IGNORED

Little People, Big World

homeschoolmomma1

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to watch that show. I always wonder what happened to the fail twins. Those were two of the laziest sacks of shit that may have ever lived. I also felt sorry for Molly. Hope she is in a college far, far away.

Sigh, it is just TLC sending them on a crazy adventure. I would be more interested in seeing the Roloffs in their natural habitat. Do Matt and Amy live in different halves of the house? Have the fail twins finally moved out? (or at least cleaned their room?). Has anyone realized that Jacob exists?

ETA: OMG I WANT A WOMBAT! AND A KOALA BEAR!

Isn't Molly going to Washington state for college? I expect Zach is still at home and Amy is still his alarm clock. I have trouble believing TLC is still doing specials about the Roloffs.

I saw this episode where the twins had to take the SATs. It was horrible. They had Amy get them up. They told her last minute they needed Calculators. She got them breakfast, their supplies, etc. They said they never studied then were shocked at their scores :doh:

I saw this episode where the twins had to take the SATs. It was horrible. They had Amy get them up. They told her last minute they needed Calculators. She got them breakfast, their supplies, etc. They said they never studied then were shocked at their scores :doh:

There was another episode where it was like 2 weeks before graduation and Amy was suddenly made away that the fail twins were flunking a class and may not graduate. Of course the twins were clueless. But they ended up passing and were able to graduate (at the ceremony their Dad was late for because he couldn't be bother to go early to get a good seat).

Until this forum, I thought the family was just a likable, normal family. After a couple episodes, I stopped watching. You guys/gals were the ones who clued me into the fact that the Roloffs had problems.

How did the boys get into college without good grades or SAT scores?

I think they have had 3 or 4 "specials" this year alone. Jeremy leaving for school and both Matt and Amy's birthday's (50) the first special made it look like they might be splitting up or something. It wasn't though they instead expanded the farm again. Also had a special about Zach dating so maybe this is #5? Only Jeremy went away to collage Zach still lives at home and last I knew they were trying to help him find a career.

How the twins got into college? Zach went to community college so his high school diploma was all he needed. Not knocking community college, but they do have to take almost everyone who applies and pays up to their ceiling. Jeremy is going to a private photography school. Basically they'll take anyone with cash to pay tuition. That he has stayed in the program this long is kind of surprising but maybe he's found something worth working to do.

It was nice seeing the big change in Zack since his serious appearing relationship. Somewhere or other I read that TLC got enough grief from fans about canceling 'Little People, Big World' that they, and the Rolloff's, agreed to limited specials. Jacob grew up and is no longer the most annoying little brat in the history of reality TV. Now we can hope Matt, for Amy's sake, doesn't build a zoo and a reef.

I think I found a website when I was looking for info on Matt's DUI arrest, but it wasn't active all old info.

If I remember the charges may have been dropped.

My cousin in NJ was a big fan and I would have to make seasonal reconnaissance expeditions up to the farm every pumpkin season :roll:

I was flipping through channels awhile ago and I saw the special on. I liked the Roloffs when I watched their first pre-series documentary that aired in 2003 or 2004. I liked them quite a bit during the first season of the show. Over time, I grew to dislike them due to a few scandals that happend. I think Matt and Amy should have gotten a divorce. Amy never seemed happy with Matt.

I was flipping through channels awhile ago and I saw the special on. I liked the Roloffs when I watched their first pre-series documentary that aired in 2003 or 2004. I liked them quite a bit during the first season of the show. Over time, I grew to dislike them due to a few scandals that happend. I think Matt and Amy should have gotten a divorce. Amy never seemed happy with Matt.

When I first started watching them I just assumed they'd be divorced before too long. After a while I decided that in her own sick way, Amy "enjoys" the screwed up life they have and she'll never divorce him. Now I'm convinced the only way they'd ever divorce is if she were to wake up to all the enabling she does and decide to change and Matt ends up being one of the changes.

Matt used to be pretty active on Facebook. I hadn't looked at it since before it switched to timeline, I didn't even remember if it was a fan page or personal page, but it looks like a public profile now: facebook.com/RealMattRoloff

Also, there's a blog that claims to be news and commentary. There's a 2011 in review post that's kind of interesting. And also a recent post about a court case that kind of answers the question if Matt & Amy each live in half the house:

*Matt locks himself in his office and eats his meals alone. Only Matt's assistant, Caryn, and Molly, have the code. Matt considers his office, the driveway and any place near it and 30 feet around wherever he is standing at any point in time, as intimate private places. Matt wants to be able to make love to Amy in the woods without worrying that people will come by...

Although, honestly, the post with all the dirt from the depositions was just way more than I needed to know and I couldn't even finish reading it. But here's the blog if you want to try: spiritswander.blogspot.com

These specials are taped way out of order and spliced together.

Jeremy went off to college, it is one of the high priced for profit type private art schools in California. there are mixed reviews about the school kind of like online programs. He was accepted to the school a few years ago but the show recreated him getting the letter out of the mailbox.

Amy's 50th birthday episode, guess what she is not 50 yet but the episode was shown a few months ago for the first time. Remember Amy and Molly share a birthday Sept 17th, Amy was born in 1964 so explain to me the 50th birthday??

Molly is the only one I think will have a normal life. She has gotten in a few colleges, some out of state.

Jacob is the one to worry about. He has been expelled from the bible school the older boys went to. Even Amy and Matt have spoken up about his issues and said he doesn't like being filmed.

I think the deal was first 4 one hour specials and now 8 and this was number 6 so there will be 2 more. The rolloffs were still umder contract when TLC cancelled the weekly show so they agreed to the specials. The first 4 were filmed in 3 weeks but TLc re edited the episodes to seem like it was different months.

Amy's 50th birthday episode, guess what she is not 50 yet but the episode was shown a few months ago for the first time. Remember Amy and Molly share a birthday Sept 17th, Amy was born in 1964 so explain to me the 50th birthday??

Jacob is the one to worry about. He has been expelled from the bible school the older boys went to. Even Amy and Matt have spoken up about his issues and said he doesn't like being filmed.

Yes, any source I can find indicates that Amy is currently 47, turning 48 later this month. TLC and the Roloffs must not have heard about the internets.

As for Jake, I think the show itself played a large role in his both his dislike of being filmed and his "issues". He's the biggest victim of his parents' phony reality show. Despite being the least filmed in the family, all of his most traumatic childhood moments (and he had more than his share) have been shared with world while his parents seem to have focused far more attention on the older sons and their own problems in order to make the show more "entertaining". I hope he turns out okay, but fear he still has a difficult road ahead of him.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived