IGNORED

Crystal Paine is learning not to judge

annielaura16

First time posting...hope I handle links right. If not please fee free to fix!

I actually follow Crystal's current blog money saving mom, for all the tips, and she had this posted yesterday. Nice to see her admit to the things she said and blogged about in her old blog, instead of pretending it didn't happen.

moneysavingmom.com/2013/10/less-judgment-more-acceptance.html

[edited by hoipolloi to remove the accursed "dot"]

I read this post and some of the comments and it was pretty good.

I always wonder how "older" (I'm thinking Lori and others like her) Christians have never managed to have this epiphany. Usually life has a way of kicking you around enough to realize you don't know everything.

Maybe there's hope for some of these bloggers yet.

annielaura16, have you read some of her older posts where she was much more judgmental? She says she deleted them, so I'm curious what they were about.

I remember her, she was a nasty piece of work.

Then again, so was I at 19. Lucky me that blogging wasn't really a thing in 1995, so the entire world didn't get to see what a judgmental, privileged little snot I was.

Good for her growing, changing and admitting to being wrong.

Oh, and don't replace the . with (dot). That makes it hard on smartphone users. Just remove the initial http://. With that removed, you can't directly click from here to the blog, so the blog owner won't see a sudden rush of traffic all from one specific place.

I've followed Crystal since her Biblical Womenhood blog days and am amazed at her transformation. I am pretty sure she still holds beliefs I do not agree with but she really has grown. She was insufferable when she blogged about being submissive to your husband, modest dress, etc. I really do admire her for addressing her past and admitting she was wrong to be so dogmatic. Most fundies usually just try to sweep their past under the rug, much less allow themselves to change their viewpoint even the slightest bit. I also admire the little empire she has built with Moneysaving Mom. She may still believe in being a submissive wife but it's obvious she generates most of the income in the family!

I also get the impression she brings in more money than her husband. What interests me about Crystal is that it's clear she was heavily into the Biblical Womanhood stuff, and then realised it wasn't working for her. When I read Biblical Womanhood through her pregnancies, it was clear she had a really rough time. She went silent after the birth of her little boy, and there were hints that she suffered from post natal depression. Also, although her family seem to be quiverful, she's stopped at just the three children unless she's spacing her family, (but her littlest is 4 now).

She always struck me, under all the silly YLCF stuff, as a canny businesswoman and an extremely practical manager. I'm glad to see her get ahead, and I think it's great that she has the guts to admit where she went wrong.

Archived