IGNORED

John Shrader's Menorah

GeoBQn

I think that comment from Jennifer Mccaslin is one of the worst parts. Shrader totally and completely made up that interpretation of the menorah, but his leghumpers believe every word he says :|

Also, how many times did he talk about being angry and offended over the people in Burundi who called themselves Baptist but weren't? Wouldn't he want a similar level of respect for other traditions? Oh, nevermind... :roll:

I think that comment from Jennifer Mccaslin is one of the worst parts. Shrader totally and completely made up that interpretation of the menorah, but his leghumpers believe every word he says :|

Also, how many times did he talk about being angry and offended over the people in Burundi who called themselves Baptist but weren't? Wouldn't he want a similar level of respect for other traditions? Oh, nevermind... :roll:

I thought fundies prided themselves on reading the whole bible multiple times. And they don't know about the "only oil for one night" story.

Theres a humper on his page having a very hard time having her precious johnny disagreed with...

Richard Mitten You do know that the Menorah has absolutely nothing to do with marriage, right? Your use of it has no biblical basis and is actually offensive.

2 hours ago · Like

Sisi Ville The menorah symbolized the ideal of universal enlightenment. The seven lamps allude to the branches of human knowledge, represented by the six lamps inclined inwards towards, and symbolically guided by, the light of God represented by the central lamp. The menorah also symbolizes the creation in seven days, with the center light representing the Sabbath.[1] It is also said to symbolize the burning bush as seen by Moses on Mount Horeb (Exodus 3).

2 hours ago · Unlike · 1

John Esther Shrader Jennifer, this is not the meaning of the Menorah in Jewish culture. This was my wife and I tying Jewish and Christian heritage together in a creative way and seeking to honor our parents. I would fact check the post by Sisi, and Richard, feel free to un-friend us if we offend you. Just curious, why did you friend request us anyway?

36 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

John Esther Shrader No offense Sisi

31 minutes ago via mobile · Like

John Esther Shrader Probably the statement about universal enlightenment is what's making me nervous...

30 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Regina Theriot Landry Tell Esther i lovvve it and pics are BeAuTiFuL!!!!!!

18 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Richard Mitten The Menorah, its use and its function as commandments from God in Exodus. Contained in Exodus 25, the Lord spells out how His temple is to be built and adorned, including the Menorah. I disagree that you can tie "Jewish and Christian heritage" together by appropriating an explicit commandment. If you read the verse differently then that is your right, but my understanding is that the Menorah is for Temple use only.

10 minutes ago · Like

Richard Mitten 31 “Make a lampstand of pure gold. Hammer out its base and shaft, and make its flowerlike cups, buds and blossoms of one piece with them. 32 Six branches are to extend from the sides of the lampstand—three on one side and three on the other. 33 Three cups shaped like almond flowers with buds and blossoms are to be on one branch, three on the next branch, and the same for all six branches extending from the lampstand. 34 And on the lampstand there are to be four cups shaped like almond flowers with buds and blossoms. 35 One bud shall be under the first pair of branches extending from the lampstand, a second bud under the second pair, and a third bud under the third pair—six branches in all. 36 The buds and branches shall all be of one piece with the lampstand, hammered out of pure gold.

37 “Then make its seven lamps and set them up on it so that they light the space in front of it. 38 Its wick trimmers and trays are to be of pure gold. 39 A talent[f] of pure gold is to be used for the lampstand and all these accessories. 40 See that you make them according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.

10 minutes ago · Like

Regina Theriot Landry So their marriage is their union and a temple in my eyes to be protected and adored soooo i am not a big theo master but will forgive u Richard for being zo rude to very sweet peep i pray for.....

7 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Richard Mitten I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to point out a theological issue. The Temple is a real place commanded by God.

5 minutes ago · Like

Regina Theriot Landry Ok then plz inbox and stop debating on something that is starting to upset others thank u and use another forum for ur overgrown knowledge that showing a not so pretty side of something i feel is beautiful. God bless and inbox* plz

2 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Richard Mitten Discussing scripture is upsetting to you? Ok...

a few seconds ago · Like

"Discussing scripture is upsetting you? Ok." :lol: Perfect response.

