IGNORED

Sunshine Mary posts photos of herself and her alpha hubby

snuggles911

After screeching about being "doxed" on parody blogs created by some of her Free Jinger fans and complaining that someone stole her Facebook photos, Sunshine Mary has posted a photo of herself and one of her husband, Holy Hand Grenade on Manboobz.

Manboobz wrote a great post yesterday about how Amanda Marcotte, a well-known feminist writer, tore apart one of Sunshine's essays about how feminism has turned women into sex objects. It got a lot of comments including one with a link to a Free Jinger post about Sunshine that contained one of the photos allegedly stolen from Facebook.

Sunshine got upset and added a comment of her own in an attempt to defend herself and her anti-feminist views:

First, a side bar: thank you Mr. Futrelle for removing the link to the images that were stolen from my private Facebook account. The first picture depicts my sister and four of my children. The second picture depicts the back of my daughter’s head; there is also a man whom I don’t know off to the right in the picture who probably wouldn’t appreciate people claiming that he is my husband. If people want to come after me, fine. I’ve made myself a target and expect it. But my children and random strangers in my private photos should be left out of it. For that reason, I aggressively pursue copyright violations of my stolen images.

Second, I’ve never claimed that my husband is an uber-alpha nor that I’m some beauty; other people have said that, and I have denied it. In fact, I have repeatedly said we are dead average looking. I’ve posted pictures of us on my own blog (this is me, this is him – not especially beautiful people…middle aged and plain).

Third, obesity is a health epidemic in our country; feminists are doing no one any favors with their delusional fat acceptance movement. I’ve been very open about the fact that I struggled with my weight in my thirties, at one point ballooning up to 185 pounds (I’m 5’7″) after the birth of our last child. Going by what feminists say, I should have just accepted that and told my husband to suck it up and deal with the fact that he had a chubster for a wife. Instead, I got my butt in gear on the treadmill and slimmed down considerably in my 40s, but it is still a daily struggle. To say that men on average find fat women attractive is simply denialist. Most men do not. It’s that simple.

Here is a broken link to her comment, which has links to photos of her and Holy Hand Grenade's. I know some Free Jingers expressed curiosity about what he looked like in a post from a few months ago. If you can't see it at first, scroll down to Sunshine's comment. It has her gravatar: manboobz.com/2013/10/17/amanda-marcotte-takes-down-sunshine-mary-mary-digs-her-hole-deeper/comment-page-2/#comments

He is very average looking. He kind of reminds me of a college frat boy plus 20 years. I'm having a hard time imagining him sleeping with 30 different women.

Though I don't always agree with her, Amanda Marcotte was spot on in her article about SSM. It's a pity that SSM doesn't realize that her life would probably be infinitely times happier without her emotionally abusive husband.

ETA: And if she were happier, she could stop posting some of the most awful, poisonous blog posts I've ever read.

So she's gonna stick with that picture, is she? As others have pointed out, either that's an old picture, or Shitstain's style is a little outdated. Of course, if the look she was going for was "Meeting the gang at a pub for a 'Friends' watching party", she nailed it!

She should change her name to Morose Mary. She can give a laughing hyena depression.

I scrolled through the comments but didn't see it. Is it posted under the name sunshine?

He is very average looking. He kind of reminds me of a college frat boy plus 20 years. I'm having a hard time imagining him sleeping with 30 different women.

Though I don't always agree with her, Amanda Marcotte was spot on in her article about SSM. It's a pity that SSM doesn't realize that her life would probably be infinitely times happier without her emotionally abusive husband.

ETA: And if she were happier, she could stop posting some of the most awful, poisonous blog posts I've ever read.

I don't see the pic of SSM and HHG. I have seen a pic of SSM and she is average looking. IIRC, HHG's affairs were mostly at work. I think in some workplaces, average looking people can sometimes get that kind of attention. There was a gossip in my middle school and high school about teachers who were having affairs with other teachers or staff members. I remember the rumored teachers were average looking. I remember years ago, I was on another message board and there was a woman freaking out because her husband was in medical school and she had been hearing various about affair stories in the healthcare workplace.

They are still there! Scroll down pretty far to the comments to find SSM's. The links aren't obvious, but through a "here" and "here".

I'd put them in this post if i had any earthly idea how to do that through an ipad.

Here they are:

[attachment=1]sunshine-soft-light2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]dad-at-the-park.jpg[/attachment]

You know if I didn't know how horrid these two were via SSM's oh-so enlightening blog, I'd figure they were just a nice, reasonably attractive couple I'd see at church, the grocery store, my favorite pizza joint. It's the inside that brings the fug.

You know if I didn't know how horrid these two were via SSM's oh-so enlightening blog, I'd figure they were just a nice, reasonably attractive couple I'd see at church, the grocery store, my favorite pizza joint. It's the inside that brings the fug.

I actually don't think that picture is particularly complimentary. It's the downward selfie pose that people on facebook/dating sites use look slimmer and/or younger; she's got the bangs combed over to cover up her forehead; and a shit-ton of make-up. And, of course, the "soft light."

Pictures like that make me think a woman's got self-esteem issues about her appearance. It doesn't look natural. It looks like she's trying very, very hard to look younger than she is.

Sadly, I do find the husband cute. :( I think it's the Red Wings shirt he's wearing.

