IGNORED

Sunshine Mary: I'd rather be owned by my hubby, not the gov

antares

Ummm.....wouldn't must woman want to be owned by neither? I am on disability for mental health issues. I am not violent or insane and my medication has helped me a lot. However, just because I get money and soon insurance from the government does not mean the government owns me.

The government is there to help people society has deemed needing of help and it helps them. Helping someone is not owning them

Sure, I'd rather be owned by my husband than by the government. Fortunately, this is not a dilemma anyone faces (outside of Sunshine Mary's imagination.)

By her logic, isn't her murse husband "owned" by the hospital he works for? And if the hospital is subsidized by the government, then doesn't the government ultimately own both of them?

Hmmm let's see....I have the choice of being owned by a misogynist, wife beating, cheating man with :think: self-esteem issues OR a government which would provide me with food stamps, rental assistance, low cost education and medical care while asking exactly nothing in return until I can earn enough to pay taxes. Which one would I choose??? :think:

Archived