No asked nicely if u wanna debate use other platform and thx for reminding me y it erks me when peep think they SOOOO smart that makes u feel better to TALK DOWN @ others..... peace out like i said ----forgiven!

Irks is the word you are looking for. And I didn't get a lot of forgiveness from that post, Regina.

"Discussing scripture is upsetting you? Ok." :lol: Perfect response.

No asked nicely if u wanna debate use other platform and thx for reminding me y it erks me when peep think they SOOOO smart that makes u feel better to TALK DOWN @ others..... peace out like i said ----forgiven!

Irks is the word you are looking for. And I didn't get a lot of forgiveness from that post, Regina.

Its amazing the little things that "upset" fundies. Heaven forbid they follow scripture! Nope, its much more "beautiful" their way. But, oh yeah, we're all "doing it wrong" with respect to everything else.

Should we mention to them that at the time of Exodus polygamy was most likely still practiced?

Appropriating rituals, symbols and customs from another culture or religion and twisting their meanings to suit your own agenda is ALWAYS offensive, no matter who's doing it. And it's even more offensive when you seem to be telling the owners (for lack of better word) of those customs, etc. that THEY'RE DOING IT WRONG and you know better.

You know, John, I'm an avid gardener and sometimes those pesky birds can really wreak havoc with my garden. So it struck me the other day that Jesus on the cross looks kinda like...a scarecrow. So I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I got a big ol' Jesus, dressed him up in jeans and straw hat and stuck him in the ground with the corn. Because I'm so into the earth and all that so it would be really cool, right? After all, Jesus was all about helping people, and keeping the birds out of my garden would be a BIG help to me. No, not at all offensive... :roll:

Regina Theriot Landry Ok then plz inbox and stop debating on something that is starting to upset others thank u and use another forum for ur overgrown knowledge that showing a not so pretty side of something i feel is beautiful. God bless and inbox* plz

So in other words, "please don't spoil my enojyment of a piece of pure theatre by actually trying to tell me facts. I WANT MY HAPPY MAKE-BELIEVE PLACE."

*inarticulate keysmashing*

Seriously, grow the fuck up, woman.

He wants to know why Richard friended him. Come up with something godly sounding that he can't bash.

Yeah, you and

ur overgrown knowledge.

Take that shit someplace else! Don't you know there's no place for "overgrown knowledge" in religious discussions?

:dancing-demon:

I thought fundies prided themselves on reading the whole bible multiple times. And they don't know about the "only oil for one night" story.

Actually in this case, they do not. It is not in their bibles. The Maccabees' story is part of the Apocrypha, non canonical books in the bibles of the idolatrous Orthodox and Catholics.

I'd be cool with letting them borrow some Orthodox rituals for weddings, as a favor to Jews everywhere, but it would probably be a "No Go". One of them involves wreath crowns that make the bride and the groom Queen and King of the home. That goes against the teaching of the wife as the submissive doula. If that isn't bad enough, the bride and the groom have to share a cup of wine in church. Not grape juice. :naughty: Pa Keller would stroke out on the spot.

thoughtful for President! No--for GOD!

Aw, gosh -- I'm blushing.

However, I do not want to be God. No doubt, while some would worship me in a moderate way, writing parodies, making LOLs, and helping the poor, there would end up being an obnoxious fundie cult of Reformed Thoughtfultarians, exaggerating everything and borrowing things from other traditions all over the place.

They would probably use a crucifix as a softball bat, claiming they were creating a new tradition of God in Sport.

Then would come the parodies written to sacred Native American chants, the Koran used for wallpaper, and Communion with a black and white cookie iced like the yin-yang symbol (and actual Kool-Aid).

Then hobble skirts for women, so they can barely walk.

Instead of maintaining the tradition of never pronouncing my name aloud, they would not only tattoo it all over themselves and put it on t-shirts, they would shorten it, calling me "Thaw" like we were best buds.

