IGNORED

Little People, Big World

homeschoolmomma1

Anyone want to guess how annoying Audrey will be in tonight's episode? I'm guessing insufferable! :P 

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

Does Audrey have to carry a gene for dwarfism too for their baby to be a LP?  My genetics is way too rusty to bust out some punnet squares.

Short answer:  I think so.

I believe Jeremy has a gene for his father's type of dwarfism (Diastrophic Dysplasia), but it's a recessive gene.  Therefore, Audrey would have to pass along the same gene to their baby in order for her to have dwarfism.  The odds of Audrey carrying the gene are likely very low.

In contrast, the type of dwarfism that Amy and Zach have (Achondroplasia) is dominant, so only one gene for it needs to be inherited in order for a child to have the condition.

Audrey and Jeremy were both insufferable last night. Holy crap on and on and on about how awkward it all was because Amy and Matt were divorced. If it's so awkward, then throw the gender reveal party somewhere else. 

And Jeremy going on about how he knew that the baby was a girl because he was having dreams about being on a lawn mower (?) with a little girl on his lap? What in the absolute fuck? How smug are you? Not only are you the perfect couple but you're the perfect PSYCHIC couple? 

I'm so glad you guys see through the Jer and Auj BS. I was reading about them on a website a while back (don't remember which one) and there were like 20+ comments talking about "godly" they were compared to heathens Zach and Tori (wtf?) and how unlikeabke Tori is and how "fake" she is. I was like are we watching the same show?? Cause I can see Jer be Auj's BS "we're perfect hipster Christians" from a mile away. Zach and Tori don't advertise their religion constantly and seem like genuinely nice people. 

29 minutes ago, mstee said:

*Snipped* and there were like 20+ comments talking about "godly" they were compared to heathens Zach and Tori (wtf?) and how unlikeabke Tori is and how "fake" she is. I was like are we watching the same show??

Oh yeah, Zach and Tori are super ungodly and fake. How dare Tori be excited about her son? Why not write a sermon talking about herself and then say about wanting more or whatever. 

I think they're adorable and Jeremy/Audrey know they aren't well liked. :P 

Wat a beautiful picture of Zach, Tori and baby. So natural and happy.

I am not sure, but I think it was in the gender reveal video where Jeremy said something like "We look forward to all the life lessons that come with raising a girl". Somehow this really rubbed me the wrong way.

14 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Short answer:  I think so.

I believe Jeremy has a gene for his father's type of dwarfism (Diastrophic Dysplasia), but it's a recessive gene.  Therefore, Audrey would have to pass along the same gene to their baby in order for her to have dwarfism.  The odds of Audrey carrying the gene are likely very low.

In contrast, the type of dwarfism that Amy and Zach have (Achondroplasia) is dominant, so only one gene for it needs to be inherited in order for a child to have the condition.

Wow awesome answer thanks! You made it super clear.

6 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Wat a beautiful picture of Zach, Tori and baby. So natural and happy.

I am not sure, but I think it was in the gender reveal video where Jeremy said something like "We look forward to all the life lessons that come with raising a girl". Somehow this really rubbed me the wrong way.

On the one hand, we don't know what sort of witless comment he might have made if it was a boy.

On the other hand, I don't think he looked happy.

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

On the one hand, we don't know what sort of witless comment he might have made if it was a boy.

On the other hand, I don't think he looked happy.

I agree. To me he didn't look excited at all, more like resigned. 

I got the magazine, and Tori had a c-section. I wonder if it is harder to have a vaginal delivery with an achondroplasia baby because the head is bigger.

I'm just glad everyone is healthy in the end.

I read somewhere they do it frequently for the baby's safety.  Plus he was something like 95th percentile for boys with achondroplasia.

@Incognito22 just to add though, I believe achondroplasia can also be cause by random mutation (I vaguely remember Amy saying this is what happened with her). So they could still have a baby with that type of dwarfism, but they are no more likely to than anyone else.

In other news, I watched last week? episode (for the first time in years). I was shouting at my computer when Tori and Zach said the baby's limbs were measuring small and his head was measuring large and Jeremy was all "what does that mean?" :pb_rollseyes: The hell do you think it means Jeremy?  I dunno, maybe I'm being to hard on him. It's not like he grew up with a mother and twin with achondroplasia and should be able to recognize the physical characteristics or anything...

On 5/31/2017 at 11:45 PM, zygote373 said:

I got the magazine, and Tori had a c-section. I wonder if it is harder to have a vaginal delivery with an achondroplasia baby because the head is bigger.

Poor Tori, I hope she's recovering well. With no Audrey to bother her! 

On 2017-5-31 at 7:15 PM, zygote373 said:

So it's confirmed their baby has dwarfism? Personally I think they're waiting til the season finale to reveal it 100% but there's been zero hints and their baby looks relatively proportionate..? Not saying I know ANYTHING about it.. just my observations.

1 minute ago, st4rfl33t said:

So it's confirmed their baby has dwarfism? Personally I think they're waiting til the season finale to reveal it 100% but there's been zero hints and their baby looks relatively proportionate..? Not saying I know ANYTHING about it.. just my observations.

Yes, they said that Jackson has achondroplasia. I believe it was in People Magazine. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Yes, they said that Jackson has achondroplasia. I believe it was in People Magazine. 

reading the article for the umpteenth time, I've finally absorbed it lol. God I'm dense sometimes. 

That's too bad, Of course, I have no doubt that baby will be so loved.

P.S. @Carm_88 if there's an -en on the rest of your name, we have the same name!

11 hours ago, st4rfl33t said:

reading the article for the umpteenth time, I've finally absorbed it lol. God I'm dense sometimes. 

That's too bad, Of course, I have no doubt that baby will be so loved.

P.S. @Carm_88 if there's an -en on the rest of your name, we have the same name!

Nope there's not! :P Good name all the same though! 

Tori is looking good. 

Spoiler

Jackson's nursery, I like that there is a Sully reminder but the blanket is something else. "I am a child of God." Well then...

I binge watch this show until I can't take anymore Jeremy. He and his wife are insufferable. I knew she was pregnant at the gender reveal and at least she didn't pull a jrod and announce it then. Reason being is that she's 12 weeks just a few weeks later she had already hit the morning sickness and her period would have been 2 weeks late. Since tori was 20 weeks at the reveal and she was 26 weeks the next episode. But I can't stand them hipster crap is thick in the pnw.  Something about those two wants to make me clap their heads together and tell them to start sniffing cause everyone else can smell the shit a mile away. Ugh

In Tori's latest post about Jackson, she says that Jackson loves his Uncle Jacob. I know Jacob had a falling out with his parents, so I'm glad he is being included and getting to see his nephew.

Jacob has said and shown photos of visiting the family regularly.  He does continue to refuse to film for the show.  He's been present at many filmed family events, but off camera.

Jeremy posted on his instagram stories that Audrey was "reading about vaccines." Hopefully they're not going the anti-vaxxer route. :my_dodgy:

23 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Jeremy posted on his instagram stories that Audrey was "reading about vaccines." Hopefully they're not going the anti-vaxxer route. :my_dodgy:

They're hipsters, so it wouldn't surprise me. 

Also Jeremy looks like a douchebag. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived