IGNORED

Pics of famous people

thoughtful

http://www.identi.li/index.php?topic=121095

This just caught my fancy, and I thought others might enjoy it, too. It's someone's collection of pictures of famous people, that I found while googling. Some of them you'd expect to see together, some are fun surprises.

The order jumps around chronologically, which makes it fun to scroll through -- Queen Elizabeth with Helen Mirren, then Charlie Chaplin with Helen Keller, then Freddie Mercury and Boy George -- sure, why not? :D

Some are clearly posed, but quite a few are candid, including some of people laughing so hard that I want to know what was so funny!

For example:

Harry Belafonte and Martin Luther King

Ug6r85S.jpg

Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Bob Hope, and David Niven

YX0CVzy.jpg

That second one is awesome! Wouldn't you want to be the lady at their table sipping martinis?? :)

http://www.identi.li/index.php?topic=121095

This just caught my fancy, and I thought others might enjoy it, too. It's someone's collection of pictures of famous people, that I found while googling. Some of them you'd expect to see together, some are fun surprises.

The order jumps around chronologically, which makes it fun to scroll through -- Queen Elizabeth with Helen Mirren, then Charlie Chaplin with Helen Keller, then Freddie Mercury and Boy George -- sure, why not? :D

Some are clearly posed, but quite a few are candid, including some of people laughing so hard that I want to know what was so funny!

For example:

Harry Belafonte and Martin Luther King

Ug6r85S.jpg

Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Bob Hope, and David Niven

img]http://i.imgur.com/YX0CVzy.jpg

What a stunning man Harry Belafonte is!! Although in his eighties he still is......I adore him!!

I love these pictures! The photos of Art Garfunkel, Candice Bergen and Jack Nicholson must have been taken during the filming of Carnal Knowledge, film which Edith Bunker made a joke about on All in the Family. (She quipped she thought it was a religious picture: Cardinal Knowledge.) The ones with Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews and Lucille Ball were probably made when they did specials together in the 60s. Truffaut interviewed Hitchcock and published a book of his interviews with the filmmaker whom he considered a true auteur. I love the photos of Betty White, Slash and that big snake, His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Mr Rogers (so much compassion) and the photos of the jazz greats in Harlem and all those physicists.

I love these pictures! The photos of Art Garfunkel, Candice Bergen and Jack Nicholson must have been taken during the filming of Carnal Knowledge, film which Edith Bunker made a joke about on All in the Family. (She quipped she thought it was a religious picture: Cardinal Knowledge.) The ones with Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews and Lucille Ball were probably made when they did specials together in the 60s. Truffaut interviewed Hitchcock and published a book of his interviews with the filmmaker whom he considered a true auteur. I love the photos of Betty White, Slash and that big snake, His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Mr Rogers (so much compassion) and the photos of the jazz greats in Harlem and all those physicists.

Ah, PennySycamore, my fellow movie buff -- I knew you'd recognize why various film people were together.

Did you catch the one with Fred Astaire visiting Gene Kelly and Judy Garland on the set of The Pirate? It looked to me like they'd been doing a "rehearse in the most annoying parts of your costume, to get used to them" day. :lol:

And I also loved the Dalai Lama and Mr. Rogers pic, Betty kissing Slash's snake (hmmmm, that didn't come out right), and the jazz-greats and physicist pics.

Wish Schrodinger had brought his cat, though (pause for rim shot).

Archived