No thanks -- I don't wanna be God! Some people can really mess up a deity's day! :lol:

Actually in this case, they do not. It is not in their bibles. The Maccabees' story is part of the Apocrypha, non canonical books in the bibles of the idolatrous Orthodox and Catholics.

Also, that's a whole other menorah.

He wants to know why Richard friended him. Come up with something godly sounding that he can't bash.

"I have a heart for missionaries, and feel God's calling to see to it that missionaries preach right theology and not heresy. It concerns me that John, as a missionary, is teaching something that is not Biblically sound. The Menorah should not be lit outside of the Temple, and the Third Temple has not been built yet. Though one can make an analogy that marriage is a sort of temple, the Bible is very specific about the use of the Menorah in the worship of God."

Richard Mitten I've followed you for quite some time. I believe a greater understanding of the Lord and His teachings can be gained through discussion with those who live His word. There are many translations and interpretations, if I listened to just my own my hor...See More

4 hours ago · Like · 1

Regina Theriot Landry Pravo

4 hours ago via mobile · Like

John Esther Shrader Just wondering sir. Thanks for answering my question

4 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 1

Richard has not been unfriended. :dance:

I'd be cool with letting them borrow some Orthodox rituals for weddings, as a favor to Jews everywhere, but it would probably be a "No Go". One of them involves wreath crowns that make the bride and the groom Queen and King of the home. That goes against the teaching of the wife as the submissive doula. If that isn't bad enough, the bride and the groom have to share a cup of wine in church. Not grape juice. :naughty: Pa Keller would stroke out on the spot.

I'm Byzantine Catholic, so a lot of our wedding traditions are similar to the Orthodox church. In addition to the wedding crowns (ours were literally crowns; we could have made our own wreaths if we wanted to, but chose to use the church's set of crowns instead), at the start of the ceremony, the bride and the groom walked down the aisle (not isle) together to show that we were both entering into this union of our own free wills - no transferring of authority there!

He just couldnt let Richard have the last word, could he? John agrees that Richard should have PM'd him, rather than posting the actual scripture on his wall, citing Matthew 18.

Ugh, OK... lets play "bible learning time" again Mr. Missionary...

15 “If your brother or sister[a] sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[c] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

1 - Is the misappropriation of a commandment a sin? If it is, was the "sin" committed by John alone or by all those who view it and "adopt" it as a "good idea?"

I will operate under the assumption that when a "sin" is public, the offense if not committed against me and, therefore, must be discussed outside of "just the two of you."

2 - We all know damn well he wasnt going to listen, especially considering that the post is still up.

3 - Since he has not listened, his "sin" of desecrating a commandment and "appropriating" a menorah is to be broadcast to the world.

But,ah, of course! John didnt read the whole verse because that would not be convenient! Lets look at the entire verse:

At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?â€

2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

Causing to Stumble

6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. 7 Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come! 8 If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9 And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

The Parable of the Wandering Sheep

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. [11] [a]

12 “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13 And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

Dealing With Sin in the Church

15 “If your brother or sister sins,[c] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven.

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.â€

The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?â€

22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[g]

23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold[h] was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.â€

Now that we have the whole thing, lets pull out two more relevant verses:

6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. 7 Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come! 8 If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9 And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Giving your sheeple the horrible idea of misusing a sacred object commanded by god is "stumbling" john. :penguin-no:

Woe to Richard who allows it...

12 “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13 And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

Better to find an correct the one sheeple that has wandered down a path of krazy than to stand around staring at the ones who are just sniffing each others asses.

23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold[h] was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.

Forgive people or you will be flogged? Torture is totes kool? Yeah, I have no fucking idea what this shit is about but I'm sure this relates somehow to banks and loans and a Duggar jewelry box.

Why do these fools refuse to follow their own damn bible? QUIT PICKING OUT INDIVIDUAL PASSAGES TO SUPPORT YOUR KRAZY!

Archived