IGNORED

Abigail Miscarried

Ridiculous

abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2013/10/prayer-request.html

Miscarriage at 14 weeks gestation. I feel terrible for her, honestly. I hope her children aren't too traumatized by this.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2013/10/prayer-request.html

Miscarriage at 14 weeks gestation. I feel terrible for her, honestly. I hope her children aren't too traumatized by this.

It is very sad.

The wording in the post makes me crazy.

I am always sad when people lose a hoped-for pregnancy. I don't know these folks so I can't snark (and wouldn't snark on this - hard to see a sonogram of a fetus w/out a heart beat)/

I hope she is able to process this in a productive manner.

I feel bad asking this right now but she only has 3 kids? With all her talk about large catholic families I thought that she had more kids than that. 3 kids is pretty unremarkable in my book. Nothing close to a large family.

I feel for her especially going past 12 weeks. I hope there are no more though. She needs to learn to deal properly with the ones that she has.

She said 3 were in the wedding party, so maybe those were the ones in the picture. She's had 7 pregnancies--5 children, two losses.

Very sad.

I wonder if she is going to be able to have another funeral.

I agree very sad! But she really had a funeral? That's kind of weird.

I'm sorry for her and her family because that is a terrible thing to go through. But I am not sorry she won't have another child to subject to her whims about the importance of Netflix or cello lessons over food or heat.

She said 3 were in the wedding party, so maybe those were the ones in the picture. She's had 7 pregnancies--5 children, two losses.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! This has been a long week and it is only Monday.

Poor Abigail. She's annoying, and her beliefs are awful, but I feel really bad for her. I hope she and her family find peace and healing.

That is really awful. Just out of curiosity, how old is Abigail? Sadly enough, older moms are significantly more likely to miscarry, perhaps because they produce more abnormal embryos that are ultimately incompatible with life. (Case in point: Joy Alexander, Meredith's mom, and the painful string of miscarriages that followed her decision to "give her fertility to God" after attending a Gothard IBLP conference at around age 35: alexanderadventures.com/gpage9.html.)

I believe she is 37. She and her husband are also both carriers of cystic fibrosis. She is a very unstable person, so I truly hope that she is really handling this as well as her post implies.

They will probably start trying again right away. I'm sure Abigail does love her children, but I have always gotten the sense that she wants more so that she can prove how Catholic she is. I wish she would at least use NFP so that she could focus on taking care of the children she already has, as well as getting herself to a more healthy place psychologically. But she won't.

Do any of her children have CF? I cannot imagine being a carrier and my boyfriend being a carrier, and risking having a child with CF. It is such an awful disease :(

Do any of her children have CF? I cannot imagine being a carrier and my boyfriend being a carrier, and risking having a child with CF. It is such an awful disease :(

I don't think any of her kids have CF. I agree w/ your statement I'm not carrier but if I was I wouldn't want to take a risk either.

Having miscarried twice myself, I know the pain that can come with the loss of a much wanted pregnancy. That said, I fear the impact that this will have on Abigail's children, especially if she elects to go through with another formal mass/funeral.

I also fear that she will continue to let their homeschooling and general care slip, in favor of lying in bed and watching television. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't have that luxury right now.

I don't know if I am a carrier or not. I plan to be childfree forever, though. Or at the very least, never get pregnant. Maybe fostering down the line, but I'm not too sure yet. I just know I don't want to have my own child.

My mom had two miscarriages before me, and according to my dad, one was a pair of twins. I don't think she's ever recovered mentally from it, but she doesn't want help. Miscarriages are horrible.

It's sad, and worrying in light of her mental health issues.

I agree with this. I'm not a fan of Abigail's, but I feel bad for her and I also suspect mental health issues with her.

How sad.

The funeral for miscarried babies is a little creepy. I remember watching the Duggar Jubilee episode, and thinking, "This is the most real we've seen them, but this does not need to be televised".

I think that if having a funeral helps her cope with the grief, she should go ahead and do it - if there weren't other children to consider. I could see that really traumatizing young kids and perhaps make their sadness/confusion much worse. Just a sad story all around.

Archived