I actually don't think that picture is particularly complimentary. It's the downward selfie pose that people on facebook/dating sites use look slimmer and/or younger; she's got the bangs combed over to cover up her forehead; and a shit-ton of make-up. And, of course, the "soft light."

Pictures like that make me think a woman's got self-esteem issues about her appearance. It doesn't look natural. It looks like she's trying very, very hard to look younger than she is.

Sadly, I do find the husband cute. :( I think it's the Red Wings shirt he's wearing.

Well, regarding the make-up, lighting, hair style-I totally understand wanting to present yourself in the best possible way when it comes to showing yourself on-line. I wouldn't put a picture of myself on-line in my current get-up. I'm in yoga pants and a fleece top. I have my hair pulled back in a sloppy pony tail and I have no make-up on. I want to put a reasonably decent pic of me on my new blog so you better believe me I'm going to put some effort in how I look. Yet, when it comes to my blog, it's the content that means most to me. I want to consistently write blog posts that are entertaining, interesting and fun to read. That means more to me than if I look like a super model. Believe me, I don't.

But I've noticed that MRAs, anti-feminists and others of that ilk are obsessed with how women look-their weight, outfits, hairstyles, skin tone, etc. They act like they are being assaulted if woman isn't a size two or something. Get over it. Seriously.

Maybe these people are obsessed with how women look because for a lot of extreme right wing women (Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Chicks on the Right, etc) attractiveness is the only thing they bring to the table.

I dunno man. I've spent so much time in the reactionary sphere including mras, race realists, white nationalists, etc that I don't find these mainstream type of conservatives that 'far right' anymore, lol. Even the ones tha are idiots by mainstream standards like palin.

Keep in mind that the reactionary right dosent like the Republican Party. Most of them are paleoconservatives or some kind of libertarian. They tend to be anti drug war, anti interventionist, etc. they think republicans and mainline neoconservatives are not true conservatives.

Wearing a Wings shirt right now. Bummed to have anything in common with those people.

I haven't read SSM's current thread at Manboobz, but there was an earlier one where she commented, then quickly swore (at her own blog) that she'd never again post at such a horrible mean nasty feminist site. The blog regulars just weren't slobbering over her asinine self like her own little troupe of fanboy MRAs. Too bad she couldn't stick the flounce!

Whoa!! Someone needs to teach SSM basic color theory. Her hair color clashes with her skin tone, making her look washed out. She also needs to learn how to apply makeup properly. Her makeup looks caked on and un-natural, even in soft light. A little green corrector would do wonders for her! That is NOT a flattering pic at all!!

I think they're an attractive, normal-looking couple. They're like the middle-aged parents who live in my neighborhood.

Sunshine has pretty eyes, but her hair color is too one-toned and bleached out. It would be more flattering if she had some low lights to make it look more natural. I can't comment on her makeup since I don't wear makeup myself and have no idea about how to apply it.

Her husband is attractive though not gorgeous like I imagined him to be based on Sunshine's descriptions and how he has allegedly cheated multiple times. He has full lips and a strong jaw, which are nice features in a guy. I wish he wasn't wearing sunglasses so we could see what his eyes look like. The eyes are the mirror to the soul, you know.

I just checked out Sunshine's blog for the first time and :pink-shock: ! People like this exist? I have met weird people before but nothing like, words cannot describe, is this a nightmare, wake me up when its over, I am in shock now, the world is going, going, going......gone.

*curls up in fetal position*

Actually, now that I'm seeing HHG's picture again, I think he looks like a petulant, spoiled brat. And SSM's smile looks forced. But maybe I just want them to be horrifically awful looking because SSM's blog is so horrifically awful.

I just checked out Sunshine's blog for the first time and :pink-shock: ! People like this exist? I have met weird people before but nothing like, words cannot describe, is this a nightmare, wake me up when its over, I am in shock now, the world is going, going, going......gone.

*curls up in fetal position*

When I started reading SSM's blog there were a few things that shocked me a bit like some of the MRA stuff. I had been reading other fundie type blogs for a few years before discovering people like Lori A. and SSM. There are things about SSM and Lori A. that bug me more than people like Zsu and Kelly C.

They look like regular people. SSM has pulled out the flattering selfie pose in soft light but then all kinds of people take those pictures. I've done it once or twice myself. I don't find Mr Sunshine attractive at all but that could be because I know the kind of messed up thoughts he has.

I'd love them to be hideous ugly beasts who reflect their inner hate outwards but they're not.

The thing that I don't really understand about Shitstain is why she is so angry at women who make different choices to her. If she wants to make the choice to be a submissive wife and understands that there is a historical context there of women being exploited, that's cool with me! If the angle of her blog focused about the positives of her submissive relationship rather than bashing the choices of other women, she might even manage to convince some new people to try it out. When I read her blog right now I see someone who is desperately trying to rationalize her choices by tearing others down. Kind of funny given she is always going on and on about feminists rationalizing.

Feminism questions "traditional" gender roles because there is strong historical evidence that they go together with the abuse and exploitation of women. SSM questions feminists because she has decided to hold onto her cheating husband by bending to his will and if she has to suffer that, everyone should?

From the comments to the original SSM post: (made by SSM herself, of course)

"Sluts want to be semen toilets for lots of men; married women want to be semen toilets for one man, or at least light-heartedly treated that way in the bedroom."

I um. It's rare I find myself speechless. And yet here we are.

HOW?! Do you live life like this. HOW?!

Archived