IGNORED

James Ference is a dad again...

He is still on Plenty of Fish. His yahoo and AIM ID is "concertpianistkc" So he is pretending he is with the orchestra? What does he do for income?

I know POF is a freebie site so he may have overlooked it, but still...he's married. Again. He really should take it down. It's crappy anyway.

Hmmmm....he has a "show cause" hearing scheduled on 11/21/13 regarding non-payment of child support. The summons was served to his "roommate" Chelsea Hodapp.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases ... Dockets.do

He was originally ordered to pay $700 a month, plus $100 a month towards the $2100 in arrears. He never paid anywhere near that, and she has been fighting tooth and nail to get anything since 12/11.

I want to say that Chelsea is young and dumb, but water rises to it's own level. She had plenty of information available to her and she chose to make a baby with the man. She accepted the summons. She knows what is going on.

Nice sleuthing work. So Chelsea is his "roommate?" Sure she is, for tax purposes, I suppose...

I agree that she must know what is going on and willfully choose to ignore it. Her dad also raised a stink on the "James Ference is a liar" blog when they first got together, accusing the blogger of making up the facts they were publishing about James. At least that's what he seemed to be intending to do - he seemed to have a pretty tenuous grasp on fact, logic, and written communication. I remember the phrase, "don't piss into the wind and tell me it's raining, " trotted out multiple times as some sort of statement of disproof; disproving what, exactly, I have no idea. Her family members seem to be willfully ignorant of the facts about James, along with Chelsea.

I don't think they are legally married. I can't find it if they are.

She is still using her maiden name or the made up name. Yes, this might be intentional to avoid any google relationship to him, but it could also be because they aren't legally married.

Chelsea may have been a huge problem child that her dad was grateful to get married off...who knows? I am curious as hell to know where they are living, as they were evicted from their last place, and James has at least one other eviction. It doesn't look like they have any evictions in Johnson County, KS, but it is hella expensive over there (compared to KCMO) and undoubtedly there would be credit checks with most landlords. He is really running out of options. I get that he is a smooth talker with a young "wife" and baby, but that only goes so far.

They say there is someone for everyone. Maybe they found each other. I am not seeing Chelsea as a victim...she probably knew exactly what she was getting into. Yes, she was only 19 and we were all stupid at 19, but she went and had a baby with him, so I lost some sympathy. Go and be stupid, but please don't drag innocent babies into it.

He is still on Plenty of Fish. His yahoo and AIM ID is "concertpianistkc" So he is pretending he is with the orchestra? What does he do for income?

I know POF is a freebie site so he may have overlooked it, but still...he's married. Again. He really should take it down. It's crappy anyway.

Hmmmm....he has a "show cause" hearing scheduled on 11/21/13 regarding non-payment of child support. The summons was served to his "roommate" Chelsea Hodapp.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases ... Dockets.do

He was originally ordered to pay $700 a month, plus $100 a month towards the $2100 in arrears. He never paid anywhere near that, and she has been fighting tooth and nail to get anything since 12/11.

I want to say that Chelsea is young and dumb, but water rises to it's own level. She had plenty of information available to her and she chose to make a baby with the man. She accepted the summons. She knows what is going on.

Chelsea's the victim of a sociopath. I guarantee you he has a story for everything that paints him as the victim. Sure, she accepted the summons, but she's been told it's his vicious ex screwing him over and he really paid, or really wanted to, and it's not his fault and why is she doing this to him?

Don't blame the poor girl. She'll be reaping the whirlwind soon enough.

http://records.jacksongov.org/docdetail ... oWw%21zIwM

According to the above link, James and Chelsea are officially married as of June 2013...a month or so before the facebook post of them and their baby which was dated July 29. Wasn't their Halloween wedding in October 2011? Wonder what story he cooked up to get her to wait two years before making it official?

I was under the impression that James wasn't ever really a fundie? He just happened to marry one...

I was under the impression that James wasn't ever really a fundie? He just happened to marry one...

Yeah, I have to concede that one...unless pretending to be a fundie for a few months while you are really a several-times-divorced-father of at least three children counts? It's safe to say he is definitely no fundie anymore. But I still definitely want to follow this scumbag's illegal shenanigans, y'know?

He's not a fundie, but I think he's enough of a trainwreck to follow.

Gah. SO glad Natalie got away from him. If there's one thing FJ ever did right, it was provide her enough evidence to confront him.

ETA: Holy shit, this means Chelsea is his FIFTH WIFE. And one of the witnesses to their marriage was "Philadelphia Hodapp." WTF?

Chelsea's facebook page is still fairly private, however you can access Curt Hodapp's facebook which is quite public.

I'm still in stitches from the Halloween wedding photos, with Chelsea's parents dressed in costume as a pair of bums to give their daughter away.

I don't know any details about them or their relationship but on the surface?.....it seems the couple is still going strong. They just married, had a baby together, and everyone seems all smiles.

When James gets arrested for an outstanding warrant is Curt gonna still defend him, lol?

He ain't fundie but he sure is popular amongst fundie ladies considering he married 5 of them. :lol: Fundie by association perhaps? :P

Also, i saw photo on his fb page showing his older kids from his first marriage visiting the baby. How this guy even has visitation rights for those children, I can't comprehend.

Those are his kids? I just assumed they were his [current (sort-of)] wife's kids. The girl looks just like Chelsea.

Those are his kids? I just assumed they were his [current (sort-of)] wife's kids. The girl looks just like Chelsea.

She's probably too young to be the mother of those kids.

She's probably too young to be the mother of those kids.

I assumed they were James's kids, because they looked slightly older than the young boy and girl whose pictures were posted on Natalie's blog when she and Ference were first married, and similar enough in appearance. The fact that James had posted the picture instead of Chelsea led me to think they must be his kids. Also, Chelsea was only 19 or so when they were "married" in the Halloween ceremony, and the kids weren't in those pictures that I recall. Yes, it's all conjecture, but it has some foundation.

Looking at James' history with the courts is telling. Lots of defaulting, dodging rent, not paying bills, unpaid child support.......

And IIRC, he lied through his teeth to Natalie about everything from how many times he'd been married to how many kids he had, staged a holdup (complete with GUN) so he "couldn't get married" due to having to replace everything from his driving license to his social security card because it was "stolen" during the "robbery," and even managed to lie about his spotty job history.

Natalie recently wrote a piece on her marriages that mentions the robbery. I can't even imagine learning that one of the most terrifying experiences of your life was actually SET UP by your sociopathic partner to avoid telling you was married to to someone else for your entire relationship. And that he had done it BEFORE, for the same reason, to another woman.

Anyone taking bets on how long Chelsea has until she figures out her darling husband is a sociopath and a con man?

ETA: Those kids are the right age to be his. Also, grandpa Curt Hodapp - who's the nutty kind of fundie Catholic - posted a pic of himself with the baby and referred to the newest Ference as "Gabriel." Nice name, cute kid, sorry about the train wreck you've just been born into, Gabe!

It's too bad that Chelsea can't really even go home to her parents when/if the shit hits the fan. At least Natalie had that option.

It appears as though James is working at an insurance agency (at least that's where they are garnishing his wages) so why can't child support figure it out? It is very aggravating to me that they are so bad at tracking him down when he is working in MO. Seriously.

• 1 month later...

Just for clarification, I'm wife #3, and I am not and never have been a "fundie". Neither was/is wives #1 & #2. Christians? Yes. But the normal, non Duggar kind. :D James was adopted at a young age an raised in a very devout but loving Catholic home. I'm not sure when he started dating protestants like myself or why. He used to give sob stories about how awful his parents were. He told the same stories to the wife before me. Also, those kids in the pic are his. He has visitation because unfortunately being a scheming douche doesn't legally prevent you from visits, even if you don't pay support. By the way, he paid support the whole time he was with me, but a lot of that was because I made sure he did.I would remind him incessantly, and he would begrudgingly do it. He used to talk about how much he resented it though, and right before shiz hit the fan, he told me he wasn't going to pay it anymore.

Welcome back, NVS!

It continually astonishes me that people buy what James Ference is selling. He must be some charmer in person, because online he looks like just another douchenozzle.

• 9 months later...

WTF. Seriously. Doesn't he have creditors after him? Exes looking for child support? How can one fugly con man/sociopath get AWAY with this shit?

Damn, I'm glad Natalie got away when she did.

I'm just waiting for the giant anvil of 'told-you-so' to fall directly on top of Curt Hodapp giant empty head. I blame HIM for his own daughter getting victimized by this POS James. Even with all of us screaming warnings at her, Daddy gave his blessing and encouraged the marriage which really made our voices irrelevant since Daddy knows best.

He makes me the angriest of them all. Worse than a sociopath are the blind enablers.

Archived