movie. Since they can now so easily pair off, it may tempt them to rush into something just to keep up with Jessica.

On 1/21/2016 at 3:34 PM, SolomonFundy said:

Yeah, that last Boyer post heavily suggested that the younger sisters were now "on the market". I hope they genuinely feel a connection to Levi's friends, if that's where this is going. My concern is that the "girls" are besotted with the idea of marrying "three of a kind", beit brothers or close friends, in the fashion of an old Hollywood movie. Since they can now so easily pair off, it may tempt them to rush into something just to keep up with Jessica.

What are the odds they have seen Seven Brides for Seven Brothers? Because if they could finagle a similar situation that would be very fun from a spectator point of view. 

13 hours ago, tumblr said:

What are the odds they have seen Seven Brides for Seven Brothers? Because if they could finagle a similar situation that would be very fun from a spectator point of view. 

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://boyerfamilysingersblog.com/2013/03/inspired-by-film-day-3-1950s/

Not only have they seen it, they've cosplayed it. 

I'm astonished that in 2013, the Boyer gals still had never seen an Audrey movie, given their love of oh-so-classy vintage fashion. You love frills and hats but have never felt the need to see My Fair Lady? Wha-haaaa? I hope Jessica has been able to see Funny Face, for the wedding dress inspo!

I hope someone starts a new thread for the Boyers soon, we need more fundies of the histrionic dressup kind to fill the DPIAT-shaped hole in my DPIAT-shaped heart :(

Gotta say, the Boyers have some real sewing talent - they could easily go pro. I too would like a thread on them because their style and sewing skills are making me like them a lot.

On 1/17/2016 at 10:42 AM, HereticHick said:

22 year old Hannah Paine is a'courting Dan Imondi, who is a senior at a bible college in Oklahoma: https://twitter.com/dan_imondi

SInce I assume this is his last semester, I predict an engagement this spring & a wedding this summer.  Erin Bates Paine will either be a matron of honor, or bang the hell out of the piano. And since the wedding will be Oklahoma, not too far from the Duggars, I assume a few will be in attendance.

I went to check Dan's twitter after reading this to see if there were any updates.  Instead of a pending engagement, his account is scrubbed of anything pertaining to Hannah.

21 minutes ago, 3BluBs said:

I went to check Dan's twitter after reading this to see if there were any updates.  Instead of a pending engagement, his account is scrubbed of anything pertaining to Hannah.

And a tweet 5 hours ago about 'life's trials'.

Perhaps this has more to do with the lawsuit against the IBLP BoD rather than a failed courtship.

On 1/26/2016 at 2:19 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Perhaps this has more to do with the lawsuit against the IBLP BoD rather than a failed courtship.

I dunno. I fear heart pieces have been lost. A  2016 blizzard fatality.:tw_dissapointed_relieved:

Maybe this is one of the things that Chad Paine was worried about in his recent posting.

Hannah is a lovely young woman.  Lawson Bates, whaddya think?

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 11:06 PM, EmainMacha said:

And a tweet 5 hours ago about 'life's trials'.

He seems to have deleted this tweet. Reading FJ Dan?

4 minutes ago, EmainMacha said:

He seems to have deleted this tweet. Reading FJ Dan?

Maybe they made up?

Make-up handholding is the best, y'all

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived