IGNORED

Teri Maxwell embarrasses/insults me

MamaJunebug

Sometimes, God says "No".

Yes, as my pastor taught me in confirmation class: "No" is also an answer to prayer. So you see, God has ALL the bases covered since he's got this Master Plan he's not sharing with us.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.........

IF God is watching he knows I'm joking and he gave me my sense of humour so he should be quite happy I'm using it. He probably knows what with him being all knowing and so forth that he created a good one. Not one who asks for random shit in his name.

He's probs cool with me being in a huff about the lottery because like me he knows it's not about what you want or say, it's about what you do.

Still pissed off about the lottery. God...word in your shell like.

Well fuck you all. I did not win the lottery and that is pure shit.

Thought of this old joke for you:

John, who was in financial difficulty, walked into a church and started to pray. ''Listen God,'' John said. ''I know I haven't been perfect but I really need to win the lottery. I don't have a lot of money. Please help me out.'' He left the church, a week went by, and he hadn't won the lottery, so he walked into a synagogue. ''Come on, God,'' he said. ''I really need this money. My mom needs surgery and I have bills to pay. Please let me win the lottery.'' He left the synagogue, a week went by, and he didn't win the lottery. So, he went to a mosque and started to pray again. ''You're starting to disappoint me, God,'' he said. ''I've prayed and prayed. If you just let me win the lottery, I'll be a better person. I don't have to win the jackpot, just enough to get me out of debt. I'll give some to charity, even. Just let me win the lottery.'' John thought this did it, so he got up and walked outside.

The clouds opened up and a booming voice said, ''John, buy a fucking lottery ticket.''

You did buy one, right? :lol:

These are both Christian organization's......I often wonder if this is just a place to complain about what other people do

I like to complain about people who don't know when or where to stick their apostrophes.

Just curious what people here on FJ do to take care of others?

I, for example, sponsor 3 children monthly with Compassion International and annually support Samaritan's Purse Christmas Shoe Boxes. These are both Christian organization's...I'm sure there are many secular choices. We also support various local charities, secular and christian. I usually only donate to 4 star rated organizations on Charity Navigator http://www.charitynavigator.org/ I would encourage everyone to read the tips on this site. We routinely donate 12-15% of our annual income.

You aren't going to win the giving Olympics here. I am not going to detail what I do because it is rude,

I am a Christian...and I did think about it before posting my charitable giving. I elected to do so on an anonymous chat board for one primary reason...as I read the opinions of others who post here, I often wonder if this is just a place to complain about what other people do, or if it is a place where people can be encouraged to make a difference. Our giving is never something we talk about in public...and I wrongly thought this would be an OK place to mention it. I was wrong.... :embarrassed:

You don't read closely or you wouldn't have to ask what fj'ers do to help others. It comes up often organically.

Ok...did someone from here post a comment on the Maxwell blog as "Erika"? Erika tells Terri about the time she prayed so her husband would remember to bring home the take out food? :lol:

Ok...did someone from here post a comment on the Maxwell blog as "Erika"? Erika tells Terri about the time she prayed so her husband would remember to bring home the take out food? :lol:

I saw that, too, and was wondering the same thing. It's gotta be JohnHugh, right? Going to her bedroom to pray -- LOL.

Sometimes, God says "No".

Sometimes God also says wait. Perhaps next time? You are in my prayers. :pray:

I am now praying over wether to go for a lucky dip or my own numbers. Wether to give midweek lottery a bash and or also Euro Lottery. So many bloody prayers :(

My fault probably OTBT. I most likely prayed for you to win our local lottery, but you most likely bought your ticket for your own local lottery.

God misunderstood, obviously, and had your numbers come up in a different lottery.

The solution is that you will have to buy a ticket in every lottery in North America.

Even then, it is possible that your numbers could come up in Europe somewhere.

Ah well. His ways are mysterious.

Dunno, but in the past Teri has posted about praying for God to make Steve remember to pick up/call out for some pizza.

In my house, we're lazy, it's far easier for me to just poke The Husband and tell him "oh yeah don't forget to order the pizza." Direct, wastes less of God's time, faster, and dare I say it more successful.

Pattygbucks, to address the substance of your question, there is an annual charitable fundraiser on this board that raised quite a bit of money for Heifer International last year. We welcome you to make this year's fundraiser a part of your charitable giving when it is announced.

Dunno, but in the past Teri has posted about praying for God to make Steve remember to pick up/call out for some pizza.

In my house, we're lazy, it's far easier for me to just poke The Husband and tell him "oh yeah don't forget to order the pizza." Direct, wastes less of God's time, faster, and dare I say it more successful.

I just get the pizza myself. Problem solved! :clap:

Totally ironic but the gospel today at my church was about praying repeatedly for things you desire. I was so tempted to jump up and ask questions during the homily, bringing up points from this post, but restrained myself.

My fault probably OTBT. I most likely prayed for you to win our local lottery, but you most likely bought your ticket for your own local lottery.

God misunderstood, obviously, and had your numbers come up in a different lottery.

The solution is that you will have to buy a ticket in every lottery in North America.

Cripes--- yeah, be sure you're praying to win the SPECIFIC lottery for which you've bought a ticket, or you run the risk of God dialing up your numbers in Spain, North Carolina, etc.-- and you'll "win" as far as numbers coming up, but not in terms of getting any actual money. So many prayers!

Is there not like a direct lottery prayer?

Dear God, I need a wad.

Dear God hear my holler, show me the dollar.

Is there not like a direct lottery prayer?

Dear God, I need a wad.

Dear God hear my holler, show me the dollar.

I always liked the prayer of the Vegas gambler:

Lord, let me break even.

Totally ironic but the gospel today at my church was about praying repeatedly for things you desire. I was so tempted to jump up and ask questions during the homily, bringing up points from this post, but restrained myself.

At my church today's sermon was about persistence, but I'm Methodist.

Archived